Recalled/Assigned: Johnsson and Rosen

leburn98

Jan 28, 2013

lBYwEDm.gif

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
Any 3 of Leivo, Kapanen, Johnsson, and Plekanec on the 4th line move us from around the weakest 4th line in the NHL to start the season, to one of the strongest to end the season.

I like it a lot. The biggest criticism I've had about this team this year is playing below replacement level players over above replacement level players waiting in the system.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Rosen's an emergency recall just as I believe Holl was when he was called up? He could get into a game, but he'd have to be returned to the Marlies when Dermott is ready. Think that's why it's him over Borgman. Johnsson could stay here for a decent stretch though.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Wow its happening. Can't think of a Marlie grad that is more deserving in recent times than Johnsson.

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Both Borgman and Holl are healthy. They played yesterday for the Marlies. I think Borgman is just starting to really find his groove and gain lots of confidence. I think they keep him down there the remainder of the season.
Borgman played the next game after the head shot , it's probably got a lot more to do with the fact he is running out of waiver exemption status games , best guess is he only has 22 left after playing 48 and being he's 22 yrs old and played his first NHL game this season . They will need him in the playoffs so if they bring him up now he could burn his remaining games but if they wait until the playoffs he isn't likely to burn 22 games unless we go to the cup final then who cares if he uses them up .

54thecup

keep on rockin the free world!
Aug 3, 2017
Muskoka
Borgman played the next game after the head shot , it's probably got a lot more to do with the fact he is running out of waiver exemption status games , best guess is he only has 22 left after playing 48 and being he's 22 yrs old and played his first NHL game this season . They will need him in the playoffs so if they bring him up now he could burn his remaining games but if they wait until the playoffs he isn't likely to burn 22 games unless we go to the cup final then who cares if he uses them up .

I'm hoping for clarification on 2 points.

1) Do you burn a game if you're on the 23 man roster but scratched? I don't think so.

2) I heard SN mention that we have used 3 of our 4 AHL callups from now thru the playoffs. Can someone explain what his means? How does this effect players who have previously been with the big club this year ( Goat, Borgy, Holl, Pickard, etc).

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
I'm hoping for clarification on 2 points.

1) Do you burn a game if you're on the 23 man roster but scratched? I don't think so.

2) I heard SN mention that we have used 3 of our 4 AHL callups from now thru the playoffs. Can someone explain what his means? How does this effect players who have previously been with the big club this year ( Goat, Borgy, Holl, Pickard, etc).

1) What do you mean 'burn a game'?

2) We only have 4 call-ups after the TDL. We used them on Dermott, Kapanen and now Johnsson. Reason why we used them on Dermott and Kapanen was so that they could get sent back down to the Marlies for the playoff run. It doesn't really effect Goat, Borgy, Holl, Pickard, Sparks, etc... We have the luxery of callone up one more Marlies whenever we want... but still have the ability to call players up if its an injury related reason (IE: Rosen).

54thecup

keep on rockin the free world!
Aug 3, 2017
Muskoka
1) What do you mean 'burn a game'?

2) We only have 4 call-ups after the TDL. We used them on Dermott, Kapanen and now Johnsson. Reason why we used them on Dermott and Kapanen was so that they could get sent back down to the Marlies for the playoff run. It doesn't really effect Goat, Borgy, Holl, Pickard, Sparks, etc... We have the luxery of callone up one more Marlies whenever we want... but still have the ability to call players up if its an injury related reason (IE: Rosen).

I meant burn a game off off waiver exempt status as per cannucky.

I would think Borgy is a strong option given what I've seen of his game of late.He has taken over Dermy's role on the Marlies and is providing great leadership there IMO. I would have recalled him vs. Rosen if burning waivers dayz wasnt an issue.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
I am really curious to see what happens if Johnsson has a really good showing in these couple of games and shows he should stay in the line up. With playoffs coming, it is hard to justify not icing your best line up.
With Kapanen playing the way he is, there is no way he should come out.
Who would it be when Matthews is healthy?
Willy playing well at C makes for some interesting options.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I am really curious to see what happens if Johnsson has a really good showing in these couple of games and shows he should stay in the line up. With playoffs coming, it is hard to justify not icing your best line up.
With Kapanen playing the way he is, there is no way he should come out.
Who would it be when Matthews is healthy?
Willy playing well at C makes for some interesting options.

Well it was close to this time last year that Kappy was recalled and made the playoff roster ... Perhaps if AJ plays well it'll be the same case.

Reactions: Cotton

BigWilly

May 6, 2012
Ontario
If AJ proves he should stick..

Hyman --- Matthews --- Nylander
Marleau --- Kadri --- Marner
JVR --- Bozak --- Brown
Johnsson --- Plekanec --- Kapanen

Pretty please!

Reactions: Cor

Ad