AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
If AJ proves he should stick..

Hyman --- Matthews --- Nylander
Marleau --- Kadri --- Marner
JVR --- Bozak --- Brown
Johnsson --- Plekanec --- Kapanen

Pretty please!
This would be a dream, but I could see Bozak or Plekanec sitting and Willy sliding to C before Komarov would ever come out of the line up. I hope Johnsson plays well and Babcock has to make the tough decision.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
well he's still not as good as Borgman. I guess we'll see what he can do though

No but if you look at where Rosen was early in the season his improvement has been pretty spectacular

It's a tribute to how good our coaching and development at the AHL level really is because he was God awful early on

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
No but if you look at where Rosen was early in the season his improvement has been pretty spectacular

It's a tribute to how good our coaching and development at the AHL level really is because he was God awful early on
good point. we have an incredible developmental system. Look at the difference makers Kapanen and Dermott have been for us. Brown and Willy last year

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
good point. we have an incredible developmental system. Look at the difference makers Kapanen and Dermott have been for us. Brown and Willy last year

Just doing a decent job developing the talent you've already got can change the direction of an entire organisation instead of not bothering like we used to do

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Just doing a decent job developing the talent you've already got can change the direction of an entire organisation instead of not bothering like we used to do
yeah drafting and developing is so important. I'm glad we're not only taking it seriously, but thriving in that area since Shanahan took over. It's looking good for Toronto in the future

Reactions: Kiwi leafs fan

Gorbo

Sep 3, 2009
Isn't this awesome? Experimental callups because playoffs are guaranteed instead of already being eliminated

Reactions: Rogie

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Apparently Dermot and Rosen both have the flu. I'm a bit surprised Borgman wasn't recalled, but Rosen has to show he's NHL good.
Nice intro to the NHL for Johnson. Leafs are planning on him being a Leaf next year.

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan
Apparently Dermot and Rosen both have the flu. I'm a bit surprised Borgman wasn't recalled, but Rosen has to show he's NHL good.
Nice intro to the NHL for Johnson. Leafs are planning on him being a Leaf next year.
the last Marlies game i seen live, Rosen was the best player on the ice by a mile, including Borgman. Lily or Bracco did not play sadly.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Is he waiver eligible next year, I remember think he is which plays into giving him some time right now.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Aaltonen can play C can he not or we could slide Leo to C on the 4th line . we had many options and it didn't look like we ecplored them all before we traded another 2nd for a 4th line C rental.
Aaltonen was hurt at the time I thought. If I'm mistaken then I agree with you. Komarov is too bad to keep up with play on the wing at this point. I definitely don't want to see him at C

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Marleau Kadri Marner
Johnsson Nylander Hyman
JVR Bozak Brown
Komarov Plekanec Kapanen

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Aaltonen was hurt at the time I thought. If I'm mistaken then I agree with you. Komarov is too bad to keep up with play on the wing at this point. I definitely don't want to see him at C
Defensively Komo is still very good and we had months to try Aaltonen out with the Leafs.

I don't have a problem giving up picks to fill a need but I don't see Pleks as much of an upgrade on Moore and I didn't see upgrading our 4th line C as a huge need.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I'll be at the game tomorrow night, my only chance really with prior commitments and my work schedule so i'll try to give you guys anything I notice live at the game when I come back. I was hoping i'd see Matthews live but no dice.

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan
Aaltonen can play C can he not or we could slide Leo to C on the 4th line . we had many options and it didn't look like we ecplored them all before we traded another 2nd for a 4th line C rental.
I agree, trading away 2nd round picks for 4th line C year after year for 20+ games is not smart IMO. Its not like these guys will put us over the top.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I agree, trading away 2nd round picks for 4th line C year after year for 20+ games is not smart IMO. Its not like these guys will put us over the top.

Plekanec especially, I get that he's solid and reliable but if I'm moving a high pick for a 4th liner, he better have one elite-level aspect to his game. Having guys like Grabner/Kapanen on the 4th line is a line matching nightmare, I get that move. Having a giant like Boyle out there even, I get that. Even a Clutterbuck type to spark the team with a hit in his limited minutes could make sense. Plekanec doesn't bring anything to the table that's going to dominate the other team's 4th line in a hurry, and he's only going to get ~10 mins a night when it matters so the reliability he brings isn't as useful as when he was playing #2/3C minutes for MTL.

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
I'm hoping for clarification on 2 points.

1) Do you burn a game if you're on the 23 man roster but scratched? I don't think so.

2) I heard SN mention that we have used 3 of our 4 AHL callups from now thru the playoffs. Can someone explain what his means? How does this effect players who have previously been with the big club this year ( Goat, Borgy, Holl, Pickard, etc).
thats a great question I can't find any mention of whether sitting in the press box has any effect .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad