Joinable (Too Early Hosted) Five Team Expansion (15 teams available) - Now with the entry draft!

37 others

Apr 18, 2017

Expansion Lottery!
Now that the expansion teams are filled, let's announce the randomized draft order!
  1. Saskatoon Blazers
  2. Atlanta Thrasers
  3. Hartford Whalers
  4. Houston Aeros
  5. Seattle Metropolitans
The expansion picks post will be updated accordingly.

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
Flyers Trade Block

Simmonds
Gudas
MacDonald (Willing to compensate, retain salary)
Micheal Neuvirth
Petr Mrazek RFA rights

Seeking-
Draft picks
3C with a year or two left on deal

Roster

Giroux-Couturier-Konecny
Lindblom-Patrick- Voracek
Weal-Laughton-Simmonds
Raffl-Lehtera-Weise

Provorov-Ghost
MacDonald-Gudas
Hagg-Sanheim

Elliott
Neuvirth

Salary total- 61.01 million
Available cap - 18.99 million

Draft Picks
Round: 1- Phl, St Louis (top 10 prt)
2- Phl
3- Phl
5- Phl,Arz
6- Phl
7- Phl, Mont, NJ

UFA- Fillpula, Manning, Read, Oduya

RFA-Leier, Morin, Stolarz, Mrazek, Ghoulbourne

Resign-
Hagg- 2 years at 1.5 per
Lyon- 2 years at 1.25 per

Expansion Draft

Protect- Giroux, Voracek, Coots, Simmonds, Laughton,Weal, Raffl

Ghost, Gudas, OPEN

Neuvirth

Expose- Weise, Read, Lehtera ,Fillpula,
MacDonald, Manning, Oduya,

Elliott , Mrazek

Exempt- Patrick, Sanheim, Lindblom, Provorov, Konecny,Lyon, Stolarz, Hagg

Last edited:
Reactions: flyersdad

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
Edmonton please.

Open for business!

protected players eight players one goalie

Leon

Lucic NMC

McDavid

RNH

Sekera NMC

Klefbom

Larsson

Russell NMC

Talbot NMC

I am looking to move Strome and Nurse as I cant protect them. I am open to exploring a Leon trade as well.

Last edited:

johum7

Nov 8, 2017
Freddy
Expansion Draft

Protect- Giroux, Voracek, Coots, Simmonds, Laughton, Weal, Raffl

Ghost, Provorov, Gudas

Lyon

Expose- Weise, Read, Lehtera ,Fillpula

MacDonald, Manning, Oduya, Hagg

Neuvirth, Stolarz, Elliott , Mrazek

Exempt- Patrick, Sanheim, Lindblom, Konecny
Wouldn’t Provorov be exempt if Konecny is? They’ve been in the league the same amount of time

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
Amended

Both protected. Can always change if they don’t require protection

Last edited:

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
My gut says he wouldn't. He's on the final year(s) of his career, on a strong playoff team that he likes. Does that make sense? I'll let a few other people have their say (if they want) and just go with the majority opinion though.

As a die hard leafs fan/follower, Marleau just up ended his family from san jose he aint waiving UNLESS its back to the sharks.

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
Ok, so Philly and Edmonton have a deal contingent on two things , the deal is this

Edmonton trades Kris Russell and a 2018 2nd round pick
to

Philadelphia for for Andy MacDonald.

The things we are hung on is if Once Kris Russell becomes a Philadelphia Flyer, is his NMC clause nullified if so The flyers will pull out of the deal

And secondly if the group thinks Russell would waive for Philly if not Edmonton has to pull out of the deal.

Reactions: flyersdad

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Ok, so Philly and Edmonton have a deal contingent on two things , the deal is this

Edmonton trades Kris Russell and a 2018 2nd round pick
to

Philadelphia for for Andy MacDonald.

The things we are hung on is if Once Kris Russell becomes a Philadelphia Flyer, is his NMC clause nullified if so The flyers will pull out of the deal

And secondly if the group thinks Russell would waive for Philly if not Edmonton has to pull out of the deal.
Wait to announce trades until we are full

Reactions: nopurposeflour

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
If the NTC isn’t nullified Philly would decline the deal. If after trade the NTC is null and void Philly would do the deal. Just some clarification.

37 others

Apr 18, 2017
So it looks like NMCs and NTCs are void once a player is traded. That said, please refrain on announcing deals until the teams are full. This allows everyone a chance to negotiate with eachother and have equal access to all players. I'm not certain Russel would waive his NMC though. I feel like there's nothing to gain for Russel moving to Philly, since they aren't a cup contender on the level of Nashville or Tampa, if that makes sense.

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
So it looks like NMCs and NTCs are void once a player is traded. That said, please refrain on announcing deals until the teams are full. This allows everyone a chance to negotiate with eachother and have equal access to all players. I'm not certain Russel would waive his NMC though. I feel like there's nothing to gain for Russel moving to Philly, since they aren't a cup contender on the level of Nashville or Tampa, if that makes sense.

We were just looking for some rule clarification. I know in the NHL once a player waived the clause is nullified totally. No official announcement will be made until the commish says they are ready.

As far as him waiving. Philly is a young and upcoming team. In a few years the balance of power in the East will shift and the Flyers should be right in the mix for contention. The question is does he want to finish his contract on an up and comer in the East or remain on a question mark in the West.

Whatever is decided obviously will be followed. Just my 2 cents.

Good day All

37 others

Apr 18, 2017
I'm
We were just looking for some rule clarification. I know in the NHL once a player waived the clause is nullified totally. No official announcement will be made until the commish says they are ready.

As far as him waiving. Philly is a young and upcoming team. In a few years the balance of power in the East will shift and the Flyers should be right in the mix for contention. The question is does he want to finish his contract on an up and comer in the East or remain on a question mark in the West.

Whatever is decided obviously will be followed. Just my 2 cents.

Good day All

I'm going to say he won't. In my opinion, Edmonton is more of an up-and-comer than Philly is.

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
Philly is a contender now lol. Def closer than edmonton. Until Edmonton gets new management top to bottom Philly is def ahead imo.

Philly isn’t a contender until ...,

The goalie carousel ends finally
The bottom 6 improves
The young defense comes together

Making the playoffs on the last day and contending are two entirely different things. When we contend has yet to be determined. One would assume it starts in the next 2 or 3 years if things work it as Hextall has planned. All that aside I still think they are farther along to contention than the Oilers easily.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I'll take :sabres as my second team

Pominville(5.60)-Eichel(10.00)-Okposo(6.00)
Nylander(0.894)-O'Reilly(7.50)-Reinhart(3.00)
Bailey(1.00)-Mittelstadt(0.925)-Rodrigues(0.65)
Fasching(1.00)-Girgensons(1.60)-Larsson(1.475)
O'Regan(1.00)

Scandella(4.00)-Ristolainen(5.4)
McCabe(1.60)-Beaulieu(2.40)
Guhle(0.697)-Bogosian(5.142)
Antipin(0.925)

Lehner(3.00)
xxx

Resignings
Sam Reinhart-3 years at 3M per
Danny O'Regan-2 years at 1M per
Robin Lehner-3 years at 3M per
Hudson Fasching-3 years at 1M per
Justin Bailey-3 years at 1M per

Protected:
Ryan O'Reilly
Jack Eichel
Sam Reinhart
Jason Pominville
Hudson Fasching
Justin Bailey
OPEN

Rasmus Ristolainen
Marco Scandella
Jake McCabe

Lehner

Exempt:
Casey Mittelstadt
Alex Nylander
Brendan Guhle

Unprotected:
Kyle Okposo
Evan Rodrigues
Zemgus Girgensons
Johan Larsson
Danny O'Regan

Nathan Beaulieu
Zach Bogosian

Last edited:
Reactions: nopurposeflour

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
Philly isn’t a contender until ...,

The goalie carousel ends finally
The bottom 6 improves
The young defense comes together

Making the playoffs on the last day and contending are two entirely different things. When we contend has yet to be determined. One would assume it starts in the next 2 or 3 years if things work it as Hextall has planned. All that aside I still think they are farther along to contention than the Oilers easily.

Teams win from 8. Ive seen teams contend my whole life that just barely made the playoffs. When you have a 100 point center, a number 1 playing second line center and capable d. You're a contender in the NHL today

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad