John Tortorella's Playbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
The Leading One has come on my lines although he did it this time two hours earlier for he truly is the Leading One.

"My undownable conclusion is that Finland has to continue on the way of Meidän Peli. This goes also with USA. They have to realize that nuance difference, in modern hockey you do not any more do with former NHL's Vertical Ice Hockey a la really tired John Tortorella: but with Todd McLellan's (Detroit-originated) more modern playbook you can thrive."

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
The Leading One has come on my lines although he did it this time two hours earlier for he truly is the Leading One.
Y'know, I've seen a lot of odd quasi-messianic approaches and arguments as to How To Make This Team Better here on these boards over the years, but I've got to say, this Holy Holy Holy Is The Lending One bit is by far the most bizarre.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Y'know, I've seen a lot of odd quasi-messianic approaches and arguments as to How To Make This Team Better here on these boards over the years, but I've got to say, this Holy Holy Holy Is The Lending One bit is by far the most bizarre.

I sometimes wonder whether Tulip is a former poster (Mathew?) just trolling us all for giggles.

drspiegel

Apr 16, 2014
Helsinki, Finland.
"The Leading One" is a finnish junior hockey coach/columnist Petteri Sihvonen. He's notorious for making exaggarated claims and provocations to draw attention to himself. In the past he's been sued for writing made-up news, and he's largely absent from mainstream media after having lost credibility.

About ten years ago he coined the title "Leading Analyst" for himself, and started making videos and articles about hockey tactics. His big thing was trap defense, controlled zone exits as five-man units and overall puck possession philosophy. It's kind of a shame that here's a guy in the media who's interested in the tactical side of hockey and wants to talk about that, but keeps constantly embarrasing himself with extreme and polemic opinions. It's just difficult for anyone to have a dialogue with him because he's comments get so ridiculous or Trump-esque, if you will.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I sometimes wonder whether Tulip is a former poster (Mathew?) just trolling us all for giggles.

I'm fairly certain this is exactly what's going on, otherwise it's just pure insanity that can't be explained away by language barrier.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
"The Leading One" is a finnish junior hockey coach/columnist Petteri Sihvonen. He's notorious for making exaggarated claims and provocations to draw attention to himself. In the past he's been sued for writing made-up news, and he's largely absent from mainstream media after having lost credibility.

He has played and coached on every level in Finnish ice hockey period, from the youngest geezers to pro SM-liiga game with Pelicans of Lahti. I think that is enough for any analyst given that he also has university education. Leading One is absent from the main stream media because Finnish Ice Hockey Federation gave their order of might to Finnish public broadcasting company YLE to get him off the air because the new and unseen critique and debate in the studio, in front of millions of spectators was too much for the established culture in Finnish ice hockey which naturally guards what they have won over.

Leading One has never been convicted for his writings as on the second court level those charges were ruled down by court of appeal. The only criminal charge he has is likely the one time Leading One was caught driving a scooter drunk in the summer night of Hämeenlinna.

Last edited:

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
What in the world...?

o7x1oEZ.gif

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
The Leading One has once again challenged Jarmo Kekäläinen.

Are you @jkekalainen worried: USA led by Tortorella played slow 'half-quick' def-def-up as the only team in the World Cup?

Strange was that Tortorella's sport analysis led to that playing slow playspeed def-def-up would pay off.

Ambitious high-reaching NHL organization shouldn't guard themselves with the forsaken def-def-upwards template.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
The Leading One has once again challenged Jarmo Kekäläinen.

Are you @jkekalainen worried: USA led by Tortorella played slow 'half-quick' def-def-up as the only team in the World Cup?

Strange was that Tortorella's sport analysis led to that playing slow playspeed def-def-up would pay off.

Ambitious high-reaching NHL organization shouldn't guard themselves with the forsaken def-def-upwards template.

So what is the leading one proposing? That teams don't go D to D? There is almost always open ice on the weakside, yes it does give teams time to get organized but it also changes the point of attack which can lead to some disorganization.

I am open to seeing what the special one is proposing.....er...leading one. The special one looks after Man United.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014

"@jkekalainen I closely watched your couple first games... Somehow I think that Tortorella's 'half-quick' oldtime hockey won't be enough @NHL."

The Leading One's verdict. Does Jarmo Kekäläinen have the man to answer?

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio

"@jkekalainen I closely watched your couple first games... Somehow I think that Tortorella's 'half-quick' oldtime hockey won't be enough @NHL."

The Leading One's verdict. Does Jarmo Kekäläinen have the man to answer?

Say-What-meme-43580.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad