Proposal: Jonathan Drouin

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
There is no way that Bergevin can trade Drouin. Once he's gone it might be an open question, but absolutely not before then.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Mika has career high at 51 pts, while Drouin is at 53 pts. career high concerning production, and both are still consider top 6 players for most NHL teams. Salary comparison Druin 5.5 mil $ salary, and mika has 5.3 mil cap. almost similar value related to their contracts.

One is a true center. Advantage Zib. I might trade a 1st rder for Drouin instead of Zib who I will keep but I'm in no rush to acquire him.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Drouin is one of the few Habs who can't be traded. We just traded our best prospect for him and he is a local guy signed long term. Odds are he never wears a different NHL jersey again.

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
wow really, what did I miss?
I`m looking at detailed stats here from nhl.com and find J. Drouin with a better career high related to production, and he is two years younger which is a huge bonus in NHL - since most are retired before they hit 30 years old, at least here in NY. :D

It is actually pretty simple. Drouin is a habs and on these boards all Habs players are worthless. Weber is old (same age as Burns funny you never hear Burns is old and on a decline), Price is done and overpaid, Pacioretty is barely worth a first event though the man has scored goals like a top 10 goal scorers in the last 5 years.

Drouin is just another habs now and is suddenly worthless.

Habs was a terribly built team this year, no top 6 Cs, only 1 experienced puck moving D, 2 top 4 Ds. It’s is really not a wounder a player like Drouin had a hard time. New team and not playing his natural position.

But in Hf, he is a Habs so his value is terrible.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
It is actually pretty simple. Drouin is a habs and on these boards all Habs players are worthless. Weber is old (same age as Burns funny you never hear Burns is old and on a decline), Price is done and overpaid, Pacioretty is barely worth a first event though the man has scored goals like a top 10 goal scorers in the last 5 years.

Habs was a terribly built team this year, no top 6 Cs, only 1 experienced puck moving D, 2 top 4 Ds. It’s is really not a wounder a player like Drouin had a hard time. New team and not playing his natural position.

This, see any team that has a large fan base and a off year, or any team that isn’t elite, the players are essentially worthless if they are over 25

On raw talent alone, Drouin is arguably one of the most talented players in the league, not many can do what he can do with a puck. Put him back on the wing, give him a good centerman, and look out. Yes I know getting that star center isn’t easy, but beats offloading him for scraps like this board would suggest

Reactions: HOPE and Benstheman

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
That smart*** attitude of yours sure makes you sound like you know a lot of things.
da phazz im not any smarter than anyone else, im just older and seen alot, when you get as old as i am youll know things too

I kmow youre a Hab fan, but Drouin needs to grow up a bit and help out his team mates a bit

thats the difference from todays Canadiens, and the canadiens of my youth, they were a team in every sense of the word

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017

gee thats funny. You would think with a team that as you say has so many great players, youd have made the playoffs rather easily and yet you didnt in fact you werent even close....

maybe YOURE the reason?

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
gee thats funny. You would think with a team that as you say has so many great players, youd have made the playoffs rather easily and yet you didnt in fact you werent even close....

maybe YOURE the reason?

You would also think that Vegas with all the mediocre players they had would've missed the playoffs rather easily. The quality of your players is one thing but while Vegas managed to build a fantastic team with their players, the Habs while having a lot of better players have an incoherent team that lacks direction.

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
J.D isn't a bad young player Why are you giving up on him so early maybe hes not a confided number 1 C but he is an elite winger IMO.
I think you get a C for him to play with AHEM , Johnny T Sign him to a thickkk contract this off season MTL looking like a contender

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
You would also think that Vegas with all the mediocre players they had would've missed the playoffs rather easily. The quality of your players is one thing but while Vegas managed to build a fantastic team with their players, the Habs while having a lot of better players have an incoherent team that lacks direction.
vegas had a big advantage fault, they had a bunch of players who felt unwanted by their former team since they werent protected, that gave them a sense of unity, and as a result they bonded, the habs have whats seems like a 25 cabs air about them, which needs to change

synergy can take a less talented team far, it seems that even the GM and the coach are on different pages in montreal, Bergevin gets players and the coach doesnt use them? let them get on the same page and the results should be better but i wonder about guys like Drouin and Galchenyuk, they have histories of marching to their own beat, which I dont expect to change....if they bought in completely I think it would it would be like night and day

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Yeah, I don't think the Habs will move Drouin, considering how much they have admired him by putting him as a first-liner and etc.

Reactions: Ori

HabsEstrie

Sep 30, 2017
Terrible for the rangers. If Nylander doesn't get much in a trade, drouin gets less for sure.

LOL butt hurt much ? You really should step away from your keyboard for a few days. I preferred it when you Laffs were irrelevant. Like the last 50 years.

Phoicon

Take these broken wings and learn to fly again.
Jan 26, 2018
Copenhagen
What’s crazy about the craziest NYR posters on this board, including Ori and B-meister, is how right they sometimes are.

And I admit it grudgingly. They are rarely right but when they hit bullseye they hit dead-centre because NHL GMs are closer to them in their intelligence and approach than to the reasonable posters like Amazing Kredierman or BrooklynRangersFan. It’s sad.

Personally, I would not do Drouin for Zib + 2019 first. I would do Zib for the 3rd overall.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
J.D isn't a bad young player Why are you giving up on him so early maybe hes not a confided number 1 C but he is an elite winger IMO.
I think you get a C for him to play with AHEM , Johnny T Sign him to a thickkk contract this off season MTL looking like a contender

Really? Never got to 55 pts and pretty lousy defensively. Elite?

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Doubt that. Drouin’s value is at an all-time low. He can probably get a late first. Better off keeping in him - he can still become a star.
e37.png

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->