Prospect Info: Jonathan Dahlen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Think Dahlen is still coming to North America to play for the Comets in the playoffs this year? Best of 7 coming up. If they win it they enter the SHL Playoffs.
Then he could easily be named to Team Sweden for the World Cup in May.

I believe his appearance here this Spring is just more Benning smoke blowing because he has no control whatsoever where this kid plays.

Also reading about how Vaxjo is offering Elias a big contract to re-sign there next season. Anyone else seeing this? He isn't committed to coming to North America yet as he isn't signed and doesn't have to until June, 2021. Wouldn't that be a bite?
There’s a chance that Dahlen won’t play for Utica this season if he knows he will and wants to play in the WC (which I doubt they will select him), or if he just doesn’t want to for reasons
You’re over thinking a bit about Pettersson, I don’t think Vaxjo can afford to hand out a bigger contract than an ELC with maximum bonuses.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
It works somehow in Soccer. Historic teams do sometimes get relegated and have to fight their way back in. But there is no draft, and it seems like way more club development from very young ages.
Tons of soccer clubs in Europe have been around for longer than a century...
There’s a difference in fans loyalty compare to here

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
There’s a chance that Dahlen won’t play for Utica this season if he knows he will and wants to play in the WC (which I doubt they will select him)
You’re over thinking a bit about Pettersson, I don’t think Vaxjo can afford to hand out a bigger contract than an ELC with maximum bonuses.

You are assuming the $ for one more year is the only consideration he's making. He knows his size and he knows they hit a lot more in the NHL and he just might want to mature a bit more. Boeser is a lot older and bigger and as the Canucks top player he was targeted a lot and was beat up by the time they shut him down. Maybe Elias would like to get stronger before he subjects himself to that. A big injury could curtail a career and don't think he isn't aware of that. He has time (June 1, 2021) and no one can force him to sign. I don't think the Swedes bleed to be NHL players with the same depth that North Americans do. Their life in Sweden is comfortable and long careers are possible and the money sets them up just fine for life. I really don't think he is in any kind of desperate hurry.

All that aside, I think you will see him in camp next year and his decision to sign or return to Sweden will be made then.

Reactions: tyhee

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Tons of soccer clubs in Europe have been around for longer than a century...
There’s a difference in fans loyalty compare to here

Very true. Still would have done my heart good to see Toronto or Edmonton relegated at some point over the last 25 years. That being said, the Canucks would not have made it out of the 70's.

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
I watched some of the game,Dahlin was flying.Great talent,very quick and skilled with the puck.Top level prospect next year,i'm convinced after watching parts of the last few games.

coldsteel79

Sep 28, 2015
sask
You are assuming the $ for one more year is the only consideration he's making. He knows his size and he knows they hit a lot more in the NHL and he just might want to mature a bit more. Boeser is a lot older and bigger and as the Canucks top player he was targeted a lot and was beat up by the time they shut him down. Maybe Elias would like to get stronger before he subjects himself to that. A big injury could curtail a career and don't think he isn't aware of that. He has time (June 1, 2021) and no one can force him to sign. I don't think the Swedes bleed to be NHL players with the same depth that North Americans do. Their life in Sweden is comfortable and long careers are possible and the money sets them up just fine for life. I really don't think he is in any kind of desperate hurry.

All that aside, I think you will see him in camp next year and his decision to sign or return to Sweden will be made then.
I wouldn’t mind if he took another year in the shl, less chance of injury while he gets bigger and stronger.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Think Dahlen is still coming to North America to play for the Comets in the playoffs this year? Best of 7 coming up. If they win it they enter the SHL Playoffs.
Then he could easily be named to Team Sweden for the World Cup in May.

I believe his appearance here this Spring is just more Benning smoke blowing because he has no control whatsoever where this kid plays.

Also reading about how Vaxjo is offering Elias a big contract to re-sign there next season. Anyone else seeing this? He isn't committed to coming to North America yet as he isn't signed and doesn't have to until June, 2021. Wouldn't that be a bite?
Well thats HUGELY worrying about Pettersson. Maybe he doesnt want to sign here? If he goes back to Europe for another year that aint good and doesnt look good for loyalty to the team that drafted him. Hopefully is not the case but something to keep an eye on i guess

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver

Let’s say he wants to mature a bit more before making the nhl, then it’s up to the management to persuade him to play in Utica. There’s literally no benefit for this organization if he plays another year in Vaxjo.

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
Well thats HUGELY worrying about Pettersson. Maybe he doesnt want to sign here? If he goes back to Europe for another year that aint good and doesnt look good for loyalty to the team that drafted him. Hopefully is not the case but something to keep an eye on i guess
U6URrT

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
im down for pettersson not coming to NA until benning f***s off so he cant save his miserable f***ing job

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam

Ridiculous comment per usual.. If he doesn't come over next year it's because he doesn't feel physically ready for the NHL yet.

I wonder why you say this about EVERY prospect..

Askel

By the way Benning should be fired.
Apr 19, 2004
Malmö/Vancouver
Thanks! If you have any thoughts or info about the match-up, I'd bet I'm not alone in wanting to read them. Predictions? Interesting players on Karlskrona? Any rivalry between the two teams? Etc. etc.
Karlskrona and timrå has always never met. Karlskrona went to SHL basically the same time as Timrå was relegated. They are also not close geograficly, so no rivalry.

Hard to tell who is going to win this. Karlskrona has been playing in a better league all season, but losing. They are used to a higher pace than Timrå. Timrå has a lot of good young players though (Dahlen is the best of them) and is a classic hockey town. It will IMO be a close series, hopefully Timrå comes out on top.

Alså Dahlen should not spend more time in Sweden its time for him to come to North America and try out for the NHL. I think he needs a year in AHL and then hell be ready.

Reactions: lindgren

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Ridiculous comment per usual.. If he doesn't come over next year it's because he doesn't feel physically ready for the NHL yet.

I wonder why you say this about EVERY prospect..

It would be worrying if he doesn’t come over next year. If he’s not ready for the NHL he should be playing in the AHL where there is direct control over his development.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014

Doesn't sound from this like he has plans to be in Utica this year at playoff time. If you read between the lines it doesn't sound like he means he needs to work real hard to be in the AHL. Thta response sounds like he is referring to the NHL.

Can't listen to what Jim says because he just blows smoke up everyone's ass just to make them think he is on top of things. This is just like he said Utica would have to have a playmaking center before for the last 2 seasons. Not.
Just like he said Dahlen would be in Utica for this season. One day. Just like he changed that to Dahlen would be in Utica at the halfway mark. Nope. Just like he now says Dahlen will be in Utica for the playoffs. ???-TBD.

In actuality, he has no idea, because Dahlen and his agent decide what Dahlen will do. That's the way it's been since he was acquired.

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
Doesn't sound from this like he has plans to be in Utica this year at playoff time. If you read between the lines it doesn't sound like he means he needs to work real hard to be in the AHL. Thta response sounds like he is referring to the NHL.

Can't listen to what Jim says because he just blows smoke up everyone's ass just to make them think he is on top of things. This is just like he said Utica would have to have a playmaking center before for the last 2 seasons. Not.
Just like he said Dahlen would be in Utica for this season. One day. Just like he changed that to Dahlen would be in Utica at the halfway mark. Nope. Just like he now says Dahlen will be in Utica for the playoffs. ???-TBD.

In actuality, he has no idea, because Dahlen and his agent decide what Dahlen will do. That's the way it's been since he was acquired.

I get that you want him there, but where he has been this year has not been bad for the canucks. I also am glad to hear he wants to push to be on Vancouver....I would never want a prospect to aim to play in the AHL and not look at the bigger picture. That's not to say he won't play down there, just that if he can push to play in the bigs and be productive I would want him there. Also, if he isn't ready I would want him in the A.

Reactions: Thiccboiboeser

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
I get that you want him there, but where he has been this year has not been bad for the canucks. I also am glad to hear he wants to push to be on Vancouver....I would never want a prospect to aim to play in the AHL and not look at the bigger picture. That's not to say he won't play down there, just that if he can push to play in the bigs and be productive I would want him there. Also, if he isn't ready I would want him in the A.
The poster is a Comets fan top to bottom, give it a rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad