Recalled/Assigned: Johnsson and Rosen

bonjovi0308

Jan 26, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
I agree, trading away 2nd round picks for 4th line C year after year for 20+ games is not smart IMO. Its not like these guys will put us over the top.

As the price is the same (a 2nd), I would rather want Luke from the Wings because at least he is signed for a few years and is supposed to solve our 4C problem....

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Can anyone please update me the contract status of Borgman, Rosen and Aalt? I think they all have player options at the end of this season? Thanks!

Borgman and Rosen have another year. Aaltonen is an RFA who will certainly be tendered and brought back.

All three are waiver exempt next year and figure to be top players for the Marlies again, but should be the priority call ups for LD (Borgman), RD (Rosen) and any forward positions (Aaltonen).

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
As the price is the same (a 2nd), I would rather want Luke from the Wings because at least he is signed for a few years and is supposed to solve our 4C problem....
that would be great, but Luke is a truly mediocre (garbage?) player. Might as well sign Moore for another 1 year at cheaper price.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Borgman and Rosen have another year. Aaltonen is an RFA who will certainly be tendered and brought back.

All three are waiver exempt next year and figure to be top players for the Marlies again, but should be the priority call ups for LD (Borgman), RD (Rosen) and any forward positions (Aaltonen).
I doubt Aaltonen re-signs to play in the minors.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Hopefully the AHL has cleaned up his game a bit

Not that this has anything to do with his game but I read an article on him the other day, at one point the had something like 125 shots and only one goal but the coach said he is his most consistent D man.

Reactions: uncleben85

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Holl is a RHD, they need a LHD.

I’m more curious about Rosen being called up before Borgman
From what I've seen he's been better since Borgman was sent down.
But, it seems more like they just wanna get a look at CR in case they need to call him up in the playoffs.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Smart move by the Leafs here.

We know what we have in Leivo and Martin. We are solidly entrenched in the playoffs. Lots call up our solid Marlie players and see what we have in case we need them in the playoffs, while recognizing their stellar play in the AHL.

I love our smart management and development team. They are really doing things right.

Reactions: AppsSyl

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Smart move by the Leafs here.

We know what we have in Leivo and Martin. We are solidly entrenched in the playoffs. Lots call up our solid Marlie players and see what we have in case we need them in the playoffs, while recognizing their stellar play in the AHL.

I love our smart management and development team. They are really doing things right.

This is a management group that just gets it. I am so impressed on how they are developing young players
I have complete faith in them in that regards

I don't mind seeing Brown take few nights off and give someone else some opportunities

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Can't wait to see what he brings to the table. Seems like it's something our team is lacking: physicality.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Not that this has anything to do with his game but I read an article on him the other day, at one point the had something like 125 shots and only one goal but the coach said he is his most consistent D man.

Wow thats just unlucky. Do you know what kind of minutes hes been playing down in the AHL? His stat-line looks pretty impressive for his first year in north america

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
I am not a very big fan of Rosen from what I have seen of him but like an earlier poster said, Keefe seems to value him quite jiggle.

Edit: that was supposed to say "highly" :ha:

Last edited:

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
Whenever I think of Andreas Johnsson, this gif is the first thing that comes to mind. Had me buzzing a few years back, waiting for him to come across the pond.

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
I am not a very big fan of Rosen from what I have seen of him but like an earlier poster said, Keefe seems to value him quite jiggle.
There is a lot to like about Rosen's game, he just makes poor decisions with the puck at times. He really does play like a poor man's Gardiner at this stage.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Johnsson isn't going back to the AHL this season. He is last seasons Kapanen for our playoff run. He will seize the moment and solidify his spot in the lineup heading into the playoffs. I really like a 4th line of Johnsson-Plekanec-Komarov for the playoffs. Hard nosed line with grit, speed and scoring ability. Lines for playoffs should be:

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
JVR-Bozak-Kapanen
Marleau-Kadri-Marner
Johnsson-Plekanec-Komarov

Problem is there is no spot for Brown and I like him too. What happens if Johnsson produces....who is the odd man out????

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Johnsson isn't going back to the AHL this season. He is last seasons Kapanen for our playoff run. He will seize the moment and solidify his spot in the lineup heading into the playoffs. I really like a 4th line of Johnsson-Plekanec-Komarov for the playoffs. Hard nosed line with grit, speed and scoring ability. Lines for playoffs should be:

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
JVR-Bozak-Kapanen
Marleau-Kadri-Marner

Problem is there is no spot for Brown and I like him too. What happens if Johnsson produces....who is the odd man out????
brown ain't getting usurped and johnson has to prove himself. it'll most likely be this line up with komarov and brown on the 4th line with plek and johsnon sent down/healthy scratch

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
JVR-Bozak-Kapanen
Marleau-Kadri-Marner

(Johnsson’s) had a good year. We haven’t had a lot of opportunity to give him a chance.” Leafs head coach Mike Babcock said on Tuesday. “We’re going to have to sit someone else to do it, but we have an opportunity with three games here this week to have a look at him and therefore if we have a need for him at playoff time, we have an understanding of what he can do.”

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Mike...n-gets-emergency-recall-Dermott-ill/120/91640

He won't replace anyone, just an option
I don't agree with the "We haven't had a lot of opportunity....." bit though

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Excited for Johnsson tonight, but man I feel so sorry for Leivo - overlooked, yet again.

I'm not sure, if I was in Leivo's shoes, whether I'd be salty or sad.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->