NHL Entry Draft: Joinable 2 round mock draft (no trades)

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Nice pick. It's who I would've taken at 13, but I think with Nichushkin/Guryanov not working out so far the Star's might stay away from Russian forwards. Not that that's really a great reason, but I can definitely see it being a factor.
No question that Kotkaniemi was my guy. No way he should be out of the top 10.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
It would be a mistake imo. And Smith too, guy is a hidden gem.
I think this draft is a weird one. It’s got a lot of depth. Players that are top 10 guarantees Dahlin, Svechnikov, Zadina, Wahlstrom, Tkachuk, Dobson, Hughes, and Boqvist. The last 3 I could see being any of Bouchard, Smith, Kotkaniemi, Veleno, Farabee, Kravtsov.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I think this draft is a weird one. It’s got a lot of depth. Players that are top 10 guarantees Dahlin, Svechnikov, Zadina, Wahlstrom, Tkachuk, Dobson, Hughes, and Boqvist. The last 3 I could see being any of Bouchard, Smith, Kotkaniemi, Veleno, Farabee, Kravtsov.
Dahlin, Svechnikov, Wahlstrom, Hughes, Boqvist, Zadina, Dobson, Smith, Kotkaniemi and Bouchard is my top 10. Only tough call is choosing Boqvist or Hughes.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
Tomorrow morning 7:00 will be the official start time. We won't be enforcing the 4 hour time limit til then. The way we're moving along, we may not need to enforce it anyhow, good work guys!

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
You think they'd take a smallish blueliner that high? I'm thinkin Dobson if all the d are still available.
No, I really doubt they take one of Boqvist/Hughes. I think it's a mistake, but I don't think they would take them. We haven't had a 1st round pick under 6ft in quite some time. It's either going to be Dobson or Wahlstrom, and I got a feeling it's going to be Dobson. They have been scouting him a lot lately.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
No, I really doubt they take one of Boqvist/Hughes. I think it's a mistake, but I don't think they would take them. We haven't had a 1st round pick under 6ft in quite some time. It's either going to be Dobson or Wahlstrom, and I got a feeling it's going to be Dobson. They have been scouting him a lot lately.

Interesting take. I really don't think they could go wrong with Dobson, many (most?) consider him to be the most complete defender in the draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad