Johnson or Johnson ?

dantan

Sep 8, 2004
Erik or Jack...who do u think will get more points in 2-3 years ?

I like the Canes with their Staal, Ladd, Hutchinson,... but is there any place for Jack on the Powerplay ?

I don't like the offense of the blues ...but with a lot of #1 pick..maybe...

espo*

Me too.You just can't go wrong with picking johnson in this one.Big time talent in that kid.

Transported Upstater

I don't know about points.

Right now, I think Jack is the better player, and that Erik has more upside.

xander

Nov 4, 2003
Section A Lynah Rink
Visit site
TransportedUpstater said:
I don't know about points.

Right now, I think Jack is the better player, and that Erik has more upside.

funny, I would actually flip that around. Jack has more flash and dazzle, and I think he has to potential to be a dynamic force in any game. But he also has some problems knowing when to make the big hit, when to pinch and when to step back and take care of his zone. He made some eye poping plays last year, but he also drove alot of UM fans nuts.

Erik, imo, is actually a bit more polished. He's less likely to make that big hit or spectacular play (though he has the ability to do those things), but he's also a bit less likely to get caught out of position.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
If Kessel stays.

EJ will have Kessel, Okposo, Stoa and Wheeler.

JJ will have Hensick, Porter, Cogliano and Lewis.

To name a few. Both teams should be even. But like in many years. MI will be ranked number 1. They will come to Mariucci and loose that ranking.

Gopher_Nut

Dec 8, 2005
If Kessel stays.

To name a few. Both teams should be even. But like in many years. MI will be ranked number 1. They will come to Mariucci and loose that ranking.

Should be a nice looking team at the UM: EJ, Kessel, Okposo, Wheeler, etc..

Per old man Sid's column today:

Kessel returning

Gophers assistant hockey coach Mike Guentzel said he was told this week by Phil Kessel that the highly touted Gophers freshman will not sign with the Bruins after being drafted in the first round, but will return to Minnesota for his sophomore year.

Those close to the Kessel family had been convinced the Madison, Wis., native would wind up turning pro, but apparently the Bruins would like to see him play another year of college hockey.

"I don't think any freshman hockey player we have had in recent years had the pressure that Kessel had this past season," Guentzel said. "He is an outstanding hockey player."

:yo: :yo: :bow: :bow:

Transported Upstater

If Kessel stays.

Yes, because THAT'S relevant to the discussion...:shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->