Johnsson or Kapanen your choice

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
They'll both be here. They play cheap. For now. You have to pay the big three. Babs may luv gud pro's but the salary cap comes first.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
AJ has lots of pro experience. He came for the shl (4 years) to the ahl (2+ years)
He's not a newbie to the pro game. Haha his defensive game is on point

That isn't the same as carrying Those other two in an NHL playoff series Salt

Johnsson is a good kid but he doesn't need that kind of pressure put on him

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Tell Plekanec to take a hike bc hes terrible and put Komarov as our fourth line center.

Hyman Matthews Nylander
Marleau Kadri Marner
JVR Bozak Brown
Johnsson Komarov Kapanen

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
That isn't the same as carrying Those other two in an NHL playoff series Salt

Johnsson is a good kid but he doesn't need that kind of pressure put on him
BT that's my point: AJ has more pro hockey experience than brown. I don't think he would shrink under the pressure

Edit to add to my point AJ has 30+ playoff games in the shl including winning a championship with frölunda

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Would prefer to keep both in the lineup and leave Komarov out, especially if Komarov is being rushed back a bit

Kapanen's speed has been an x factor that Johnsson doesn't have so I'd keep him first.....really looking forward to seeing Kapanen play with dangerous linemates to see if he can steal some Grabner breakaways

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Would prefer to keep both in the lineup and leave Komarov out, especially if Komarov is being rushed back a bit

Kapanen's speed has been an x factor that Johnsson doesn't have so I'd keep him first.....really looking forward to seeing Kapanen play with dangerous linemates to see if he can steal some Grabner breakaways
And convert on them :nod:

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
I've been madly in love with Kapanen ever since his goal against the Penguins last season that allowed us to clinch along with his goals against the Capitals in the playoffs, he needs to be a regular full timer moving forward.

Reactions: saltming

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
bingo...Grabner's better than we saw when he was here on converting, but Kapanen's a much better finisher. Excited to see what he can do if he ends up on a line with let's say.....Matthews & Nylander
Or with Dermott Gardiner or later Liljegren tossing some stretch passes on to his stick
This team a going to get better! :yo:

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Or with Dermott Gardiner or later Liljegren tossing some stretch passes on to his stick
This team a going to get better! :yo:
I'd just love to see a defense have to respect all 3 players in the offensive zone, and imagine all the clean zone entries from Nylander when Kapanen streaks down the left wing to stretch the defense rather than letting them zone up against the puck carrier

could definitely see Kapanen out-producing his skillset just from odd man rushes & breakaways

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
BT that's my point: AJ has more pro hockey experience than brown. I don't think he would shrink under the pressure

Edit to add to my point AJ has 30+ playoff games in the shl including winning a championship with frölunda

The SHL isn't the NHL Salt, Brown has proven he's a top 9 forward at this level and the Bozak lines numbers are almost the same with Brown subbing in for Marner, that's bloody impressive

If the Bozak line was sucking I'd agree with you but it's not so I don't understand why we'd mess with it

I don't love Hyman on the Matthew's line but it works so I wouldn't mess with that either

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
When Leo returns he should get acquainted with how to use the elevator that takes him up to the press box where he should be at this point in time. Johnsson and Kapanen have both played so well that they deserve to keep playing. Hate to see that happen because I've been a huge Leo fan over these past years, but he's declined greatly and the fact he has almost zero scoring ability after 19 goals two years ago, means he doesn't bring much to the table right now.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Pretending like Komarov doesn't have a very prominant role to play in the playoffs because of his production is laughable. Scoring is far lower, the checking is tighter, board battles are more intense. Basically, a game tailor-made for Komarov's strengths. We need his jam, his cycle play, and his ability to get in opposing players' heads.

AJ can wait his turn, like Kapanen and Brown before him. You go to battle with your guys. Plain amd simple.

Last edited:
Reactions: BTP

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Pretending like Komarov doesn't have a very prominant role to play in the playoffs because of his production is laughable. Scoring is far lower, the checking is tighter, board battles are more intense. Basically, a game tailor-made for Komarov's strengths. We need his jam, his cycle play, and his ability to get in opposing players' heads.

AJ can wait his turn, like Kapanen amd Brown before him. You go to battle with your guys. Plain amd simple.
you have to explain the actual tangible benefits of what Komarov does. It doesn't translate to offense, it doesn't translate to possession, it doesn't translate to drawing penalties, and it doesn't translate to stopping the opposition from scoring. what good does it actually lead to?

Last year in the playoffs he was either the worst or among the worst in all those categories. Same with this regular season

Last edited:
Reactions: StatsNightHeroes

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
The SHL isn't the NHL Salt, Brown has proven he's a top 9 forward at this level and the Bozak lines numbers are almost the same with Brown subbing in for Marner, that's bloody impressive

If the Bozak line was sucking I'd agree with you but it's not so I don't understand why we'd mess with it

I don't love Hyman on the Matthew's line but it works so I wouldn't mess with that either
Obviously the leagues are different but your making Johnsson sound like a kid fresh out of the OHL whereas he has tons of pro experience
Like I said I will try to watch brown a bit closer and see but from recall he's not doing much out there except being good in out end

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Kapanen.

He's earned it and has NHL playoff experience. Johnsson will get his reward next season with a permanent spot on the team.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
kapanen has made the team, leo has an important role on team, aj looks like hes on the team next year, he shows good speed and some decent offensive skills, i already like him more than sosh and leivo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad