Prospect Info: Jonathan Dahlen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
When he comes over to North America I hope he doesn't expect much ice time at the expense of all the great established forwards we have like Megna and dorsett. Hopefully he packs his balls in his suitcase as well or sutter might take issue with him.

coldhands

Jan 25, 2012
BC
When he comes over to North America I hope he doesn't expect much ice time at the expense of all the great established forwards we have like Megna and dorsett. Hopefully he packs his balls in his suitcase as well or sutter might take issue with him.

I can see the Expressen article now that we have to translate only to have our collective hearts broken once more.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Good news. I expect he will be sent back to Sweden if he fails to make the team.

If they use him in marketing over the summer he has made the team.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Before the draft, there was a few publications that rated him as a late first round draft pick. I think the best step for his development is to dominate in Utica so he can be call up to an inevitable injury.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Sweden next year. AHL the year after hopefully.
See how it goes half way through 2018 -2019 in the A

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Don't pencil him in for Utica just yet....

So he will very likely be in Sweden next season? This guy looks to be even better than Goldobin, and Goldy is really good. Thank goodness JB made those two deadline deals. Now we have some hope for a better future:)

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
I'd be fine with him going back to sweden for a year. Just happy that utica or sweden are options.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
I understand why he has the Europe clause (he has full leverage here), but I really think it would be best for him to play in the AHL this year.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Excited to see what he does in Utica next year.

Doubt he ever sees the AHL next year....it's the Canucks or back to Sweden to play in the top-tier SHL....probably a money thing...he'd a earn a lot more playing in the SHL than on an entry-level contract in Utica.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
Everything in Utica is so up in the air. I'd rather see him playing in the SHL until he's more physically mature (maybe 1 more year) and then make the jump directly to the NHL or play in the AHL at that stage.

The AHL can be an unforgiving league when you're playing with grinders and against grinders every game.

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
So he will very likely be in Sweden next season? This guy looks to be even better than Goldobin, and Goldy is really good. Thank goodness JB made those two deadline deals. Now we have some hope for a better future:)

Goldy has insane offensive skills. Where Dahlen excels is much more effort in his own zone and a real relentless offensive game (kind of like Gallagher a bit).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->