Speculation: Joel Bouchard coming to the Habs org? 98.5fm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
They missed on Barré-Boulet. I hope they gonna give a chance to Alain and Galipeau, at least.

I'm with you on both. They both should be given a shot. And if rumours are to be believed, Habs are interested in both. However because some around here have some contacts in Armada, I'm wondering if they have heard any new info on Bouchard and Alain.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Bouchard is a hell of a coache. I prefer him to Ducharme. Sometimes he had no team on paper in Boisbriand and they finishes in the Top.

This is a classic of Bouchard last october ..if you understand French

Joël Bouchard vilipende ses joueurs - TVA Sports

All Habs fans have to be hoping that Bouchard is being hired to develop our young prospects properly. Enough of the poor team play, having great young minds that are already showing their capabilities in the Q, should be a priority IMHO!!!...:devdance::devdance::devdance:

Gomez91

Fala!!
Nov 27, 2011
Where I want
Well if the only thing keeping him from joining the Habs is that he might prefer to work for the Nords 2.0 we needn't worry because the NHL is in no hurry to return to La Veille Capitale any time soon, if ever. And the longer it takes the higher the cost of the expansion fee (Vegas' was $500 million US; Seattle's is already at $650 million US) Fans in Quebec had better hope for a team like Florida to hit the skids and relocate because at this rate they'll never be able to afford an actual expansion team.

No need to wait for Florida to hit the skids when Calgary and Ottawa are looking for new Arena's deals in there locations.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I'm not sure if Ducharme and Joel are coming in but it's funny hearing Friedman talk about it, it seems like most of people in the World knows what the Habs should be doing except of the dummies in charge.

Anyway if Joel comes in, I hope he's gonna say what's on his mind, especially if his dummy boss does stupid things.

Reactions: BLONG7 and Runner77

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
I'm not sure if Ducharme and Joel are coming in but it's funny hearing Friedman talk about it, it seems like most of people in the World knows what the Habs should be doing except of the dummies in charge.

Anyway if Joel comes in, I hope he's gonna say what's on his mind, especially if his dummy boss does stupid things.

I think if the Habs manage to bring in Bouchard, you can bank on him being honest and saying what's what. He's a straight shooter.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I think if the Habs manage to bring in Bouchard, you can bank on him being honest and saying what's what. He's a straight shooter.
I always liked him when he'd show up on RDS, then one day he made a "sexist" remark to Chantale Machabee on air and we never saw him again.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
??? Never heard of this. What did he say?
Chantale was talking to him on 5 à 7 and he said something like: "Merci ma belle Chantale." I don't remember exactly what he said, but that part I remember cause I burst out laughing and thought to myself, hmmm, she might not like that. It wasn't really bad, but a definite no-no to someone with Machabee's seniority and standing.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Chantale was talking to him on 5 à 7 and he said something like: "Merci ma belle Chantale." I don't remember exactly what he said, but that part I remember cause I burst out laughing and thought to myself, hmmm, she might not like that. It wasn't really bad, but a definite no-no to someone with Machabee's seniority and standing.

Was unknowingly partaking in the #Meat Too movement.

# Erreur sur le Concept

Must be why Bouchard's appearances have been appearing on TVA.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Is he more of an offensive coach or defensive coach?
CJ said they will hire an assistant-coach to work on the defense. So unless Bouchard is a defensive coach, he will likely be the Laval head coach instead

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Is he more of an offensive coach or defensive coach?
CJ said they will hire an assistant-coach to work on the defense. So unless Bouchard is a defensive coach, he will likely be the Laval head coach instead

When he played he was a defenseman.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Does anyone think it's more than a coincidence that the last couple or three guys that the Habs have signed out of the Q have been players from Bouchard's team?

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
Does anyone think it's more than a coincidence that the last couple or three guys that the Habs have signed out of the Q have been players from Bouchard's team?
Obvious.. Putting success in the team before he did well so maybe the best of all so therefore it is obvious

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
When he worked for RDS, Bouchard was my favorite sports guy on TV (english or french). A great teacher of the sport. I think he ends up as the habs coach or gm at some point.
Hopefully he comes on as a replacement for Rick Duds and Molson has him put a ton of pressure on MB to get results, asap.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
All Habs fans have to be hoping that Bouchard is being hired to develop our young prospects properly. Enough of the poor team play, having great young minds that are already showing their capabilities in the Q, should be a priority IMHO!!!...:devdance::devdance::devdance:

Bouchard would be hired to coach our AHL team and create a winning environment. DLR, Hudon, Scherbak, Juulsen have turned into who they were projected to be and are still improving. McCarron has been a disappointment but development is on him and he should not of been a 1st round pick. That was just a bad draft pick.

Expecting a coach to develop players is a myth. The coaches job is to facilitate a winning environment and coaching strategy that results into wins... this is where Sly failed. DLR, Hudon, Scherbak, Juulsen has turned out fine. Development is on the players for the most part. An organization can only do so much with individual player development. If you disagree.... Who have we failed at developing?

Bouchard would be a great hire for our AHL team and it gives him a solid challenge to turn that team around. His main goal should be to create a winning environment and to push the young kids to improve and work hard at the parts of their game that need improvement. If the kid don't produce, that's not on Sly or Bouchard. That has a lot to do with lack of skill in our prospect pool.

If a guy can come in Laval and turn our team into a playoff team, their resume for a future NHL coach just got that much better! It's going to be a challenge. The D is not very good on that Laval roster IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad