Confirmed with Link: John Hynes fired; Andrew Brunette hired as new HC

Softball99

Dec 16, 2014
The Rangers literally recieved permission to talk to him... Trotz should have let him interview earlier if Taylor was ahead of him over retaining him

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
I would be much more sympathetic if he didnt have another year under contract. He is getting paid next season either way. I mean since we are paying him either way could we not in our own rights deny other teams the ability to talk to him?
Yes Trotz could deny it. Obviously, THAT would truly be a shitty move but everyone has to find something to be mad about so they can have the "it took too long" thing I guess.

Reactions: herzausstein

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I would be much more sympathetic if he didnt have another year under contract. He is getting paid next season either way. I mean since we are paying him either way could we not in our own rights deny other teams the ability to talk to him?
I imagine that they won't have to pay him if he takes a job with another team, so it's in their interests to give permission to talk to him.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
The Rangers literally recieved permission to talk to him... Trotz should have let him interview earlier if Taylor was ahead of him over retaining him
If Trotz had finished all the due diligence he claimed he was doing, then I would agree. However, talking to all the candidates seems like a reasonable part of his process.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
If Trotz had finished all the due diligence he claimed he was doing, then I would agree. However, talking to all the candidates seems like a reasonable part of his process.
It's hard to say that's a better process than the "due diligence dartboard" though. :naughty:

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
Lot’s of folks including me wanted Hynes gone. He’s gone.
I just didn't see Hynes doing anything different to make the Preds any better than they have been since he was hired. The ONLY reason for the changes this season were from injuries and being sellers at the TDL. All of this talk is starting to bring out the frustration from this past season so I am so glad we can move on and upward with a new coach!

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Also... it takes two to tango. You could have 3 candidates to replace hynes and not be able to come to terms with any of them. Until a replacement is found and contract agreed upon, Hynes is acting coach.

Reactions: triggrman

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I wonder what he can do with some of the younger kids with good wheels, especially Stastney. I think he, Josi and Carrier may accel in this new up-tempo system.

Something to consider for the PP, Brunette helped coach a NJ team that had an excellent PP. Also, Milwaukee had the number 1 PP in the AHL. Seems like a good fit for Taylor.

Love that they kept Hinote and Richards.

I will be going back to the Bridge next year. New GM. New Coach. Young players flooding the roster. I'm in.
In Milwaukee, Carrier was the Bobby Orr like Dman and his partner, Fred Allard, was the slower stay-at-home type Dman. It worked out pretty well at the AHL level. Carrier had to tone down his offensive forays under Hynes.

(You know that the Preds weren't allowed to average more than 2.8 GPG under Hynes! You could count on him to sit the hot players to put the brakes on the team.)

Reactions: Adz

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
TBH in that profession they are probably used to it. Seems like just about every staff has a former head coach or an up and coming guy who was on someone's short list. I would imagine as long as someone like Taylor wasn't actively trying to get Brunette run out to get the job it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

If I had to guess Taylor was probably the 3rd choice, and who know he may not have been on the list until this playoff run.
Last season, the Admirals knocked out Manitoba, the #2 team in the division in five games. (Yes, it happened two years in a row.) Then they played against Chicago (#1), last year's Calder Cup champion and lost 3 games to 1. The Wolves beat Stockton 4-2 and then Springfield 4-1. That just shows that the Admirals division and conference were strong and the EC was weak!

Milwaukee won a round against a higher seeded team last year and was knocked out by the champs.
What the Admirals are doing during this year's playoffs isn't a surprise to me. They would be even better with Novak on the roster, but that is the nature of minor league hockey. You lose your best player(s) to a NHL team. I am glad that Milwaukee won Game 3 at home against a team that piled up 14 more points than they did this season (89 to 103). I hope for a repeat tonight.

Reactions: SouthNash

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
In Milwaukee, Carrier was the Bobby Orr like Dman and his partner, Fred Allard, was the slower stay-at-home type Dman. It worked out pretty well at the AHL level. Carrier had to tone down his offensive forays under Hynes.
Carrier had to tone down his offense because he wasn't good enough to do all that at the NHL level. There is probably a happy medium he can find that is better than what he did last year (nothing) and what he thought he could do when he first came up (be a constant minus by playing like a forward).

Reactions: hockey diva

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad