Jokinen or Prucha?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starsdude

Jul 7, 2002
Visit site
Have not seen enough of Prucha but my assessment of Jokinin is that he is still learning the NA game. He is an unbievable 10th on the stars in shots. He still lacks the full respect of Tippet 5 on 5 yet there are signs that he is getting it. At the Calgary game today which was not a great game for him IMO but he took the man allowing someone else to take the puck on a dump in something he undoubtable would not have done early in the year. He will remain a deft passer on the half wall on the PP and looks to be trying to shoot more he will be a solid top 6 for dallas for years to come

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The reason why Prucha's shooting % is so high is because he has great hands, a great shot and despite his size he is always moving about around the net and getting open. He is absolutely fearless going into traffic areas.

You 'Orns!
Feb 11, 2004
Mannahatta
I like Prucha for lots of little reasons. He's a very rare breed: a small, skilled forward who likes to park himself in front of the net. He takes more hits every game than any small forward I've seen since Fleury, and he's all hustle, racing to the puck, winning battles against bigger players all over the ice. Of course, he's special because his finishing skills are top-notch.

Jussi Jokinen is a player I'm excited about, but I haven't seen as much. I don't think he has Prucha's grit, but in terms of defensive play and playmaking (more thinking pass over shot, as opposed to outright passing skill), he perhaps has a more well-rounded game.

Comparing the two, I see Prucha being a 40-goal scorer in the future (if healthy, he would have come close this year) and I see Jokinen being more in the 30-goal department, and both of them as consistent 60+ point performers. Personally, I take Prucha, because I do like goals better. A true finisher is a rare commodity these days.

A more interesting question would be to throw Svatos, whom I know very very little about, into this mix.

Last edited:

markzab

Sep 6, 2005
Philadelphia, PA.
Since coming back from injury, in 8 games Petr Prucha has 3 goals and 6 assists. I think he's starting to rack up more assists now because he's playing on better lines due to injury. I've been following the kid for the better half of the season and am praying he pans out.

In a fantasy league I took a chance and traded Bertuzzi for Murray and Prucha (Prucha was the main reason). The injury scared me but watching him come back stronger is awesome.

Oh, and I'd choose either Lundy or Phaneuf over both guys; Although I think they're both gonna be very good players.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Hudsey said:
Jokinen

Prucha has 27 goals 41 points and 19 PPP, while Jokinen has 16 goals, 51 points and 27 PPP.
Jokinen is a more balanced player and is 10 for 12 in the shootout.

Jokinen has played 13 more games.

Abyss

GO BRUINS
Jun 20, 2005
CT
markzab79 said:
Oh, and I'd choose either Lundy or Phaneuf over both guys; Although I think they're both gonna be very good players.

Um, I think everyone would.

the title is between Jokinen vs Prucha...Lundqvist or Phaneuf was involved it wouldn't even be fair to those 2 lol...

Smelco

Aug 19, 2004
lol, in a fantasy league I'm in, I picked Jokinen AND Prucha from waivers a couple years ago. I traded Jokinen for Kolanos (whhhooops!), but I kept Prucha.

Buffalo87

thehosers dot com
Mar 22, 2006
Rochester
007 said:
I like Prucha for lots of little reasons. He's a very rare breed: a small, skilled forward who likes to park himself in front of the net. He takes more hits every game than any small forward I've seen since Fleury, and he's all hustle, racing to the puck, winning battles against bigger players all over the ice. Of course, he's special because his finishing skills are top-notch.

Sounds exactly like a scouting report for Brian Gionta also.

4:20

Mar 23, 2002
B.C.
Visit site
Abyss said:
Um, I think everyone would.

the title is between Jokinen vs Prucha...Lundqvist or Phaneuf was involved it wouldn't even be fair to those 2 lol...

I thought he was talking about Lundmark. Another reminder to avoid silly nicknames for players (my personal pet peeve). I remember another thread recently where there was confusion between Kovalev and Kovalchuk because a poster referred to Kovy. Makes it hard for the reader.

Buffalo87

thehosers dot com
Mar 22, 2006
Rochester
4:20 said:
I thought he was talking about Lundmark. Another reminder to avoid silly nicknames for players (my personal pet peeve). I remember another thread recently where there was confusion between Kovalev and Kovalchuk because a poster referred to Kovy. Makes it hard for the reader.

First of all, Lundmark was never mentioned. Second of all, Lundmark is an actual player, so how does your confusion result from the use of nicknames?

Transported Upstater

Buffalo87 said:
First of all, Lundmark was never mentioned. Second of all, Lundmark is an actual player, so how does your confusion result from the use of nicknames?

You sure about that?

KreiMeARiver*

Hudsey said:
Jokinen

Prucha has 27 goals 41 points and 19 PPP, while Jokinen has 16 goals, 51 points and 27 PPP.
Jokinen is a more balanced player and is 10 for 12 in the shootout.

Jokinen also has 70 GP this season as opposed to Prucha's 57.

Prucha in a heartbeat....

markzab

Sep 6, 2005
Philadelphia, PA.
4:20 said:

Well the whole topic is refering to the calder trophy so if you were confused between Lundqvist and Lundmark you should brush up on who is a rookie and who is not.

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
Ott = Snott said:
And both have the same ppg average.. What's your point?

No excuses, but missing 3 weeks usually leads to a transition time where the player is eased back in, which leads to lower production.

Jussi strikes me as the more skillful one (and thats not a shot at Petr) but Prucha seems like hes got a better finishers touch.

As a Rangers fan, I'm happy with Prucha.

Piggish

Mar 28, 2006
Prucha's offense is a little bit ahead statistically. They're scoring points at roughly the same clip, but Jokinen has enjoyed more power-play time and subsequently scored more power-play points - although Prucha has actually been more dangerous on power-play when he has gotten the opportunity. Significantly 31 percent of Jokinen's points are goals whereas with Prucha a whopping 65 percent of his points are goals. Unless someone who watches both regularly wants to argue that Prucha gets better service from linemates or that Jokinen is better defensively, I'd have to go with Prucha.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
TK79 said:
Explain why. Jokinen is a far better playmaker and has been the best player in league in shoot-outs.

Prucha is also really smart defensivly, he will loose some battles down low though cause of his size.

The biggest reason IMO is that Prucha scores goals out of nowhere - or basically on his own. He is always a threat, impossible to shut down unless you injury him. Prucha have tremendous value in close games, he is a real winner.

I also like Jokinen allot. Though I still think he have potential to develop more, its uncertain though if he will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad