Confirmed with Link: John Lethemon signs with the Red Wings (1 year, $750K, two-way)

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Better not be because we are moving Husso. Husso left ice early that’s why I am now concerned

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I initially misread this as us signing Jere Lehtonen. I was like "He's a bit old, isn't he?"

• Wow
Reactions: Realgud

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
I'm skeptical that giving a 26 year old Toledo Walleye goalie league minimum for a year has much to do with our starting goaltender position...
Ah it was more because if they were moving him Ned would be coming back up and this kid would be backup in GR. Again I don’t think he is moving Husso I was just scared because he also left practice early today

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
65K seems pretty low to play professional hockey, IMO. Dude could make more doing a regular office job.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
?

On the Puck pedia site it says Husso is expected out until March 8th.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
It's good when your only life skill is getting pucks shot at you.
Are you making fun of Bench again, lol?

It's better than ECHL salary, so no surprise that he would sign. The kid outperformed Cossa this season for Toledo, one or both of them will wind up in GR next season. Worst case, he's a kid that isn't gonna complain about playing in Toledo.... because he already is.

I was intrigued by his stats, even mentioned it in the Cossa thread. We'll get to see what he's got preseason i assume.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
I assume this contract is for NEXT season. Lethemon has an ECHL contract so it would have to be Cossa that heads to GR if they need another goalie.
It's for this year, likely giving them the flexibility to call him up to GR easier.

Lethemon was signed by the Griffins, so I would assume he was already able to go back and forth between GR and Toledo.

This signing is likely for depth purposes, and to give Lethemon a nice $$ bonus for being the only goalie in the GR/Toledo system to actually meet or exceed expectations or not be a complete dumpster fire this year.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
It's for this year, likely giving them the flexibility to call him up to GR easier.
Lethemon was signed by the Griffins, so I would assume he was already able to go back and forth between GR and Toledo.

This signing is likely for depth purposes, and to give Lethemon a nice $$ bonus for being the only goalie in the GR/Toledo system to actually meet or exceed expectations or not be a complete dumpster fire this year.
Appears both of you guys are correct, signed by GR then Wings, according to the Griffins site. Probably should have done my research BEFORE posting, lol.

I had assumed next season because it doesn't show up on Capfriendly. Plus it's odd to sign someone that's already eligible to play for GR.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Appears both of you guys are correct, signed by GR then Wings, according to the Griffins site. Probably should have done my research BEFORE posting, lol.

I had assumed next season because it doesn't show up on Capfriendly. Plus it's odd to sign someone that's already eligible to play for GR.

I would still guess it has a lot to do with giving him a little raise for having a good season, while also giving the Wings a little more flexibility if they need to use emergency recall on a goalie.

Probably not a factor at all, but it also makes him eligible to be an RFA since he'll still be under 27 on 7/1.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Probably not a factor at all, but it also makes him eligible to be an RFA since he'll still be under 27 on 7/1.
That might actually be a factor if he does well in GR. Puts him under team control, so the Wings can decide to re-sign him or not.

Like I said before, I was curious about him after looking at ECHL stats, mentioned it a month ago in the Cossa thread. Can't be much worse than the CF in GR earlier this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad