Johnny Gaudreau

Aug 3, 2010
...Not totally related, but I also did this once:

(before the Skittles one)

YFmzOpi.jpg

Mainly because I wondered what it looked like if Johnny was a bigger player.

I do use my Photoshop skills for more than recreational purposes, but when I get bored, watch out. :laugh:

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
It kind of came out of nowhere but gaudreau has sure improved a lot defensively. He's back checking really strong and clearing the puck out well along the sideboards

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Personally, I liked Gaudreau's defence before it was cool. Even in his one game at the end of last season, a lot of his best plays were stick-lifts.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
This was posted by FLAMES666 in the Boston GDT, I think he said it really well.

Posted By FLAMES666
A lot of people seem to be down on Gaudreau a bit lately but I completely disagree with it. Gaudreau has not been putting up as many points, but there are a few things I have loved about his game that he has improved on from earlier in the year. He is definitely getting more physically involved and battling harder in corners. Also his defensive game has improved, I notice him in the defensive zone much more, making good back checks, and minimizing giveaways we saw earlier in the year. Earlier in the year his size would be noticeable as he would pick and choose his battle but now it seems like he is playing bigger now. This is good as the offense will come back eventually.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
I think his defensive game is great. He's always one of the hardest skaters to get back on a play and he's up there in league rankings for takeaways. He's a great fore checker because he's smart and anticipates the pass and shifty enough to change directions quickly for the pass.

His eye hand is incredible too so he's been able to receive passes in the air, but also intercept saucer passes too.

If he continues to put on a bit of weight, no reason why he can't be as physical as a guy like Hudler

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
(one good thing about CalgaryPuck), is that they have dedicated posters such as AC who puts a lot of work into what they're good at.

Posting this for those that don't venture onto CP.

With so many Gaudreau highlights, AC is going to have to make a part 2.

Part 1 consists of the Penticton Tournament, Preseason and the first 41 games of the season. Definitely worth the 20 minutes.

Nov 28, 2003
Calgary
(one good thing about CalgaryPuck), is that they have dedicated posters such as AC who puts a lot of work into what they're good at.

Posting this for those that don't venture onto CP.

With so many Gaudreau highlights, AC is going to have to make a part 2.

Part 1 consists of the Penticton Tournament, Preseason and the first 41 games of the season. Definitely worth the 20 minutes.
Here's part 2 ;)

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

^ Gaudreau had a nice backhand in a charity game tonight against BU. Nice feed from Arnold, too.
fixed

was that Brian Leetch on the ice with Gaudreau, Hayes & Arnold? He even has his Rangers shorts on and #2, he is also a BC alumni

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->