GDT: Jimmy Hayes Plays - New Jersey Devils at New York Rangers 7PM MSG+, MSG2

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
I dont like when the goalie calls out the players like that. Thats Lundqvist level garbage.

Me, it doesn't bother me a bit. If players want nice Christmas Carols and sweet whispers from their goalie, play hard in front of him. Ever seen how soccer goalies shout at his players when they mess up? Just the culture of goalies.

Reactions: mdj12784

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Me, it doesn't bother me a bit. If players want nice Christmas Carols and sweet whispers from their goalie, play hard in front of him. Ever seen how soccer goalies shout at his players when they mess up? Just the culture of goalies.

that isnt the culture of NHL goalies, unless your name is Henrik Lundqvist

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
You clearly dont watch enough MSG Rangers post(loss)-games.

Admit that these days I don't watch Rangers games at all. I used to though, and heard LQ says "it starts with me" so many times when it's actually not even correct. He has carried that team year in and year out why should he sit and play false-nice?

The one time he actually completely dissed the Rangers D was in the World Cup when he said after a shutout that "First I just have to say how incredible it is to have defensemen in front of me where I know what they will do and it makes sense", lol.

Kinkaid's comments were nothing. I can't imagine anybody on the team upset with him saying it.

Just imagine being a goalie and right in front of you players are going to wrong places, and then you have to stand there digging the puck out of the net.

Last edited:

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
What exactly did Kinkaid say anyway? I wasn't really paying attention to the post game stuff last night.

“I don’t think we gave ourselves a chance at all,” said goalie Keith Kinkaid, who made 34 saves, several of them spectacular ones. “You look at the turnovers and the chances we gave up. And their penalty kill outworked our power play. It was frustrating. Hopefully it’s a wake-up call,” Kinkaid added. “We’ve got to figure it out.”

“The play should’ve never happened,” Kinkaid added

*The last quote was regarding Severson getting stripped of the puck.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
So, he was being honest? What an idiot. He should have just given the usual cliche answers instead.

It really wasn't bad, I think he was just frustrated there. Nothing like Lundpads trashing his Dmen, I can't believe how many times I've seen him sell his team mates out in interviews lol.

Reactions: mdj12784

Camille the Eel

“I don’t think we gave ourselves a chance at all,” said goalie Keith Kinkaid, who made 34 saves, several of them spectacular ones. “You look at the turnovers and the chances we gave up. And their penalty kill outworked our power play. It was frustrating. Hopefully it’s a wake-up call,” Kinkaid added. “We’ve got to figure it out.”

“The play should’ve never happened,” Kinkaid added

*The last quote was regarding Severson getting stripped of the puck.
The same last sentence - it should never have happened" - re Severson could have been said by Corey re Santini getting stripped of the puck by Panarin the prior night, leading to Columbus' first goal. Two egregious mistakes, both very very very soft plays by our defenseman.

Reactions: Devils Dominion

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Kink may have beaten Cbj and the team would have been in a better mindset Saturday

well, I don’t necessarily disagree that kinkaid should’ve started vs the BJ’s and schneider should’ve started vs the rangers. but it doesn’t matter who was in net Saturday, you can’t blame the goalie for such a weak team performance. to be honest though, I’m glad it happened. management needs to know that there are some serious flaws with this team, which may have been overlooked as a result of our early season success. what’s troubling though, is that it doesn’t seem to be talent related. it’s mental. stupid defensive mistakes and lack of energy. seeing lovejoy clear a puck out of the zone on the high glass was norris-worthy compared to what I saw Saturday (and for stretches against the BJ’s)

Reactions: Bleedred

HoliksGhost

Oct 24, 2007
Zajac - last 2 games, worse I've seen him play.

Henrique trade - decision made assuming Palmeri is actually in the line up, won't judge until Palms is playing

Camille the Eel

While we are surely adjusting to Henrique's absence and adding Vatanan, the issue in both the Columbus and Ranger games was players not covering their assignments, not knowing who to cover, several guys going to defend one guy, leaving the others open, other guys standing around and just watching the puck, meanwhile someone comes in late on the rush all alone. Time and again.

Not picking up the trailers. Two guys rushing to the puck carrier, another standing in outer space, meanwhile somebody's wide open in front of the net or in the high slot coming in late.

We don't seem to be clear on our system at the moment. If it's man or zone sometimes. Front of the net left wide open on some occasions.

It's just a total breakdown of the defensive scheme.

Now that's a coaching issue actually. Hynes needs to get things simplified and get everyone on the same page.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I posted here that Trav looked shot after 5 games.
He's looked even worse since.

Not as cooked as Ruutu but on par with Ryder and Richer Part 2.

Something tells me symptoms from Zajac’s injury are lingering. Hard to believe he’s 100% and playing this poorly now that he’s gotten the warmup games under his belt.

Reactions: Devils Dominion

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
While we are surely adjusting to Henrique's absence and adding Vatanan, the issue in both the Columbus and Ranger games was players not covering their assignments, not knowing who to cover, several guys going to defend one guy, leaving the others open, other guys standing around and just watching the puck, meanwhile someone comes in late on the rush all alone. Time and again.

Not picking up the trailers. Two guys rushing to the puck carrier, another standing in outer space, meanwhile somebody's wide open in front of the net or in the high slot coming in late.

We don't seem to be clear on our system at the moment. If it's man or zone sometimes. Front of the net left wide open on some occasions.

It's just a total breakdown of the defensive scheme.

Now that's a coaching issue actually. Hynes needs to get things simplified and get everyone on the same page.
Um it’s been like this for three years. Defensive strategy is garbage. This coaching staff is mediocre at best.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
Yes and it's total bullshit. Tim Howard is one of the most egregious offenders when it comes to keepers abusing their defenders. Plenty of times the goal is on the keeper but you don't see him say that one's on me, he turns to his backline and curses them off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad