Joensuu

Status
Not open for further replies.

espo*

Joenseau(or however you exactly spell it).I would'nt take him top ten.You can see what the scouts like(great size,decent skating and apparent natutral ability to handle the puck) but....................he does'nt have confdience in what he has and it shows.Play some pressure on him seems to throw him off,does'nt want the puck.Now,natural abilites he may be top ten but you'll need a coach to ride him and hope he can handle it to get the best out of him.I would'nt take him top ten,maybe top twenty.But i'd scour the talents of someone else top ten if i was picking.

Hockeycanada*

cyclops said:
Joenseau(or however you exactly spell it).I would'nt take him top ten.You can see what the scouts like(great size,decent skating and apparent natutral ability to handle the puck) but....................he does'nt have confdience in what he has and it shows.Play some pressure on him seems to throw him off,does'nt want the puck.Now,natural abilites he may be top ten but you'll need a coach to ride him and hope he can handle it to get the best out of him.I would'nt take him top ten,maybe top twenty.But i'd scour the talents of someone else top ten if i was picking.
I really wasn't impressed with him tonight. All he did was sit in front of the goalie on the PP. You would think a future top 5 pick would be creating scoring chances behind the net or on the half boards. The only reason I noticed him on the ice was because he was big.

espo*

Hockeycanada said:
I really wasn't impressed with him tonight. All he did was sit in front of the goalie on the PP. You would think a future top 5 pick would be creating scoring chances behind the net or on the half boards. The only reason I noticed him on the ice was because he was big.
Yeah,so would I!! big and can skate well with with good hands with no-one on him................would you draft that top level?You see a guy like that Slovenian guy(Kopitar) and see why HE got drafted top ten but with Joenseau i don't see it.I would'nt touch him top ten. Lower i would..................but not top ten.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
cyclops said:
Yeah,so would I!! big and can skate well with with good hands with no-one on him................would you draft that top level?You see a guy like that Slovenian guy(Kopitar) and see why HE got drafted top ten but with Joenseau i don't see it.I would'nt touch him top ten. Lower i would..................but not top ten.

Kopitar was drafted #11. Sorry, lol.

espo*

Balej's Dance said:
Kopitar was drafted #11. Sorry, lol.
lOL about what..........................even if he was drafted no 11(draft position....woo eeehe!!)................he's not nearly as good as Kopitar and maybe he was'nt just drafted top ten(God,he was 11th so sue me!!).I was only comparing skill sets there.They say he's top ten......he ain't.....................Kopitar at least was!!

BIG GIFS

Apr 29, 2004
cyclops said:
lOL about what..........................even if he was drafted no 11(draft position....woo eeehe!!)................he's not nearly as good as Kopitar and maybe he was'nt just drafted top ten(God,he was 11th so sue me!!).I was only comparing skill sets there.They say he's top ten......he ain't.....................Kopitar at least was!!
What the hell man? You saw him one time and you can already say that he's not a top 10 material? SURE! I'm sure that the guys that see him on a regular basis must all be wrong about him cause the guy that saw him one time said so?

BigAl

Oct 3, 2002
Visit site
He's a bum. I have seen him several times now, and he has yet to impress me at all. I will be surprised if he goes top 20, unless the Isles are picking in the top 20.....Mad Mike seems to like picking unskilled players out of Finland.

espo*

Taupy said:
What the hell man? You saw him one time and you can already say that he's not a top 10 material? SURE! I'm sure that the guys that see him on a regular basis must all be wrong about him cause the guy that saw him one time said so?
Yep,i do.I don't like him unless he starts to want the puck out there.I realise i may not be spot on but i don't like him.....................he's off.I would'nt pick him top ten.They are saying he's top ten or 15 on tsn but i sure don't see it.

BIG GIFS

Apr 29, 2004
cyclops said:
Yep,i do.I don't like him unless he starts to want the puck out there.I realise i may not be spot on but i don't like him.....................he's off.I would'nt pick him top ten.They are saying he's top ten or 15 on tsn but i sure don't see it.
You're talking like you saw him in something like 10-15 games. Sure he was not impressive, but how do you know you don't catch him in an off-game? Before saying comment like this, wait at least until the end of the tourney. Have you even see and compare all the others 10-15 Prospect before saying he's not Top 10-15? I don't understand people saying that ''X'' player should not be that high... what are you? A professional scout?

espo*

Taupy said:
You're talking like you saw him in something like 10-15 games. Sure he was not impressive, but how do you know you don't catch him in an off-game? Before saying comment like this, wait at least until the end of the tourney. Have you even see and compare all the others 10-15 Prospect before saying he's not Top 10-15? I don't understand people saying that ''X'' player should not be that high... what are you? A professional scout?
You're right........i've only seen him a few games but i can only go by what i've seen of him and i think a few scouts concur(he isn't what he was billed up to be a few years ago) I also think i've been honest in what his skills are and what he can be but honestly tell me..................he was hyped up a few years ago...........do you really think he's up to that? All i'm saying(maybe a bit more) is that his weakennsses are too much to take him over some guys that will come out.Is that so wrong?

espo*

Pete Rock said:
I wouldn't be surprised that if by "a few games" you meant "tonight's game".

I don't like him and that that's that.You can disagree with me,but don't give me **** on the guys Finnish name.................how the **** would i know that?

Oh yeah..................Illa and Hanteru give me the goods all the time up

here................all the time!!!

and i still think the guy ain't a top ten pick.........but you'll see all his games of course Teemu!!

and it's 2 games plus this stinker(the two before we"re stinkers too but he was young no big deal)But he isn't some babe in the woods now.................where the hell are his strengths?you tell me............................

EDIT: Off-topic comments removed

Last edited by a moderator:

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Before the year started, I was wondering who would be the Jakub Kindl of this draft. Joensuu was my guess. I've seen nothing but his stock dropping.

edd1e

Sep 11, 2004
Helsinki, Finland
cyclops said:

You should not judge him from one bad game, cause that what it was from him, a bad game..

espo*

edd1e said:
You should not judge him from one bad game, cause that what it was from him, a bad game..
You may be right.I can only tell what i'm seeing from about three games now.It's not a season in the chl that i've witnessed but i don't like what i have seen from him.I'll have to get up to speed on who the top twenty guys are but from what i've seen of the guy,i'd be looking at that top 20 and some player to take his spot if i'm picking fairly high.But like i said...............maybe a good coach can bring out his potential.I never said there isn't gifts to work with.

edd1e

Sep 11, 2004
Helsinki, Finland
i agree with you that he's not been playing like a first round pick in there.. but last game from entire team Finland was not very good, Canada was better in all aspects of the game..

i hope they all get a grip and start to play like a team.

Taze

Jan 27, 2003
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
cyclops said:
His spelling right?my God.........you think i hang around Finnish people all the time here? Oh yeah...................he's John Macdonald for me..............right next door.

I don't like him and that that's that.You can disagree with me,but don't give me **** on the guys Finnish name.................how the **** would i know that?

Looking from Tournament pages is obviously a stretch? Better to make just a guess than actually make some effort (takes abour one minute or so) to find out. If you don't even bother that much, do you really expect anyone take you seriously in any other matter either?

Then again judging by your typing, you would've probably messed up the Tournament address anyway.

BIG GIFS

Apr 29, 2004
So, who are the Top 20? You seem like you know a lot of prospect for ranking him that high.

Korkki

Mar 6, 2002
Pori, Finland
You just judged him because of a one bad game from whole team. Can't understand that you say he doesn't have confidence, but I have seen him play several games in senior level and there he seems to have confidence...

I still can't understand what makes Frolik better than Joensuu...

espo*

Taupy said:
So, who are the Top 20? You seem like you know a lot of prospect for ranking him that high.
i'm not sure who the consensus top 20 are off the top of my head but i know he's been talked about as a top ten guy and he did'nt look like he ever wanted the puck out there.If the puck is a hot potato to him i can't see why he's looked upon so highly.

CH Wizard

I kinda agree guys, he was a bit invisible yesterday. Only Tukonen and Seitsonen were creating scoring chances...but admit the whole finland team played like crap.

Patience....patience guys.

Vic Rattlehead*

Ya, I saw Rask for only one game and believe he is going to be a bust. Boyd on the other hand will be the future NHL scoring champ. :sarcasm:

To get a complete analysis of a prospect, you have to watch at the very least 7-10 games. Joensuu stock is falling, but he still has the talent to go top 20.

CH Wizard

19bruins19 said:
Ya, I saw Rask for only one game and believe he is going to be a bust. Boyd on the other hand will be the future NHL scoring champ. :sarcasm:

To get a complete analysis of a prospect, you have to watch at the very least 7-10 games. Joensuu stock is falling, but he still has the talent to go top 20.

Exactly.

Boy, did Rask look bad yesterday!! Though, he'll maybe play solid against weaker teams, during the whole tournament. Let's judge Joensuu when he'll play atleast 4,5 games.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Mallard said:
With all due respect, I don't think he's even been considered a top-five (let alone top ten) prospect for quite some time now.

Exactly. He had everyone drooling when he was 14 years old because he was so much more physically developed than his peers. Now everyone has caught up to him and scouts are realizing he's not that special.

espo*

J17ster said:
:biglaugh:Whats this got to do with my life and a "chip on my shoulder". lol you take things too seriously.

Is Jesse anything like Kyle Chipchura? Is that a reasonable comparison?
Now this is more like it, thank you..............thats all i ask.

A little i guess,they are both big and can skate well.When Jesse has some room with the puck he looks more impressive for some reason but it goes back to what i said originally about him,he just seems to need too much room.He's not hungry for the puck at all.With chipper,thats not an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad