Jokinen or Prucha?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
As time goes on, this rookie class is shining more and more. Jokinen, Prucha, Svatos and Boyes would all be very strong contenders in any other year. To me, Boyes is the most underrated rookie. He definitely deserves to be talked about with any of the players in the second tier.

Between Prucha and Jokinen specifically, I'd lean to Prucha, but probably only because I've seen him a bit more. Jokinen is huge for the Stars too though.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
This season, I think Prucha by a little bit. It would be awfully hard to pick one over the other for the future, though.

This rookie class is amazing. It is basically with this class that we will see most of the top star veterans of the league 10 years from now, IMO.

Hudsey

Mar 14, 2006
Ontario
Jokinen

Prucha has 27 goals 41 points and 19 PPP, while Jokinen has 16 goals, 51 points and 27 PPP.
Jokinen is a more balanced player and is 10 for 12 in the shootout.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Hudsey said:
Jokinen

Prucha has 27 goals 41 points and 19 PPP, while Jokinen has 16 goals, 51 points and 27 PPP.

prucha also missed 3 weeks with a knee injury or he'd be over 30 and have twice as many goals as jokinen

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Hudsey said:
Jokinen

Yeah, let's not take Prucha's 3 week injury into account at all.

Yes, a week or so of it was covered with the Olympics, but he'd have more than 41 points to say the least.

He's also about as money as you can get as well in the shoot out.

Abyss

GO BRUINS
Jun 20, 2005
CT
I like Jokinen more but I believe Prucha would win only because people like goals more then assists...but Jokinen has been on an amazing tear since the break.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Abyss said:
I like Jokinen more but I believe Prucha would win only because people like goals more then assists...but Jokinen has been on an amazing tear since the break.

Prucha has amazing passing skills. See the Jagr goal tonight? :amazed:

Abyss

GO BRUINS
Jun 20, 2005
CT
Jon Prescription said:
Prucha has amazing passing skills. See the Jagr goal tonight? :amazed:

Well its not that he has bad passing skills...its that he scores more goals then Jokinen and people likes goals more then assists..so if it was between Prucha&Jokinen for calder I believe Prucha would win because in most peoples eyes goals > assists.

Both players are good passers and shooters, just Jokinen doesn't shoot enough. Since the break he is shooting more though, with 5 goals and 15 points in March so far.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Jussi Jokinen: 67 games - 16 goals - 35 assists for 51 points - ppga: 0.76 - 13.34 TOI
Peter Prucha: 57 games - 27 goals - 14 assists for 41 points - ppga: 0.71 - 13.44 TOI

The stats are very simular, but Jussi's shootout prowess might give him the edge, he's also a year younger. I could live with either rookie, though, both have been amazing.

Buffalo87

thehosers dot com
Mar 22, 2006
Rochester
I'd go with Prucha because pure goal-scorers are much harder to find. Jokinen is also getting this production on the top line, Prucha isn't. I can't wait to see what Prucha can do when he plays on the top line.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Buffalo87 said:
I'd go with Prucha because pure goal-scorers are much harder to find. Jokinen is also getting this production on the top line, Prucha isn't. I can't wait to see what Prucha can do when he plays on the top line.

Or, you can also view it differently: Jokinen faces the opposition's top defensive units game in game out, Prucha does not.

It might actually mean anything if Prucha wasn't getting heavy PP time alongside the top guns. He's got 14 powerplay goals already.

Buffalo87

thehosers dot com
Mar 22, 2006
Rochester
Ott = Snott said:
Or, you can also view it differently: Jokinen faces the opposition's top defensive units game in game out, Prucha does not.

It might actually mean anything if Prucha wasn't getting heavy PP time alongside the top guns. He's got 14 powerplay goals already.

That's true, but Jokinen's getting top PP time too...I think. Either way, playing on the top line benifits you more than it hurts you, but I see your point.

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
Since Prucha returned from the injury, he's turned into a player more than he was. He's been becoming a playmaker aswell as a scorer. Just something to watch, he's developing very quickly in that regard.

Scotianhab

Aug 2, 2005
Nova Scotia
Tough choice. Having seen Prucha more cuz of the Rangers/Habs games I'd choose Prucha. Jokinen is a great talent as well though.

Phaze

Feb 27, 2002
I'd take Jokinen as the shootout goals are very valuable. A SO goal is almost like a GWG.

TheZherdev

Jul 4, 2004
All i can say is this. Watch Prucha's stats the next couple weeks. Rucinsky had a season ending injury 2 nights ago. Prucha is now penciled down to play the first like with Jagr. I garuntee you that hes going to start racking assists at a much faster pace including score more goals.

Another stat you guys might want to argue is prucha has the best shooting percentage in the entire league (last time i checked it was at 26%).

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Blackburn2727 said:
All i can say is this. Watch Prucha's stats the next couple weeks. Rucinsky had a season ending injury 2 nights ago. Prucha is now penciled down to play the first like with Jagr. I garuntee you that hes going to start racking assists at a much faster pace including score more goals.

Another stat you guys might want to argue is prucha has the best shooting percentage in the entire league (last time i checked it was at 26%).

His shooting percentage is absolutely INSANE. :bow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->