Speculation: Joel Bouchard coming to the Habs org? 98.5fm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Makes sense...groom him to replace Bergevin in a 2-3-4 years...

The logical ascension should be (and all this depends on how successful the changes are and the team is), that Bouchard becomes Assistant GM/AHL GM and Ducharme becomes AHL coach. They're groomed to where they can becomes Habs GM and Habs coach. Meanwhile Bergevin becomes President of Hockey Ops and Julien maybe moves into a consultant position.

Everybody moves up. But this all depends on how well these changes go and especially how well the team does.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
according to several source in the Armada organization, Joel Bouchard will not be back next year... I can't confirme it at 100 % but my sources are pretty solide when where talking about the Armada organization ..

Not discrediting you again, no idea what will happen. My source tells me that he believes Bouchard will be back with the Armada. And that he thinks that Bouchard is linked immensely to Quebecor...so the Nords comes back he would have been more enclined to leave the Armada but Habs? He doesn't think so. So we'll wait and see. I really hopes he does join the team. If Bouchard joins the Habs, let just say that I will understand that my source has more insides with the players than the management....;)

But just as far as today is concerned, I just can't confirm it.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Not discrediting you again, no idea what will happen. My source tells me that he believes Bouchard will be back with the Armada. And that he thinks that Bouchard is linked immensely to Quebecor...so the Nords comes back he would have been more enclined to leave the Armada but Habs? He doesn't think so. So we'll wait and see. I really hopes he does join the team. If Bouchard joins the Habs, let just say that I will understand that my source has more insides with the players than the management....;)

the plan for Bouchard has always been Quebec but I think he realized that it's not close to happen and that he will take experience as assistant GM and Rocket GM

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
the plan for Bouchard has always been Quebec but I think he realized that it's not close to happen and that he will take experience as assistant GM and Rocket GM

Let's hope it will. Though, again, I personnally prefer Bouchard teaching. Bouchard's place right now is behind a bench.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Well if the only thing keeping him from joining the Habs is that he might prefer to work for the Nords 2.0 we needn't worry because the NHL is in no hurry to return to La Veille Capitale any time soon, if ever. And the longer it takes the higher the cost of the expansion fee (Vegas' was $500 million US; Seattle's is already at $650 million US) Fans in Quebec had better hope for a team like Florida to hit the skids and relocate because at this rate they'll never be able to afford an actual expansion team.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
@DLCoulisses
AbonnéAbonné à @DLCoulisses
Plus
Après avoir jasé avec une personne digne de confiance, je ne miserais pas beaucoup sur le futur de Larry Carrière avec l'organisation du Canadien...

mmmm...

Reactions: Andrei79

PecnoTrunk

Dec 20, 2014

Forget about the Nordics coming back

As long as Bettman is head of NHL the Nordics are dead in the water

Bettman is pro American cities

Won't happen until Bettman quits

Sorry to say but that's reality

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island

Wouldn't surprise me to see the Sens fold at some point and move to Quebec.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

CAD vs USD is a big factor as well. Think about the timing of when the Jets came back and Quebec building a new rink. I believe the CAD was doing very well at that point

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Oil is never coming back.

Not that it matters for the loonie going forward.

OPEC tends to screw around with the market from time to time and when they do limit production, price goes up and Canada’s oil sands becomes a player again. Infrastructure is there and it’s bound to happen at some point again. Pipeline to the east and west coast will help us open new oil markets too. Only a matter of time but it may take a while.

Regardless, Canada needs be more diverse and increase our population and dependability towards the states.

Until then, expect the CAD to stay where it’s at and Quebec is without a NHL team. Same goes with the Expos. Going to take some very deep pockets and commitment if they want a professional sports team now vs in the future

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Could be Friedman just connecting dots, but he seems to have his ear to the ground in respect of what the Habs may be doing about Laval.

In this week's 31 thoughts, he wrote:

Dominique Ducharme is GM and coach of QMJHL Drummondville, down 2-1 to Victoriaville in the Quebec League playoffs. Joel Bouchard is president and GM of Blainville-Boisbriand, up 3-0 on Moncton. Will either or both have a role with the Montreal Canadiens when their junior seasons end?

31 Thoughts: This might be the most difficult NHL Awards race ever - Sportsnet.ca

Reactions: jaffy27

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Too bad that Julien has a contract for 4 more years ....

Bouchard would be my man right now as head coach. Complete package: knowledge, great motivator, very good technicaly, charisma, good communicator

Again , a classic October 18 2017:

Joël Bouchard vilipende ses joueurs - TVA Sports

Getting him or Dom Ducharme to coach in Laval would be ideal right now, they'd help develop our young guys better then in a couple of years we'd have a replacement for Julien when he's inevitably fired in the future. Tampa/Boston have had great success with Cooper/Cassidy who started off coaching a lot of their younger guys in the AHL.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
@Vachon23 & @Whitesnake

Any new info you guys can share?

Also, are the Habs in on Alexandre Alain as some rumors say? We know he was invited to last year's camp. But sometimes players get invited and nothing happens in the end. Is the interest still legit?

Jul 6, 2016
@Vachon23 & @Whitesnake

Any new info you guys can share?

Also, are the Habs in on Alexandre Alain as some rumors say? We know he was invited to last year's camp. But sometimes players get invited and nothing happens in the end. Is the interest still legit?

They missed on Barré-Boulet. I hope they gonna give a chance to Alain and Galipeau, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->