Celebrity Death: John Dunsworth Dead At 71 [Jim Lahey in Trailer Park Boys]

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Actor John F. Dunsworth, best known for his portrayal of Jim Lahey in the comedy series Trailer Park Boys, has died at the age of 71.

The news was confirmed by Dunsworth’s daughter Sarah in an email.

“John left this world peacefully after a short and unexpected illness,” she wrote in an email.

Along with his role as Jim Lahey, Dunsworth was well-known in the regional theatre community.

His family has asked for privacy at this time.

Reactions: Sk8M8

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
The peak moment of my life was when I was working at a boatyard near where John Dunsworth lived. I was cleaning a boat one day and he drove up and parked next to me in his extremely beat down truck. He came up to me and looked at a piece of rope that was attached to the boat, then said "It's incredible how they make this, isn't it?" Starstruck, I said "Yeah". He walked away.

A great man. RIP.

Transplanted Caper

2x ATD Co-Champion
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
A wonderful actor, a wonderful character, a wonderful show. He also did great work on Haven and in community theatre in Halifax. TPB is an absolute maelstrom of crazy, but at its heart it's a show about a group of people who really do care about each other. Dunsworth and Lahey were a massive part of it. RIP.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
_cmuph.gif

RIP f***y the Drunk Clown :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->