Proposal: Jonathan Drouin

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
:habs Jonathan Drouin + 4th rnd. pick in 2019.

for

:rangersMika Zibanejad + Tampa Bay conditional 1st/2nd pick in 2019.

- Canadians get a better pick on 2019 based on age differences, and they have similar value production wise, but J. Drouin is two years younger than Mika so they will get a better value pick to continue their rebuild in 2019.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Ugh, no thanks bud. They can keep Drouin. The whole contract debacle with Tampa is a huge red flag to me. Let's get our own talents. Also no way we should trade Ziba and that pick next year.

Reactions: Ori

Owen Doty

Jan 1, 2018

for

- Canadians get a better pick on 2019 based on age differences, and they have similar value production wise, but J. Drouin is two years younger than Mika so they will get a better value pick to continue their rebuild in 2019.

Center is a more important position than wing. If anything It is the canadiens who would add more, NOT the rangers. Don't know why the rangers would do this anyway

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Ugh, no thanks bud. They can keep Drouin. The whole contract debacle with Tampa is a huge red flag to me. Let's get our own talents. Also no way we should trade Ziba and that pick next year.

It`s fine and understandable - I just enjoy the thoughts to start fresh, and both players are consider center position players, @Owen Doty

Mika struggled with even strength goals this season and his overall production - so if I was Gorton I would consider it. And concerning our speciality PP team - we have both DeAngelo & Kevin S on PP who can be on the 1st PP unit.

Owen Doty

Jan 1, 2018
It`s fine and understandable - I just enjoy the thoughts to start fresh, and both players are consider center position players, @Owen Doty
Drouin is not a center though. He is a winger, even Marc Bergevin said as much, only reason he was tried at C is because montreal had no other options. Drouin is a skilled winger, but he just isn't a centre.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Drouin is not a center though. He is a winger, even Marc Bergevin said as much, only reason he was tried at C is because montreal had no other options. Drouin is a skilled winger, but he just isn't a centre.
I understand better now - that`s why he has a C for center on this link Jonathan Drouin Stats and News
I would still do the trade though - and we can also use him as a winger since we have so many young center prospects coming up from our farm.

Last edited:

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
This does nothing for the Rangers.

1) The age difference between Zibanejad and Drouin is not worth a first or second rounder.

2) Zibanejad is still young anyways.

3) Mika is also the better player.

Basically, you have the Rangers offloading a first or second for a worse player because he's a couple years younger. That's silly.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I don`t evaluate it that way @gallagt01 - I see Drouin early NHL career as a bonus for sure - since he is closer to Chytil & Lias age who Gorton is rebuilding around those two pieces.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Looks like a fair deal. More risk for the Rangers, and more to gain as well. Drouin gets a change of scenery and hopefully, doesn't have to play over his head.

If it's Zib + 1st, rather than the 2nd, it's a bad deal though.

Reactions: Ori

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
yeah true @firstemperor - I doubt Tampa Bay win the cup, but it`s a risk involved. I think the Canadian GM would consider it since they are rebuilding and need better value picks in the next years.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC

for

Wouldn't trade Mika Zibanejad for that package alone.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I’d trade Zib for Montreal’s first though (top 3 protected)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad