Johnson or Kindl: who will go higher in the next draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Who will go higher in the next draft? And how high will they go? I know Kindl was rated to go #3 before the season and i've seen him play about 5 or 6 times and he's been horrible on each occasion. If I didn't hear about him going so high I would think he would never be drafted. I know his stock has dropped considerably since the beginning of the season and now he's projected to go somewhere around 10-20 (is that correct?). From reading the boards Johnson's stock is going up very quickly, but i've never seen him play, so can you tell me where they should or will go in the draft and who is better? I'm guessing Johnson is better and will go top 5 and maybe 3rd after Crosby and Brule.

leafaholix*

Jakub Kindl will fall out of the first round.

Johnson will go top 5.

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
Johnson will go top 5 for sure, I havn't seen him play but from what I heard he's a lock to go top 5!!! Kindl I have seen and he hasn't stood out as much I expected to him but I think he is still getting used to Canada, so let him finish the year we'll see how he progresses!!! :D

Prucha73

Is Kindl supposed to be good offensively or what are his main attributes?

West

Mar 7, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Prucha73 said:
Is Kindl supposed to be good offensively or what are his main attributes?

From what I can tell he's supposed to be smart positional player who's good at moving the puck.

He's had a few good games recently and may have a strong second half (he'll need it to stay in the first round).

theo6060

Feb 7, 2003
Visit site
Leafaholix said:
Jakub Kindl will fall out of the first round.
Have you ever seen Jakub Kindl play? That has to be one of the worse statements I've ever read. The guy has such talent and potential, I would take him in the top 10. He's got the tools to be a #1 defenseman someday.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
theo6060 said:
Have you ever seen Jakub Kindl play? That has to be one of the worse statements I've ever read. The guy has such talent and potential, I would take him in the top 10. He's got the tools to be a #1 defenseman someday.

I have seen him play live about 5 times and i'd say he looks more like he could fall out of the top rd then become top 10. If I had never heard of him, i'd project him to not even get drafted.

theo6060

Feb 7, 2003
Visit site
trahans99 said:
I have seen him play live about 5 times and i'd say he looks more like he could fall out of the top rd then become top 10. If I had never heard of him, i'd project him to not even get drafted.
If he falls out of the first round, it'll be the biggest steal an NHL team has ever gotten in the draft. I've never seen Johnson, but as far as I'm concerned Kindl is easily the top OHL eligible defenseman.

Prucha73

theo6060 said:
If he falls out of the first round, it'll be the biggest steal an NHL team has ever gotten in the draft. I've never seen Johnson, but as far as I'm concerned Kindl is easily the top OHL eligible defenseman.

What makes him so great?

theo6060

Feb 7, 2003
Visit site
Prucha73 said:
What makes him so great?
Watch him play one time.. The guy's a genius with the puck and has a highly underrated offensive game. His defensive positioning is awesome. He's good physically. Doesn't get beat one-on-one. And at 6'3", he's the complete package. What else do you want from a defenseman?

Prucha73

theo6060 said:
Watch him play one time.. The guy's a genius with the puck and has a highly underrated offensive game. His defensive positioning is awesome. He's good physically. Doesn't get beat one-on-one. And at 6'3", he's the complete package. What else do you want from a defenseman?

sounds good, but will it be good enough for the top 10 or top 20? Many really good defensemen didn't get pick as high as expected: Tyutin, Mike Green, Meszaros, Fransson, etc.

theo6060

Feb 7, 2003
Visit site
Prucha73 said:
sounds good, but will it be good enough for the top 10 or top 20? Many really good defensemen didn't get pick as high as expected: Tyutin, Mike Green, Meszaros, Fransson, etc.
Good point. But to say Kindl would fall out of the first round is absolutely ridiculous. It would have to be one hell of a draft for Kindl not to be a first rounder. But Meszaros especially is a good point, last year I thought he'd go higher for sure. But I don't expect Kindl to free-fall. I still believe he'd be a steal if he went 20.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
theo6060 said:
He's an amazing skater, and has great vision on the ice to boot. His first pass is generally excellent (a few lapses early in the year).

Hab Fan

Nov 2, 2004
trahans99 said:
Who will go higher in the next draft? And how high will they go? I know Kindl was rated to go #3 before the season and i've seen him play about 5 or 6 times and he's been horrible on each occasion. If I didn't hear about him going so high I would think he would never be drafted. I know his stock has dropped considerably since the beginning of the season and now he's projected to go somewhere around 10-20 (is that correct?). From reading the boards Johnson's stock is going up very quickly, but i've never seen him play, so can you tell me where they should or will go in the draft and who is better? I'm guessing Johnson is better and will go top 5 and maybe 3rd after Crosby and Brule.
johnson definately!. He is so complete, can do it all and is a total character kid besides. No comparison.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
theo6060 said:

Biggest steal out of first round :lol: :lol:

What about Brad Richards in 3rd round.... I know theres many others but can't think off the top of my head...can anyone tell me some other great steals after 1st round.

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
trahans99 said:

What about Brad Richards in 3rd round.... I know theres many others but can't think off the top of my head...can anyone tell me some other great steals after 1st round.
Ohh, let's see... Pavel Bure, I believe 6th round, Luc Robitaille, 9th round, Kim Johnsson 9th round as well, Zdeno Chara, 3rd round, Niklas Lidstrom, 2nd round...

And many, many more. To say he's gonna be the biggest steal out of the 1st round EVER is ridiculous. He's got 7 points in 21 games, and was hyped as a possible top 5 pick before the draft. He might be turning it around a bit, but at this point, he hasn't proven enough and will probably drop out of the top 10.

theo6060

Feb 7, 2003
Visit site
trahans99 said:

Ok, maybe not the biggest ever, but definitely out of this year's draft class. I'm not sure what would make you think he would slip out of the 1st round, but what I saw from him makes me think very highly of his potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->