Prospect Info: Jonathan Dahlen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Really wish he was in the SHL though, we already know he's a good player at this level

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Really wish he was in the SHL though, we already know he's a good player at this level

I do think getting back to a familiar ennvironment can be good for him after being out with mono though. But hopefully that clause will be used in january if everything goes as planned

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
Great news this morning, Dahlen is moving to Brynas of the SHL! Hope he does well.

*edit - WILL move up to Brynas soon (starting in Dec), so won't be joining Pettersson in Vaxjo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Great news this morning, Dahlen is moving to Brynas of the SHL! Hope he does well.

*edit - WILL move up to Brynas soon (starting in Dec), so won't be joining Pettersson in Vaxjo.

Gradin should have fun with Adam Boqvist being there as well albeit only playing 2 games so far.

The sooner Dahlen plays in the SHL the better. Have high hopes for him.

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
Umm..oh yeah, this is our top prospect who won't play for our minor league team.

Sweden you say?

Fascinating

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
He participated in the latter part of the Vancouver camp. He practiced and played in both preseason games for the Comets and practiced up to just before the first game and then his name was missing form the final roster with no explanation. He was gone.

The medical profession in Sweden hasn't discovered any miracle cures that the medical profession in the U.S. doesn't have. This mono thing is just another way to paper over the fact that Benning doesn't have the balls to tell a prospec,t "You signed with the Vancouver Canucks and we expect you to develop within our system, on NA sized rinks, learning our system, under the tutelage and guidance of our development staff." The prospect doesn't tell his team where he will play and where he won't.

Benning needs to start wearing big boy pants and quit signing these escape clauses. Tryamkin, Rodin, Dahlen, and apparently Petterrson as well, all have them. Only Rodin has decided to report to the AHL and take his chances, SO FAR.

Now, Benning needs to provide the crop of prospects he stuffed in Utica with too many vets, a trio of play making centers to work with them. I don't care how he has to do it, but they are not going to develop without them. Chaput is okay. Gaunce would be another. Who he has to trade, sell or loan to do it is his problem. Utica GM Johnson needs to start earning his pay as well. He hasn't done one thing since taking on that role. He has been basically invisible. Get with your boss Ryan, and get something done!

Dahlen should be in Utica RIGHT NOW being the ANSWER to the center problem

I don't know if Petterson is eligible? Something tells me he isn't, but if he is and he isn't in Utica next year, I swear to GOD I will bitch about it online all year

Prospects should play for OUR prospect team, if Mono was a problem he wouldn't be playing AT ALL

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Regardless of where we finish, I am never expecting anything but 5-8, that's the way it will be,

Because of that fact, WE NEED MORE 5-8 picks in the line-up, if Joulevi turns out and Jake can be a 20 G guy, we still need more talent on the blueline, and at least once more center...

Funny how I just forget about Peterson....Something tells me that guy isn't the answer, I don't know, We need guys who grew up dreaming of winning the Stanley Cup not the World Championships, he might be a good offensive contributor, but I still feel like we need another top 6, 18-20 minute, North American or North Americanized 60 Pt. center and a 23-25 minute 40 pt D-man with a strong Plus/minus (yeah plus/minus DEAL WITH IT) if we are ever going to seriously consider the dream of being swept by a REAL hockey team in the 2nd round.
Dahlen should be in Utica RIGHT NOW being the ANSWER to the center problem

I don't know if Petterson is eligible? Something tells me he isn't, but if he is and he isn't in Utica next year, I swear to GOD I will ***** about it online all year

Prospects should play for OUR prospect team, if Mono was a problem he wouldn't be playing AT ALL

You sound racist.

Cquant

May 14, 2015
Signing in Switzerland would be a death sentence for his confidence. The only teams with free non-swiss (foreigner) contracts available are the bottom 6 teams and they're a serious tire fire right now.
He really should choose between the SHL and Utica.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad