Jokerit 17/18 - Scooters Gonna Scoot

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
If it's players of, say, Khokhlachev's calibre, I doubt Jokerit fans will be too upset. The problem is, there is no chance good Russian players will come to play for Jokerit. Not with its salary budget and local tax level.
Exactly. Having 1 or 2 Russian players because they're good would not be a problem. The problem lays in that the Russians are overpaid. With the quality and cost of Russian players, it would be both cheaper and better to sign Finnish players. So, a potential Russian ownership signing Russian players would probably do more harm than good.

But hey, if a potential Russian owner would like to sign Khokhlacyov, Kagarlitsky, Shirokov, Byvaltsev or Tkachyov – I wouldn't mind.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee

Whiskey In the Jar

Jan 28, 2013
Finland, Sweden and Usa surpisingly out of competition :laugh: :skeptic: Good for Jokerit prolly. However must admit I haven't watched olympics at all, so cant judge the performances :rolleyes:

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Finland, Sweden and Usa surpisingly out of competition :laugh: :skeptic: Good for Jokerit prolly. However must admit I haven't watched olympics at all, so cant judge the performances :rolleyes:
  • O'Neill was one of USA's best players. Gilroy was pretty decent. Zapolski played good, althogh he had a few Zappy goals
  • Tolvanen, Anttila and Lepistö were among the best players for Finland (hopefully Tolvanen will find the net in Jokerit again, as he went 16 games without a goal prior to the Olympics). Kivistö was solid defensively. Rämö didn't play any games.
  • Norman didn't get that much ice time for Sweden, so he couldn't make a big impact.
I was actually afraid that with nine players going to the Olympics, someone would return with an injury. Seems like all players from the Olympics will be available against SKA next week.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Can someone tell me what Niclas Andersen is doing on a ice hockey rink? everytime i seee him play he is so bad that i am in shock. he cant pass, he always gets hit and he never play the body. he is very dizzy.

powerplaymaker

Mar 5, 2018
Helsinki
Can someone tell me what Niclas Andersen is doing on a ice hockey rink? everytime i seee him play he is so bad that i am in shock. he cant pass, he always gets hit and he never play the body. he is very dizzy.
Well, Andersen was injured for a long period before coming back just before the playoffs. The first two games (the last regular season games vs. Riga and SKA) where awful, but since he's been better and better game after game. Clearly one of our best d-men in the playoffs so far (in his own role). I think Andersen is a solid d-man, if you dont give him too big of a role. He is playing with Sami Lepistö, who is propably the best Finnish d-man outside the NHL and Sami is perfect pair for Andersen.

Andersen plays a bit like Lundin did at the start of the season. Nothing too flashy, but solid 2-way defensive game, with simple opening passes and solid defensive game. Hopefully he can stay on this level or even improve his game.

Overall, he's been good so far! I don't know what games you have been watching...

Whiskey In the Jar

Jan 28, 2013
A quick recap ( Sog )

game1 Cska 4 (30) - Jokerit 0 (18)
game2 Cska 2 (38)- Jokerit 0 (26)
game3 Jokerit 2 (26) - Cska 1 (34)
game4 Jokerit 1 (16) - Cska 2 (17)
game5 Cska 1 (84) - Jokerit 2 (48)
game6 Jokerit 3 (22) - Cska 4 (34)

So Jokerit wre trailing shots quite a bit, actually pretty same rate as regular season stats were for both teams.
PP% 27 3rd best for the playoffs, for 11 games played. 5on5 becomes more important than specials in playoffs than in regular season in general, Jokerit were able to keep high pp%. 5on5 is the where room for improvement lies.

Jokerit getting a bit too old for the party
Jokerit Helsinki in 2017‑2018 Regular Season

Khl average age actually lower than NHL's currently. Median age prolly even lower. Nhl getting younger with speed, especially first and second lines. Players peak statistically at 23-25 years of age. GMs know this, younger players also cheaper, thus hockey becoming kids playground.

Toronto Maple Leafs in 2017‑2018 Regular Season

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
This is the KHL rating of teams for the last 3 years. Not sure, what criteria they use, though. Йокерит means Jokerit in Russian.

DZXQlr3WsAUb9mn.jpg:large

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Harkimo has apparently promised to tell next month whether he'll continue with Jokerit. Seems his political future would be in doubt the further he is involved with people on sanction lists.

jasonr90

Jun 11, 2014
Maine, USA
Harkimo has apparently promised to tell next month whether he'll continue with Jokerit. Seems his political future would be in doubt the further he is involved with people on sanction lists.

Would he completely leave? Wasn't his whole thing that he wanted to leave it to his sons?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Would he completely leave? Wasn't his whole thing that he wanted to leave it to his sons?

No, he didn't want leave the whole mess to his sons while Jokerit were still in Liiga. His son(s) don't have interest in runnign the team. Jolle may or may nor run for the parliament again and thus he woudl have the same burden as his father if he were to be involved with Jokerit.

Reactions: jasonr90

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Harkimo announced today on YLE morning show that he's leaving Jokerit and starting a new political "movement" (he left the Kokoomus party earlier this week). He made the decision in February 2017 that when Jokerit turns 50 and the season is over that he'd be leaving the club. "If you're in politics, you have to be all in." The goal is to find a new Finnish owner before the start of next season.

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Will be interesting which Finnish person will be willing to buy or become a shareholder in a club that in 4 years has made 50 million euros in losses and the baggage that come with co-owners that are on sanctions lists and heavily tied to Putin.

Last edited:

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
What happens if he can't find a new owner? The club simply ceases to exist? Run by fans with a fraction of their current budget and thus probably go back to Liiga? Is this something to be concerned about for KHL?

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
What happens if he can't find a new owner? The club simply ceases to exist? Run by fans with a fraction of their current budget and thus probably go back to Liiga? Is this something to be concerned about for KHL?

This type of news is revealed when a deal is done or close. I am sure Harkimo knows a name of new owner, but all paperwork is not done yet, so they will annouce it later. Or do you think Harkimo will try a luck & starts finding a new owner since today? He is not selling a thing worth of 10 EUR to afford such a luck.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
This type of news is revealed when a deal is done or close. I am sure Harkimo knows a name of new owner, but all paperwork is not done yet, so they will annouce it later. Or do you think Harkimo will try a luck & starts finding a new owner since today? He is not selling a thing worth of 10 EUR to afford such a luck.

Nope. He specifically said he doesn't have a buyer yet. He would have said if he had a buyer ready:

- Jokereille pitää löytää hyvä suomalainen koti, se on tärkein asia. Jatkuvuus pitää olla taattu ja kaikkien pitää uskoa siihen. Neuvottelemme mahdollisuuksista. Jos ostaja olisi tiedossa, kertoisin sen.

Harkimo: "Jokereille pitää löytyä hyvä suomalainen koti"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->