Injury Report: John Tavares out one month with oblique injury

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Big deal for team Canada but not a huge issue for the Leafs really.

Some fans are probably happy hes not going to get more wear and tear overseas.

Reactions: Al14

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Not a huge delayed start. This tournament takes about 2 weeks and then he'd probably take a week or 2 off for vacation to relax before starting his training so he's not missing much time really when it comes to training.

Reactions: Al14

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
it's possible he would have been taking one months time off anyways, no biggie
It's easier to maintain ones cardio fitness by continuing to work out. So, most NHL players don't take a lot of time off during their off seasons.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
It's easier to maintain ones cardio fitness by continuing to work out. So, most NHL players don't take a lot of time off during their off seasons.

These guys shut it down for a bit and let there bodies and minds heal and recover. no need to be active 12 months a year.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
These guys shut it down for a bit and let there bodies and minds heal and recover. no need to be active 12 months a year.
Sorry, the NHL guys I've been around, have indeed worked out year round. It's not like it use to be in the 1960's where the players started working out in training camp.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Sorry, the NHL guys I've been around, have indeed worked out year round. It's not like it use to be in the 1960's where the players started working out in training camp.

I highly doubt they work out/train/etc 12 months a year, I workout 5-6 days a week, you get worn down over months and need a break mentally and physically. I'm sure the sports, science people have said to relax a bit in the offseason, this is a silly discussion anyways, cheers ...

Last edited:

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
FWIW it's most likely thanks to their "supplements" that allows them to train hard year round.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
FWIW it's most likely thanks to their "supplements" that allows them to train hard year round.
Maybe, but just not letting their fitness levels slide, by taking much training time off, is the key!

member 262271

I’d assume other players hanging off you all the time would stress the abs greatly!

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
Let's hope it doesn't become a chronic issue.

So Hyman's grit and toughness made him practically assist on Boston's power plays as he lost faceoffs with his torn ACL

Now Travares has some difficult to understand or not exactly clear oblique injury, presumably the tearing or swelling of some tissue

All this toughness - how did it work out? - our playoffs are over and not just because instead of being able to clear the puck or score, Hyman or Travares fell

The risks of signing unrestricted free agents is that you pay them for what they were yesterday and not for who they will be tomorrow - weaker, older, slower. Imagine the vitorol that would be directed to Travares if his name was Ivan Svnesnky, thankfully, that is a non- issue!

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
All this toughness - how did it work out? - our playoffs are over and not just because instead of being able to clear the puck or score, Hyman or Travares fell
Tavares was not the reason they lost and do you realize he was injured when he was with Canada at the World Championships, it was not during the playoffs with the Leafs the way Hyman was playing with a torn ACL.

Reactions: AreBe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad