Speculation: Joel Bouchard coming to the Habs org? 98.5fm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
This could be a good move for the Habs........what about Rick Dudley? Isn't the current asst GM? If it means Sly is done in Laval, this could be great!

Sly's carreer in Laval is over.... BUT.. He could very well be the new assistant-coach in charge of the D for the Habs !!!!!
Mark my words.

OlegPetrov13

Mar 20, 2018
That would be great! Bouchard has always been great technically and this would help in developping our prospects. He also was involved in the national junior team for the last two editions. Im sure it comes with some prospect knowledge that Bergevin could use.

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
If Bergevin brings in Bouchard hes the stupidest ****er ever. Thatd be the end of him.

Theres a reason why his assistant GMs are all anglos and larry Carriere.

Who says Bergevin is the one bringing him in? Molson might've just hired Bergevin replacement. I could see Bouchard being A-GM for next year or two to get some training and take over afterwards. Molson is stuck paying Bergevin until 2022 anyway.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Who says Bergevin is the one bringing him in? Molson might've just hired Bergevin replacement. I could see Bouchard being A-GM for next year or two to get some training and take over afterwards. Molson is stuck paying Bergevin until 2022 anyway.

Thatd be the right move.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Dick Studly, remains in his position as VP of hair restoration, for now

Love his Boogie Nights hair. I wonder if thats the name of the hair transplant procedure he had done? Or was it the Reed Rothchild special?
Screen_Shot_2012_07_26_at_1.06.40_PM_808336.png

Reactions: Laurentide

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I can't open the Radio Ego link however, this is second hand info.

I listened to the audio where this supposed info came from, when Mario Langue-sale (Langlois) speculated on Paul Houde's show, that he thought this might happen. It sounded a lot more like wishful thinking than it did like a decided outcome.

I not only listened to it but posted exactly what Langlois said and the caveats he used in the Bergevin thread.

Even in the link provided in this thread, the quote being used contains caveats:

"forte possibilité"
"c'est écrit dans le ciel"
''c'est une réflection qui fait suite au"

When I listened to Langue-sale mentioning this on 98.5FM, it sounded as if he was connecting dots and sounded more like he thought it would happen cause it makes sense for it to happen. When someone says "it's written in the sky" that such and such event will happen, they're not sitting on information, they're speculating.

It's way too obvious for someone to say something like this. Lefebvre is a dead duck in a season where the parent club is in shambles and how his appointment was contested from the get-go. Clearly, were it not for Bergevin, he should have never been extended -- he's an obvious weak link on a short leash. Then you extrapolate from what Molson said how every part of the organization needs to be re-evaluated, so the first thing you think about is how Bergevin shouldn't be able to to defend Lefebvre again.

Last edited:

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
If Bergevin brings in Bouchard hes the stupidest ****er ever. Thatd be the end of him.

To be fair seems kind of like MB is screwed either way with the logic.

If he doesn't bring him in(if available) then people will say he's doing something bad and is stupid.

If he does, he's stupid.

I prefer he does, because it would suggest despite his failures he is still doing whats good for the habs, not him.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I can't open the Radio Ego link however, this is second hand info.

I listened to the audio where this supposed info came from, when Mario Langue-sale (Langlois) speculated on Paul Houde's show, that he thought this might happen. It sounded a lot more like wishful thinking than it did like a decided outcome.

I not only listened to it but posted exactly what Langlois said and the caveats he used in the Bergevin thread.

Even in the link provided in this thread, the quote being used contains caveats:

"forte possibilité"
"c'est écrit dans le ciel"
''c'est une réflection qui fait suite au"

When I listened to Langue-sale mentioning this on 98.5FM, it sounded as if he was connecting dots and sounded more like he thought it would happen cause it makes sense for it to happen. When someone says "it's written in the sky" that such and such event will happen, they're not sitting on information, they're speculating.

It's way too obvious for someone to say something like this. Lefebvre is a dead duck in a season where the parent club is in shambles and how his appointment was contested from the get-go. Clearly, were it not for Bergevin, he should have never been extended -- he's an obvious weak link on a short leash. Then you extrapolate from what Molson said how every part of the organization needs to be re-evaluated, so the first thing you think about is how Bergevin shouldn't be able to to defend Lefebvre again.
Langue sale :laugh:

Reactions: Runner77

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Which coaches/management need new contracts? Is there anywhere we can find out who would need to be extended this year?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If he can bring Ducharme with him that'd be even better.

Several of us were wishing for exactly that, since last summer at least. Ducharme and Bouchard have been recurring names here over several years, as I recall. Lefebvre was always contested on HF, since his hiring. He had no pedigree, proved nothing and wasn't even able to land an assistant coaching job at the NHL level last summer. From what was reported, he only got one opportunity and even at that, it was awkward -- it was put together via an agent he shares with Phil Housley.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Big fan of Bouchard. He's a smart man.

Which is exactly why I'm skeptical. Would someone smart actually want to be involved with this shitshow? Only way he enters the fold if he first and foremost passes the litmus test of being considered a close enough friend to enter the circle of Bergevin disciples.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Bringing in Ducharme, Vincent, Brisebois, Savard and Bouchard would be great IMO.

Id be open to keeping Julien if he wants to work with the group

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

You raise an excellent point. I won't delve into the language morass but the whole idea of being a GM surrounding himself with individuals who are not able to challenge his decisions, is on a surefire path to self-destruction, unless of course his overseer is Geoff and doesn't have enough of a handle on events to know that his GM is a fraud.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
You raise an excellent point. I won't delve into the language morass but the whole idea of being a GM and surrounding yourself with individuals who are not able to challenge your decisions, is a surefire path to self-destruction. A GM who nominates inferior or heavily flawed individuals at key positions, is on a path to self-destruction, unless of course his overseer is Geoff and doesn't have enough of handle on events to know that his GM is a fraud.

The language parr is mainly to ensure theres no suitable replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad