John Davidson to run the Blues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grapeshine

Dec 9, 2002
Visit site
I think the Blues will play a whole lot of the left-wing lock!

Personal opinion of J.D. aside (he's a moron), if the Blues want to get better they should look to proven hockey types, not members of the media.

cringer

Nov 9, 2005
NY, USA
www.hockeystation.com
Davidson was supposedly offered the Rangers GM position during the Mike Keenan - Neil Smith power struggle that extended all the way to the top of the Garden brass.

It came out in the grapevine, that one MSG contingent who backed Keenan was prepared to oust Neil Smith, and reached out to JD as a potential replacement. JD was grilled by the local media over it, I remember. He was put in an awkward spot.

At any rate, I believe what he said then holds even more true today - That he's very happy in television and having his family in New York, and has no aspirations of running any team in any city.

I don't agree that he's a moron. I think he's an excellent analyst. He is most certainly a Rangers homer, however. He's at his best calling games that don't involve the Rangers.

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
grapeshine said:
I think the Blues will play a whole lot of the left-wing lock!

Personal opinion of J.D. aside (he's a moron), if the Blues want to get better they should look to proven hockey types, not members of the media.
why do you think jd is a moron? just wondering - i quite like him -

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
From NJD fan

JD is a homer and can sometimes get it wrong, but he is a class act that has the well-earned respect of the hockey world. Sam Rosen, another class act, is more neutral. JD is a hockey fan and gets genuinely excited, if not carried away with his signature "Oh Baby!"
He did goaltend for St. Louis and NYR, so he has more than mere media credentials. He is happy where he is, and so are a lot hockey fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad