Proposal: Jonathan Drouin

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
It’s not, Zibs would be Montreal’s best center by a country mile, and the best center they’ve had in a while.

I doubt the Rangers would trade Zibs for anything less than a top-3 pick, though
Yeah after thinking about it I don’t think I’d do it anymore. It was spontaneous but it’d kill our chemistry. Zib and Kreider probably have one of the best chemistry’s in the league

Reactions: BerlinBlueShirt

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
We just traded for Drouin. He’s simply not available

Alright fine, I`m drinking a Corona Extra and listen David Guetta while I consider all this. :)

Anyway good weekend. ))

Last edited:

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
It`s fine and understandable - I just enjoy the thoughts to start fresh, and both players are consider center position players, @Owen Doty

Mika struggled with even strength goals this season and his overall production - so if I was Gorton I would consider it. And concerning our speciality PP team - we have both DeAngelo & Kevin S on PP who can be on the 1st PP unit.
no they are not both centers
im an islander fan, so im not aexactly biased for the rangers, so when i say your original proposal was insane and bad for the rangers you can believe it, and Drouin is not a center, you may play him as one but he isnt one

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
We`re done debating that part @72hockey guy - value wise it`s not that bad consider Mika is injury prone and last injury was a concussion. So that 2019 pick work like an insurance for Habs, because more likely he will be injured next season as well. I`ve seen Mika career here in NYR, and watch most of his games after Gorton signed him years ago for D. Brassard.

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
Sorry but Drouin is heading very fast into bust zone. I personally wouldn't give up more than a 2nd for him as I just don't see him as truly being an impact player in the league. Again, that's just my personal opinion

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Mika has career high at 51 pts, while Drouin is at 53 pts. career high concerning production, and both are still consider top 6 players for most NHL teams. Salary comparison Druin 5.5 mil $ salary, and mika has 5.3 mil cap. almost similar value related to their contracts.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
We`re done debating that part @72hockey guy - value wise it`s not that bad consider Mika is injury prone and last injury was a concussion. So that 2019 pick work like an insurance for Habs, because more likely he will be injured next season as well. I`ve seen Mika career here in NYR, and watch most of his games after Gorton signed him years ago for D. Brassard.
whats the insurance for the rangers getting a headcase then, and whats the insurance for Drouin not being as good as Zbinejad

face it the proposal was just stupid. you can make all the excuses you like but you cant ignore the stupidity

points arent the only thing that matters, positional defense, leadership, unselfishness,

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
wow really, what did I miss?
I`m looking at detailed stats here from nhl.com and find J. Drouin with a better career high related to production, and he is two years younger which is a huge bonus in NHL - since most are retired before they hit 30 years old, at least here in NY. :D

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
wow really, what did I miss?
I`m looking at detailed stats here from nhl.com and find J. Drouin with a better career high related to production, and he is two years younger which is a huge bonus in NHL - since most are retired before they hit 30 years old, at least here in NY. :D
its easy to see what you missed. an understanding of what it takes to win hockey games.

watch five games of couturier on the flyers and then 5 from Drouin and even though Drouin has averaged more points a season, you can tell rather easily why drouin isnt a winner and couturier is, once you understand why couturier is 5 times the player drouin is, then just maybe youll understand why Zbinejad is a better player. zbinejad isnt couturier but he's alot closer to couturier than Drouin ever will be.

it comes down to one word Selfishness

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
He is 23 years old @72hockey guy - it`s too early in my opinion to call him bust, and Sean Couturier had a breakthrough season this year at age of 25 if you look at his career stats.
Sean Couturier Stats and News
once again you just dont get it....

i tried to show you but your just clueless ori

the point is Couturier was helping his team win even before he broke out offensively by playing defense, by everything else he does on ice and in the locker room, supporting teammates both on and off the ice

these are things drouin will NEVER do they just arent in his personality. because Drouin is a ME player, listen to his interviews

but alas Ori you'll never get it

sometimes being too unselfish is a bad thing, but being selfish all the time is never good

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Sorry but Drouin is heading very fast into bust zone. I personally wouldn't give up more than a 2nd for him as I just don't see him as truly being an impact player in the league. Again, that's just my personal opinion
Which don't mean much to us.

As for the OP's proposal. Habs are not interested.

Reactions: Ori

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016
once again you just dont get it....

i tried to show you but your just clueless ori

the point is Couturier was helping his team win even before he broke out offensively by playing defense, by everything else he does on ice and in the locker room, supporting teammates both on and off the ice

these are things drouin will NEVER do they just arent in his personality. because Drouin is a ME player, listen to his interviews

but alas Ori you'll never get it

sometimes being too unselfish is a bad thing, but being selfish all the time is never good

That smart*** attitude of yours sure makes you sound like you know a lot of things.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Exactly. I know 8th round picks don't exist, but I still wouldn't give that up for Drouin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad