Speculation: Joel Bouchard coming to the Habs org? 98.5fm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Let's hope so. Yet...who the heck came with that rumor of Lefebvre in the NHL with the Habs...how incredibly dumb would that be.....Will Lefebvre replace Daigneault? Will Mr.Magoo be replacing Chris Lee?

I never saw it until I read it from Carrière's propaganda in that piece.

habs73

Jul 29, 2006
Let's hope so. Yet...who the heck came with that rumor of Lefebvre in the NHL with the Habs...how incredibly dumb would that be.....Will Lefebvre replace Daigneault? Will Mr.Magoo be replacing Chris Lee?

I have a feeling that rumor started from the mouth of Tony Marinaro, he stated one day that Lefebvre was a good NHL assistant coach from his time in Colorado, that maybe he would be an option to replace JJ. Like shifting chairs on the Titanic...

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
I have a feeling that rumor started from the mouth of Tony Marinaro, he stated one day that Lefebvre was a good NHL assistant coach from his time in Colorado, that maybe he would be an option to replace JJ. Like shifting chairs on the Titanic...

Replacing JJ with Sly and Sly with Bouchard is still a net positive for us. Take the small victories.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
How about when Therrien used to do the same thing? Was that also awesome?
please.

Therrien wouldn't mention how he loves his players while grilling them like that.
Therrien wouldn't see losing as a positive experience to build on.
Therrien wouldn't be able to articulate a single original thought.
Therrien just sucks, one of the worst sports communicators I've ever seen.

but why the F are we talking about therrien anyways?

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Add Dubas and the other Hunter to that team and that's our best bet at finally having competent, progressive-minded management.
I think Dubas stays with the Leafs. But adding in the other Hunter along with Ducharme, Bouchard and Brisebois would be massive. And while we are at it, we should go for Halifax Mooseheads scouts and the Knights too.

Last edited:

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
Honest question despite how I'm going to word it: What makes Bouchard different from the other "plugs" already in this team's management? What has made the Armada successful the last couple of seasons? Did they get to the Q final last year with a lockdown style or did they dictate play? etc

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
please.

Therrien wouldn't mention how he loves his players while grilling them like that.
Therrien wouldn't see losing as a positive experience to build on.
Therrien wouldn't be able to articulate a single original thought.
Therrien just sucks, one of the worst sports communicators I've ever seen.

but why the F are we talking about therrien anyways?

Maybe we were talking about Bif Tannen?

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
One of the toughest thing for a manager to do is hire someone who is his potential replacement, especially for insecure managers. Successful companies/teams have succession plans, MB has seemed to hire everyone with a secret handshake that they stay where they are, it's the main reason why I think Big Bird wasn't welcome to the Foxhole. I was shocked to even see Muller back but that seemed to be an olive branch to appease the English speaking fans more than anything else. I only know Bouchard from watching him play a couple of seasons when I lived in Calgary but something needs to change. Would be great to get him and Ducharme in some capacity and push a couple of the hanger-ons out to pasture

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
I think Dubas stays with the Leafs. But adding in the other Hunter along with Ducharme, Bouchard and Brisebois would be massive. And while we are at it, we should go for Halifax Mooseheads scouts and the Knights too.
Fo' sho. I've said this already but they gotta bring in whoever Halifax has doing their import drafts.

Reactions: Runner77

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Well I know Dave Hunter really well but that's probably not the other Hunter you're after :laugh:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Haven't heard that expression in ages. Think the last time was in Tropic Thunder.

Haven't used it in a long time, either. I am inspired by Tighthead, who I've seen write the most seldom used expressions, like "pound salt" and "crestfallen". Everything old is new again when you haven't seen it in a while, I suppose.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Bouchard could be a leading candidate as future GM a few years down the road. Because guys who won everywhere they have been have a history of keep winning. The last 10 Cups, 9 have been won by GMs who have won it before. Most all GMs have good attributes but the ability of putting it all together to win is another skill. Why he would be a better candidate than a Julien Brisebois type. Brisebois likely is another Bergevin.

Like Brisebois, Bergevin was very successful under the Bowmans in the Black Hawks organization, both in amateur and pro scouting and assist GM. Skills he used here as he found some good talent...Paul Byron, Michael Ryder, Dale Weise, Neimi, Weaver, etc... a long list. But he never had the skill to put it all together. Takes another type of skill to do that.

Also, I think Lefebrve should be moved from Laval to defenseman coach, replacing Daigneault. Lefebvre was successful as defenseman coach before but couldn't run his own team. JJD should be canned. Because the defense has underplayed this season. Carriere should move on or another position. Joel Bouchard should be new Assit. GM. Rick Dudley should be replaced but I don't know by who yet??

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
If Bouchard is brought in, I suspect it'll be as AHL coach.

Larry Carrière dresse un bilan positif

Wait, what -- there's a rumor that says that Lefebvre could return to the NHL as an assistant with the Habs? :laugh:

Sure sign of the Apocalypse if we see that.

Just when you think we've scraped the bottom of the barrel, these nincompoops keep exposing another level. What a clown show.

Lefebvre? His lifetime record as a coach is abysmal. His development record is not much better. He's also at the rotting core of the nepotistic hires and re-signings.

Sly is going to come in as associate coach. On his business card, it'll say 'SYLVAIN LEFEBVRE - ASS COACH' :sarcasm:

Reactions: groovejuice

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Sly is going to come in as associate coach. On his business card, it'll say 'SYLVAIN LEFEBVRE - ASS COACH' :sarcasm:

flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg

durojean

May 29, 2007
Bouchard could be a leading candidate as future GM a few years down the road. Because guys who won everywhere they have been have a history of keep winning. The last 10 Cups, 9 have been won by GMs who have won it before. Most all GMs have good attributes but the ability of putting it all together to win is another skill. Why he would be a better candidate than a Julien Brisebois type. Brisebois likely is another Bergevin.

Like Brisebois, Bergevin was very successful under the Bowmans in the Black Hawks organization, both in amateur and pro scouting and assist GM. Skills he used here as he found some good talent...Paul Byron, Michael Ryder, Dale Weise, Neimi, Weaver, etc... a long list. But he never had the skill to put it all together. Takes another type of skill to do that.

Also, I think Lefebrve should be moved from Laval to defenseman coach, replacing Daigneault. Lefebvre was successful as defenseman coach before but couldn't run his own team. JJD should be canned. Because the defense has underplayed this season. Carriere should move on or another position. Joel Bouchard should be new Assit. GM. Rick Dudley should be replaced but I don't know by who yet??

Lefevbre was not a good assistant coach in Colorado. I seem to remember that the fans weren't happy with him and his contribution.

That was one of the reason why his wire was already seen as a flop.

Reactions: Runner77

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
best remplacement for JJD could probable be Mike Kitchen. Alote of experience ! was with the Hawks dynasties and worked with Chris Pronger when he was in his prime

Reactions: McTusk

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
according to several source in the Armada organization, Joel Bouchard will not be back next year... I can't confirme it at 100 % but my sources are pretty solide when where talking about the Armada organization ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->