WWE: John Cena taking significant time off; WWE forced to push Ambrose?

S A W F T*

Really hope Ambrose answers the open challenge on RAW following HIAC and wins the belt.

Perfect time to start pushing him again to set up The Shield triple threat at Mania.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Not all that different. He was injured. People knew he was leaving. He ate the pin to drop the title. I understand being skeptical of him eating a pin and I'm not saying he'll definitely do it but it shouldn't be a shock to people if he does. It's real simple. Cena versus anyone. KO interferes costing Cena the title and then goes super heel to knock him out of it. Then you've set up Cena-KO again for the IC strap and it's a different dynamic on something that isn't stale yet which is rare with Cena involved.

Well, yeah, it is different.

"Family" connection, most over guy on the roster by a mile. And, even then, they sold that John was OMG OMG OMG SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO injured.

He is not losing the belt clean. But, yeah, your scenario makes sense. However, no way they put KO over if he feuds with Cena again. Keep him as far away from Cena as possible please.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Well, yeah, it is different.

"Family" connection, most over guy on the roster by a mile. And, even then, they sold that John was OMG OMG OMG SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO injured.

He is not losing the belt clean. But, yeah, your scenario makes sense. However, no way they put KO over if he feuds with Cena again. Keep him as far away from Cena as possible please.

I don't think the family connection is all that important. DB and Cena have reportedly not really been close. Of course he won't lose clean or they'll sell a reason for him not being Super Cena. That's par for the course in wrestling. It's rare for the face to lose clean to the heel when they're portrayed as same level-ish.

As for Cena-KO, I'm okay with KO being on the losing end again there. There are certain guys I'm okay with eating that on a few occasions with Cena. KO is one of them. Wyatt is another. Both are talented enough to repair any damage done to their character by Cena. And KO wasn't hurt that much by losing to Cena just because his losses weren't ridiculous and his wins weren't even more ridiculous like Wyatt's was. It took Wyatt a bit but he's fixed that damage.

And in a situation where KO is champ forcing Cena to chase, they can do quite a bit to put KO over enough to mitigate the inevitable losing the last two decisions. Or better yet, let Cena challenge and have a random person cost him his shot after the chase has run its course like they did to set up the Wyatt-Cena program in the first place.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I don't think the family connection is all that important. DB and Cena have reportedly not really been close. Of course he won't lose clean or they'll sell a reason for him not being Super Cena. That's par for the course in wrestling. It's rare for the face to lose clean to the heel when they're portrayed as same level-ish.

As for Cena-KO, I'm okay with KO being on the losing end again there. There are certain guys I'm okay with eating that on a few occasions with Cena. KO is one of them. Wyatt is another. Both are talented enough to repair any damage done to their character by Cena. And KO wasn't hurt that much by losing to Cena just because his losses weren't ridiculous and his wins weren't even more ridiculous like Wyatt's was. It took Wyatt a bit but he's fixed that damage.

And in a situation where KO is champ forcing Cena to chase, they can do quite a bit to put KO over enough to mitigate the inevitable losing the last two decisions. Or better yet, let Cena challenge and have a random person cost him his shot after the chase has run its course like they did to set up the Wyatt-Cena program in the first place.

This is where I disagree with being "OK" with them losing the feud. Especially with the logic of "Well, it might take a while for them to regain any steam" - Not saying that's what you're saying, but it should never be like that. When you lose a feud to Cena, you shouldn't have to take time to repair what damage was done. If Cena loses those feuds, he's still where he is and no one would change their opinions, and the kids wouldn't cheer any less for him.

They had a chance to skyrocket both Wyatt and Owens, who the crowd was completely behind. I dig Owens has the title, and that's awesome... but i'm worried for Wyatt especially now that he's feuding with Cena 2.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009

It took almost a year to fix what happened to Wyatt. Granted breaking up the family played a part but that was probably because Cena steamrolled them and they lost all credibility.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- As noted, WWE United States Champion John Cena will be taking some time away from WWE following this month's Hell In a Cell pay-per-view due to personal reasons after asking for time off back in the summer. Cena is off all WWE TV and live events through at least early December, including the November European tour.

No word yet on what this means for the United States Title but it's believed that the direction will be made clear on tonight's RAW from Cena's hometown of Boston.

Cena is likely not taking time off to get married to Nikki Bella as she is still booked for the European tour. Cena taking time off for an injury has also been ruled out.

According to Wrestling Observer Radio, WWE live events will now feature Dean Ambrose in more headlining roles while Cena is away. It was speculated that WWE officials may be forced to finally push Ambrose to the main event.

Cena's return will come in late December as he is currently booked for the annual post-Christmas WWE live events.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Yay, Ambrose.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Because they don't care about doing a Shield triple-threat it seems. They're more interested in doing Lesnar vs. Rollins or Lesnar vs. Reigns for Wrestlemania's title match again, according to Meltzer.

I wouldn't mind actually seeing a Seth vs Brock match not what ever they had at Battleground, Let Rollings actually put some offence in and have a good match

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->