Joensuu

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by espo*, Dec 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. espo*

espo* Guest

Joenseau(or however you exactly spell it).I would'nt take him top ten.You can see what the scouts like(great size,decent skating and apparent natutral ability to handle the puck) but....................he does'nt have confdience in what he has and it shows.Play some pressure on him seems to throw him off,does'nt want the puck.Now,natural abilites he may be top ten but you'll need a coach to ride him and hope he can handle it to get the best out of him.I would'nt take him top ten,maybe top twenty.But i'd scour the talents of someone else top ten if i was picking.

2. I really wasn't impressed with him tonight. All he did was sit in front of the goalie on the PP. You would think a future top 5 pick would be creating scoring chances behind the net or on the half boards. The only reason I noticed him on the ice was because he was big.

3. espo*

espo* Guest

Yeah,so would I!! big and can skate well with with good hands with no-one on him................would you draft that top level?You see a guy like that Slovenian guy(Kopitar) and see why HE got drafted top ten but with Joenseau i don't see it.I would'nt touch him top ten. Lower i would..................but not top ten.

4. Anthony Mauro

Anthony Mauro DraftBuzz Hockey

Home Page:
    Kopitar was drafted #11. Sorry, lol.

5. espo*

espo* Guest

lOL about what..........................even if he was drafted no 11(draft position....woo eeehe!!)................he's not nearly as good as Kopitar and maybe he was'nt just drafted top ten(God,he was 11th so sue me!!).I was only comparing skill sets there.They say he's top ten......he ain't.....................Kopitar at least was!!

6. Homme de la Meduse

Homme de la Meduse Registered User

What the hell man? You saw him one time and you can already say that he's not a top 10 material? SURE! I'm sure that the guys that see him on a regular basis must all be wrong about him cause the guy that saw him one time said so?

7. BigAl

BigAl Registered User

Home Page:
    He's a bum. I have seen him several times now, and he has yet to impress me at all. I will be surprised if he goes top 20, unless the Isles are picking in the top 20.....Mad Mike seems to like picking unskilled players out of Finland.

8. WADEugottaBELAKthat

WADEugottaBELAKthat Flynt Flossy

With all due respect, I don't think he's even been considered a top-five (let alone top ten) prospect for quite some time now.

9. espo*

espo* Guest

Yep,i do.I don't like him unless he starts to want the puck out there.I realise i may not be spot on but i don't like him.....................he's off.I would'nt pick him top ten.They are saying he's top ten or 15 on tsn but i sure don't see it.

10. Homme de la Meduse

You're talking like you saw him in something like 10-15 games. Sure he was not impressive, but how do you know you don't catch him in an off-game? Before saying comment like this, wait at least until the end of the tourney. Have you even see and compare all the others 10-15 Prospect before saying he's not Top 10-15? I don't understand people saying that ''X'' player should not be that high... what are you? A professional scout?

11. espo*

espo* Guest

You're right........i've only seen him a few games but i can only go by what i've seen of him and i think a few scouts concur(he isn't what he was billed up to be a few years ago) I also think i've been honest in what his skills are and what he can be but honestly tell me..................he was hyped up a few years ago...........do you really think he's up to that? All i'm saying(maybe a bit more) is that his weakennsses are too much to take him over some guys that will come out.Is that so wrong?

12. espo*

espo* Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2005
  13. King'sPawn

King'sPawn Enjoy the chaos

Before the year started, I was wondering who would be the Jakub Kindl of this draft. Joensuu was my guess. I've seen nothing but his stock dropping.

14. edd1e

edd1e Registered User

store manager
    You should not judge him from one bad game, cause that what it was from him, a bad game..

15. espo*

espo* Guest

You may be right.I can only tell what i'm seeing from about three games now.It's not a season in the chl that i've witnessed but i don't like what i have seen from him.I'll have to get up to speed on who the top twenty guys are but from what i've seen of the guy,i'd be looking at that top 20 and some player to take his spot if i'm picking fairly high.But like i said...............maybe a good coach can bring out his potential.I never said there isn't gifts to work with.

16. edd1e

edd1e Registered User

store manager
    i agree with you that he's not been playing like a first round pick in there.. but last game from entire team Finland was not very good, Canada was better in all aspects of the game..

i hope they all get a grip and start to play like a team.

17. Taze

Taze Registered User

Home Page:
    Looking from Tournament pages is obviously a stretch? Better to make just a guess than actually make some effort (takes abour one minute or so) to find out. If you don't even bother that much, do you really expect anyone take you seriously in any other matter either?

Then again judging by your typing, you would've probably messed up the Tournament address anyway.

18. Homme de la Meduse

So, who are the Top 20? You seem like you know a lot of prospect for ranking him that high.

19. Korkki

Korkki Registered User

Process controller
    You just judged him because of a one bad game from whole team. Can't understand that you say he doesn't have confidence, but I have seen him play several games in senior level and there he seems to have confidence...

I still can't understand what makes Frolik better than Joensuu...

20. espo*

espo* Guest

i'm not sure who the consensus top 20 are off the top of my head but i know he's been talked about as a top ten guy and he did'nt look like he ever wanted the puck out there.If the puck is a hot potato to him i can't see why he's looked upon so highly.

21. CH Wizard

CH Wizard Guest

I kinda agree guys, he was a bit invisible yesterday. Only Tukonen and Seitsonen were creating scoring chances...but admit the whole finland team played like crap.

Patience....patience guys.

22. Ya, I saw Rask for only one game and believe he is going to be a bust. Boyd on the other hand will be the future NHL scoring champ. :sarcasm:

To get a complete analysis of a prospect, you have to watch at the very least 7-10 games. Joensuu stock is falling, but he still has the talent to go top 20.

23. CH Wizard

CH Wizard Guest

Exactly.

Boy, did Rask look bad yesterday!! Though, he'll maybe play solid against weaker teams, during the whole tournament. Let's judge Joensuu when he'll play atleast 4,5 games.

24. Le Golie

Le Golie ...

Exactly. He had everyone drooling when he was 14 years old because he was so much more physically developed than his peers. Now everyone has caught up to him and scouts are realizing he's not that special.

25. espo*

espo* Guest

Now this is more like it, thank you..............thats all i ask.

A little i guess,they are both big and can skate well.When Jesse has some room with the puck he looks more impressive for some reason but it goes back to what i said originally about him,he just seems to need too much room.He's not hungry for the puck at all.With chipper,thats not an issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.