Waived: Jimmy Hayes for buy-out

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
You get a buyout you get a buyout you get a buyout.

Is this all to clear space for tomorrow? Ironic that bad decisions are becoming buyouts in order to make room to make more bad decisions.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
At least it's only one year at $2.6m. Not sure why they couldn't have just buried him in Providence because it would be the same difference on the cap and it would be over after a year.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I really don't understand the Devils one. They already have a boatload of capspace and no forwards.

Unless they plan on signing half the UFA forwards available this makes no sense.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
His cap buyout is a lot smaller than I thought. Only like $560K this year and $850K the next. Good riddance you waste of size.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I'll take Jimmy Hayes on the Devils. We need a good RWer so bad. For the right contract he could be a good fit for us.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I would totally take a shot on Jimmy Hayes on a buy low candidate. Just a bad fit last season.

He was awful the year before and when in Florida he was healthy scratch often as he was prone to vanish for long stretches

Guy is not that good

I'll take Jimmy Hayes on the Devils. We need a good RWer so bad. For the right contract he could be a good fit for us.

What does that have to do with Hayes? He certainly is not a good RW

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Had high hopes for him coming out of HS.
Still had high hopes for him coming out of BC.
Liked that the B's got him but disappointed in his 1st season.
Didn't like that he got so much hate and hoped that he would have a bounce back season last year but unfortunately, it got worse.

Was utterly useless last year. No skating, no hands, no iq. To his credit, he tried to play tough to win his critics over (though that was often ignored by them), but just doesn't have the tools or the toolbox to be an NHL player.

Pile

May 5, 2015
Chicago
As if the Seguin trade weren't bad enough as it was.

Also a slight bit of poetic justice for Hawks fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad