Player Discussion John Gilmour

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
I don't think ADA has been good, but he has shown flashes of elite puck-moving talent and I think he should play every game for the rest of the season to try to settle in and prove himself.

The only reason Kampfer should be playing now is if they somehow think they're showcasing him for a trade. Outside of that, ****ing give Gilmour a chance!

EDIT - not saying that you think Kampfer should play either; just that AV shouldn't be playing him over younger guys right now.
Gilmore is worse defensively than Ada. Gilmore just has elite speed(he won AHL fastest skater)

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
Gilmour didn't stand out as much as Pionk but he and Pionk played very well. I was surprised AV put them together but totally the right call there

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
What a first couple of games for Gilmour. He is definitely a bit of a gambler but his skating is sublime. He is constantly roving and joining the rush. His ability to lug the puck and beat a forecheck is a huge plus for the team overall. He has some mistakes here and there but that's part of learning at this level. I like how AV has used him up to this point (I didn't think I would be saying that)

Gravey22

Nov 19, 2017
both games this guy looked good. His skating is very smooth and will not share the player who his skating reminds. Would be a joke and scoffed.
he was moving out there in ways that make a difference sometimes big differences. His partner Pionk was very good too not as smooth skating but very good with a well above average shot.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
both games this guy looked good. His skating is very smooth and will not share the player who his skating reminds. Would be a joke and scoffed.
he was moving out there in ways that make a difference sometimes big differences. His partner Pionk was very good too not as smooth skating but very good with a well above average shot.

Why?

His skating is literally the one part of his game that is high end lol.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
It sucks for Hartford though. They are 9-0-1-0 in their last 10 and tomorrow is a big game vs Charlotte.

I'm a little frustrated that last week, I was looking forward to seeing 4 prospects that now I won't get to see tomorrow.

Oh well, still got Chytil and Andersson to focus on!

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I'm a little frustrated that last week, I was looking forward to seeing 4 prospects that now I won't get to see tomorrow.

Oh well, still got Chytil and Andersson to focus on!

Two main points of focus anyway.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Still too inconsistent. Not as much as before, but goes from a great 1D in the AHL to an average 4D the next period.

It's real shame to watch him kind of plateau this season because this would've been an ideal time for him to take that next step.

But I agree, there are still a lot of times he doesn't look like a guy on the cusp of a breakthrough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad