Player Discussion Joel Edmundson Part 2: On leave Edition

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
So he looked pretty crappy last night. A few tepid hits and not the best puck control. I look forward to seeing his improve a bunch.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Also he's coming back from the single worst injury a pro-hockey player can have, so let's give him some time shall we?

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
So he looked pretty crappy last night. A few tepid hits and not the best puck control. I look forward to seeing his improve a bunch.

1st game in 10 month, what where you expecting ??

Also he's coming back from the single worst injury a pro-hockey player can have, so let's give him some time shall we?

Hasn’t played in almost a year, what exactly were you expecting?
I did say, “I look forward to seeing him improve a bunch.” I was hoping for a better first outing, like Mailloux had after not playing in about 8 months.

I guess I wanted to spark a conversation about whether there were things he did that were positive. I don’t remember seeing many. Looking forward to seeing him again tonight.

ToNedOuT

Apr 22, 2004
Victoria BC
I did say, “I look forward to seeing him improve a bunch.” I was hoping for a better first outing, like Mailloux had after not playing in about 8 months.

I guess I wanted to spark a conversation about whether there were things he did that were positive. I don’t remember seeing many. Looking forward to seeing him again tonight.
Mailloux wasn't coming back from a big injury though.

We know what Edmundson brings...I'm sure he'll be back to the level we expect at some point.

Reactions: Vachon23

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

Mailloux made a return in the OHL, not the same thing

Manse

Jun 17, 2022
I thought they said it was something he battled last year too and they we're trying to get ahead of it
May as well forget about him, hasn't played much hockey for the team, guys like him and Drouin just never seem to be around much last couple of years !! Neither will be around long at this point , can't even give Drouin away lol

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Is it me or has this guy been absolutely brutal out there since coming back. Keep in mind I'm going strictly by eye test here and I'd love for somebody to show me stats to prove me wrong but is the guy shot for good? His first step is crazy slow looks like he's in quicksand in our own end. Disappointing, I was a big fan of his game during our run. Can he get back to form? He's only 29

70Stang

Feb 21, 2008
Is it me or has this guy been absolutely brutal out there since coming back. Keep in mind I'm going strictly by eye test here and I'd love for somebody to show me stats to prove me wrong but is the guy shot for good? His first step is crazy slow looks like he's in quicksand in our own end. Disappointing, I was a big fan of his game during our run. Can he get back to form? He's only 29
I would hope they are looking to trade him quick lol. He has some nice assists and a goal lately. Sell while he's producing. Defensively he is slow and doesn't fit into what MSL wants. He is good on the PK though.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
He’s been a step behind without a doubt - coming back from back issues + missed training camp, it’s going to take some time to get into game shape

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
He has been brutal for the majority of his career. Not a top 6 D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad