Joe Thornton fined $5000

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Apparently not. Nhl.com doesn't have it. And nobody has been able to find one to post on the main boards either.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
I watched the game and I didn't see it. Kinda weird but we've all seen Jumbo get some good whacks in so I'm sure it was deserved haha

nabbyfan

Oct 4, 2007
Santa Clarita, CA
Jumbo lost it at the end of the second when he got tossed from the face off in the offensive zone. He was jawing at the linesman and tacking runs at/hacking people his whole way up the ice until he was penalized w 2 seconds left or whatever it was. I imagine the slash happened in that sequence of Angry Jumbo

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
It happened off camera in the broadcast. I doubt they got it on another camera either since they did not go back to a replay on the incident.

It happend as the Sharks were transitioning, and Johnsson was holding JT's stick through much of the neutral zone (which was not called) right before which was all we saw.

Jumbo lost it at the end of the second when he got tossed from the face off in the offensive zone. He was jawing at the linesman and tacking runs at/hacking people his whole way up the ice until he was penalized w 2 seconds left or whatever it was. I imagine the slash happened in that sequence of Angry Jumbo

That was precursor. JT got tossed from the face off for what I thought was no good reason other than he completely dominated the Lighting in FOWs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phu

TrappedInFullerton

Murray SMASH
Apr 19, 2006
It happened off camera in the broadcast. I doubt they got it on another camera either since they did not go back to a replay on the incident.

It happend as the Sharks were transitioning, and Johnsson was holding JT's stick through much of the neutral zone (which was not called) right before which was all we saw.

That was precursor. JT got tossed from the face off for what I thought was no good reason other than he completely dominated the Lighting in FOWs.

Just watched the play. Starts with 16 seconds left in the 2nd period. The puck is in Lightning end and is moving out. Thornton is skating after the puck and Tyler Johnson clear as day hooks and interferes with Thornton who is probably still pissed from 1. getting tossed from faceoff and 2. not getting any penalty calls for the second game in a row on blatant penalties. Thornton then interferes with Johnson as they go through the neutral zone a little bit and Johnson responds by grabbing Thornton's stick. After they enter the Sharks' zone, with 8 seconds remaining in the period, Thornton slashes Johnson hard on the back of the leg (probably still thinking the refs aren't calling shit) and follows up with a cross check to Johnson's head.

Thornton definitely lost his cool there, but the refs, for the second game in a row, were incapable of calling anything on the team not named the Sharks.

Reactions: Phu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad