Injury Report: Johnson Out 6-8 weeks (broken Fibula)

Status
Not open for further replies.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Deserved IMO.

Any idiot who knows a shot is coming by looking at it and purposely turns his skate to the side instead of taking it directly centre with the skate protector/shin pad is asking for trouble.

Honestly, get well soon EJ, but this wasn't a fluke injury.

I think you're going a little far with this one lol

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
Deserved IMO.

Any idiot who knows a shot is coming by looking at it and purposely turns his skate to the side instead of taking it directly centre with the skate protector/shin pad is asking for trouble.

Honestly, get well soon EJ, but this wasn't a fluke injury.

yeah dude the guy who's played hockey his entire life def knows less about blocking shots than you

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I love you SEPH, I really do... If I had that knowledge I would have said the same ****. I only played hockey until my junior year of HS, and it was just a local thing in the middle of no where Eastern Washington.

Another instance of stupidity costing this team.

You can't really appreciate people who tell it like it is enough, this isn't even remotely being an *******. Maybe insensitive, but life isn't exactly a sensitive affair.

I don't agree. I think SEPH is a great poster, but I think blaming a player who has played 20+ years of hockey probably, at a far higher, far more itense, hard, and fast level than SEPH ever has, and saying he "deserved" a broken leg because he instinctively reacted to an incoming shot and blocked it is pretty damn low and pathetic. There's nothing laudable about it,so I'm pretty disgusted with your post too.

[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I love you SEPH, I really do... If I had that knowledge I would have said the same ****. I only played hockey until my junior year of HS, and it was just a local thing in the middle of no where Eastern Washington.

Another instance of stupidity costing this team.

You can't really appreciate people who tell it like it is enough, this isn't even remotely being an *******. Maybe insensitive, but life isn't exactly a sensitive affair.

Would you say the same thing about Foote or Drury if they were to get injured when they blocked shots? Both did it in a way that was much much more dangerous and (stupid) way than what EJ did.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I don't agree. I think SEPH is a great poster, but I think blaming a player who has played 20+ years of hockey probably, at a far higher, far more itense, hard, and fast level than SEPH ever has, and saying he "deserved" a broken leg because he instinctively reacted to an incoming shot and blocked it is pretty damn low and pathetic. There's nothing laudable about it,so I'm pretty disgusted with your post too.

[MOD]

You are welcome to be disgusted with reality, it's often a disgusting thing. People are raising their kids with this mentality of not being accountable, so you're in the majority, good for you, sad for humanity.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Would you say the same thing about Foote or Drury if they were to get injured when they blocked shots? Both did it in a way that was much much more dangerous and (stupid) way than what EJ did.

Yes I would, and I did on the Avs main forum at the time, depending on the situation. I enjoy living in a world where you face judgement and consequences for your own decisions. Regardless of how harsh that may seem.

I definitely understand what SEPH is pointing out. Even going back and looking at it, it makes perfect sense.

I also didn't get the sense SEPH was saying EJ deserved to be injured, but more that he played the situation in a stupid way, especially for someone as experienced as he is.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Players often turn sideways when blocking shots. It's extreme bad luck to get a broken fibula. The chance of getting injured is the cost you have to pay if you want your players to get into shooting lanes. Players often go down on one knee sideways to be a bigger block target and it's rare they get injured.

I think turning sideways is also a bit of a reflex to protect important things like face and groin.

Scared-Soccer-Wall.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad