Jim Hughson is a bad announcer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Westlander

the olden time
Aug 31, 2004
The Netherlands
Stewie-Griffin said:
you've got to be kidding? Joe Bowen is one of the biggest homers ever! I haven't heard him get excited when the other team makes a good play, it's more like he gets excited when the Leafs screw up.

I'm dead serious. Bowen is no worse than any of the other local announcers, and he's better than many. Have you heard the guy in Boston? Colorado? The announcer in Tampa screams as if his team's won the cup with every goal.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Hughson is pretty good. I like the fact that he doesn't have "punch line". All the play by play guys like to have a some kind of punchline like that leaf guy who has that "holy mackinaw" or whatever the hell he does.

And then you have that carolina guy with that stupid "hey hey, what do you say"

The list goes on.

Actually, this is exactly the reason that Hughson doesn't say "Thaaaaats Hockey" anymore because he figured that it started becoming a cliche which he despises.

Hughson just simply announces and doesn't say any cliche or something that would steal the spotlight a bit from the actual game. I respect that.

Golden Slumbers

Dec 26, 2005
Ottawa
I don't mind Hughson, but Millen is brutal. He sucked when he did colour for the Sens, and he sucks now.

It's funny how often those two contradict each other.

shawn_kemp*

I prefer watching without commentators. They're all pretty bad.

Bruins74

IT'S CALLED BRUINS?
Oct 30, 2005
Westlander said:
I'm dead serious. Bowen is no worse than any of the other local announcers, and he's better than many. Have you heard the guy in Boston? Colorado? The announcer in Tampa screams as if his team's won the cup with every goal.

Seriously, "Holy Mackinaw!" Why does he have to say this? He's a complete homer along with Harry Neale. It's hard to watch a game when he touts how great the Leafs are every shift. The Leafs are not a good team and Joe Bowen is not a good announcer.

Rover*

Hughson is the best commentator in hockey. No one really comes close. :handclap:

Meatwad

Feb 17, 2004
Vancouver
I say,

Hughson, Emerick, Cole and that Sabres play by play guy who always makes the games sound entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad