Speculation: Joel Bouchard coming to the Habs org? 98.5fm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
according to several source in the Armada organization, Joel Bouchard will not be back next year... I can't confirme it at 100 % but my sources are pretty solide when where talking about the Armada organization ..

I will try to confirm it. As far as the Armada is concerned, I'm not too bad myself....Will be back in a few....

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Bouchard is a great motivator and he is so good technically.

With the Armada, often he had a very poor team on paper at the starts of the season and he did some miracles with them.

I am remember that i loved him so much as an analyst on RDS beteween periods. Sometimes he was analyst on the Senators game on RDS too

...in my view he is the best that RDS have ever had so far...a lot better technically than Marc Denis. My wife loved him too but for other reasons..lol

The habs needs that guy and he is ready. He deserves this and it's not because he is French .

If the Habs were not stuck with Julien's contract I would give him the job in a heartbeat

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Bouchard is a great motivator and he is so good technically.

With the Armada, often he had a very poor team on paper at the starts of the season and he did some miracles with them.

I am remember that i loved him so much as an analyst on RDS beteween periods. Sometimes he was analyst on the Senators game on RDS too

...in my view he is the best that RDS have ever had so far...a lot better technically than Marc Denis. My wife loved him too but for other reasons..lol

The habs needs that guy and he is ready. He deserves this and it's not because he is French .

If the Habs were not stuck with Julien's contract I would give him the job in a heartbeat

I don't think that it's in the coaching staff that he will go but in the management !
I will try to confirm it. As far as the Armada is concerned, I'm not too bad myself....Will be back in a few....

you can check ! I'm pretty confident because they are 4 different personne that say it to me

Jul 6, 2016
Bouchard must be hired in some key position: for sure AHL coach or GM. Ideally in a year or two: Habs GM or head coach. Ducharme could be the head coach too over there in Laval

I would like Julien BriseBois as Habs GM.

And IF Patrick Roy becomes someday Prez, Hockey operations, I am pretty sure he,s gonna push to hire Groulx who is coaching Syracuse, the TB farm team.

Let's bring some real brains, please !

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
don't know I can't even confirme that it's with the Habs I just know that next year he will not be back.. but I think that he will come to replace Carriere as assistant-GM + Laval GM

Makes sense...groom him to replace Bergevin in a 2-3-4 years...

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Bouchard must be hired in some key position: for sure AHL coach or GM. Ideally in a year or two: Habs GM or head coach. Ducharme could be the head coach too over there in Laval

I would like Julien BriseBois as Habs GM.

And IF Patrick Roy becomes someday Prez, Hockey operations, I am pretty sure he,s gonna push to hire Groulx who is coaching Syracuse, the TB farm team.

Let's bring some real brains, please !

if Bouchard become Rockets GM, it's sure that Ducharme is coming coaching the Rockets ! They are really close

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
There’s no reason not to bring him and Ducharme into the organization. Money is never an issue and they are locals. There won’t be many Head Coaches fired in the NHL, if any, so I doubt Ducharme gets a job right away in the bigs. Laval would be a great step for him.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
I would be surprise if Bouchard accepts a Rocket GM job. What is a farm GM job anyway? Chances are if he does take that job, it has to come with assistant GM. Personnally, I would prefer to see him being a bench. Ducharme-Bouchard behind a AHL bench. Or Ducharme in charge of the Rocket (head coach and GM) and Bouchard assistant coach in the NHL. But Bouchard solely a GM farm team job is a waste of talent.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
If he aint related to Geoff, Bergy or Shawzie, they aren't coming here. Goes against the rules of the old boys club.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I would be surprise if Bouchard accepts a Rocket GM job. What is a farm GM job anyway? Chances are if he does take that job, it has to come with assistant GM. Personnally, I would prefer to see him being a bench. Ducharme-Bouchard behind a AHL bench. Or Ducharme in charge of the Rocket (head coach and GM) and Bouchard assistant coach in the NHL. But Bouchard solely a GM farm team job is a waste of talent.

if he come i'm about sure that he will be Assistant GM + Laval Gm

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
I hope you are right. Given the internal constraints the team has placed upon itself, I'd like them to actually have something of a succession plan in place with credible people.

Can you imagine if Julien decided right now he's had enough of coaching and he was going to just retire? Who would we get? Sly? JJD? Roy? Therrible V. 3.0?

[MOD]
Probably either Boucher or Vigneault 2.0 depending on which one of them gets fired from their current gig first.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Love his Boogie Nights hair. I wonder if thats the name of the hair transplant procedure he had done? Or was it the Reed Rothchild special?
Screen_Shot_2012_07_26_at_1.06.40_PM_808336.png
"Feel, feel, feel, feel the heeeeaat!"

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003

The typo was not being a bench. The typo was the fact that Lefebvre's name had to be there instead....:sarcasm:

Reactions: McTusk

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Bergy fired? Dudley going? or management in Laval?

Take make the jump strait to the NHL would be just too much for him IMO.
I think him managing Laval would be a fantastic start and pretty much have him learn the ropes there.
Once that is done, he will have the experience and have worked with most prospects who will have passed by Laval and ready for the next step.
Pretty much the same road Julien Brisebois took but we will "raise" our own

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad