Joakim andersson info

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
he is kind of an all-round player. can play both offense and defense very good. he is very good mentaly and anticipates the play very good. he plays on the PK and does very good there. good hands and great passing skills. he's shot is ok, but needs improvement. not a bad skater, but not a very good one either. needs to work a lot on that. he is very big, but doesnt use he's great frame as much as he should.

all-round andersson is better then backlund, but backlund is a much better skater and more dangerous offensively. backlund needs to work on the defensive part of the game.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Thanks man! I know the wings love swedish prospects so any chance they go after andersson/backlund?

i have been hoping for andersson for a long time. i was hoping he would fly under the radar so the wings could pick him up somewhere between 20-30. but he sky rocketed in the latest ranking from late 20's to around 13-14. i was really disappointed when i saw that ranking. but hopefully he slips to detroit. i would also love for them to pick backlund. i really like them both a lot.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Lol but you got to admit redwingsfan that the wings know what to do at the draft table! What you think of jakub kindl? Are wings high on him?

yeah. we are usually able to pick up something good in the later rounds. like zetterberg and datsyuk, but no one knew who they where when they got drafted. what i want (being a prospct nut) is a top prospect in the range of kessel or toews. something like that. kindl is ok. he was ranked higher at the start of he's draft year, but ended up at #19. he has developed an offensive side to he's game wich wasnt there when we drafted him. he will probably end up as a solid two-way 3-4 d-man. he is not spectacular but very solid. i dont talk to the guys on the wings board. i use most mt HF time on the prospcet board so i dont really know what the average wings fan think of him, but i like him. i wanted rask, bergfors, cogliano, oshie and downie more, but i guess im happy we didnt pick someone like pelech or finley.

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
overall. yes. backlund is a lightning fast offenisve player. that pretty much it. andersson can play in all situations.

It depends on how far he rises and how far the Canucks go in the playoffs, but Thomas Gradin will likely have Andersson well scouted, and the 'nucks are thin at centre.

Does he play physical or does he tend to be a perimeter player?

vincetheprince

Mar 28, 2007
For the Red Wings fan, what do you think are the numbers Andersson and Backlund in their primein the NHL.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
It depends on how far he rises and how far the Canucks go in the playoffs, but Thomas Gradin will likely have Andersson well scouted, and the 'nucks are thin at centre.

Does he play physical or does he tend to be a perimeter player?

he has the size to play physichal, but he needs to learn that he is big and that he's size can help he's game. skating and using he's body is the two primary things he needs to work on.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
For the Red Wings fan, what do you think are the numbers Andersson and Backlund in their primein the NHL.

if they reach their max potential i see these kind of numbers in their prime.

backlund. 35 goals and 45 assists. he's defensive play will likely improve, but he will never be a very good player defensively.

andersson. 30 goals. 35 assists. very good two way game. will likely see more ice-time then backlund.

Yann

Apr 4, 2007
Ontario
Lol but you got to admit redwingsfan that the wings know what to do at the draft table! What you think of jakub kindl? Are wings high on him?

I'm not a Wings fan but I really like Jakub Kindl, I think he has good upside, good size at 6-3, you'd like him to get a bit more physical because of his size.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->