Jim Benning Era Transaction Summary

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Whoever watched film of Sam Gagner and thought it was a good idea to hand him a three-year contract needs to be fired......dollar for dollar, it may be even worse than the Eriksson contract, even though it's for half the money.....no goals now in 22 games....can't check his hat in his own zone and generates zlich on the pp....and two more years of this?

And overall, this might be the worst lineup to close out a season in team history.....one of the most impressive but completely accidental tank jobs ever....on pace for 59 points, which is unimaginable in the salary-cap era of three points games.

ChefBoiRD

Feb 26, 2018
Whoever watched film of Sam Gagner and thought it was a good idea to hand him a three-year contract needs to be fired......dollar for dollar, it may be even worse than the Eriksson contract, even though it's for half the money.....no goals now in 22 games....can't check his hat in his own zone and generates zlich on the pp....and two more years of this?

And overall, this might be the worst lineup to close out a season in team history.....one of the most impressive but completely accidental tank jobs ever....on pace for 59 points, which is unimaginable in the salary-cap era of three points games.

Hey it happens Milan Lucic ended his 29 game goalless drought on March 5th. His contract is twice in term and amount than Gagners contract

It's a drop in the bucket - Gagners contract is

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
Hey it happens Milan Lucic ended his 29 game goalless drought on March 5th. His contract is twice in term and amount than Gagners contract

It's a drop in the bucket - Gagners contract is
When you add Sbisa, Gudbranson, Eriksson, etc. the bucket fills up pretty quick with s***

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Benning needs to do Hutton a favour and get him out of Dodge this off-season.....pretty obvious Green isn't a fan, which likely goes back to his first year in Utica when Hutton showed up on an ATO after his Maine team was eliminated in the NCAA......Green played him, benched him and then there were hints about 'conditioning' and supposedly he was sent back to Vancouver for 'workouts', rather than participate in the Calder Cup playoffs.

Nothing much appears to have changed in three years......still rumblings about Hutton's stamina and conditioning, as well as his off-ice work habits.....guy has just completely regressed this year....he needs to get away from Green, and Green from him. Unfortunately Jimbo will be trading him at the bottom of the market, and his $2.8m salary might not be very attractive if he's a 5-6 d-man.

ChefBoiRD

Feb 26, 2018
Benning needs to do Hutton a favour and get him out of Dodge this off-season.....pretty obvious Green isn't a fan, which likely goes back to his first year in Utica when Hutton showed up on an ATO after his Maine team was eliminated in the NCAA......Green played him, benched him and then there were hints about 'conditioning' and supposedly he was sent back to Vancouver for 'workouts', rather than participate in the Calder Cup playoffs.

Nothing much appears to have changed in three years......still rumblings about Hutton's stamina and conditioning, as well as his off-ice work habits.....guy has just completely regressed this year....he needs to get away from Green, and Green from him. Unfortunately Jimbo will be trading him at the bottom of the market, and his $2.8m salary might not be very attractive if he's a 5-6 d-man.

It's a shame that it's coming down to a players lack of passion for conditioning.

SgtToody

Mar 16, 2013
When push comes to shove, count on the Canucks trading a player at his lowest ebb 9x out of 10... But at least Jimbo's good at stockpiling 3rd-4th liners and 3rd pairing types....

ChefBoiRD

Feb 26, 2018

Hutton should do the Vancouver Canucks a favour and step it up with the dedication to supreme conditioning.

ChefBoiRD

Feb 26, 2018
And jimbob wanted to traded Boeser++ for Lucic. Oh Jimbo.

Aaaaaaaaand Jimbob didn't trade the 1st for Lucic, just like he didn't trade the 2017 1st back in the draft to Vegas for their 6th overall pick, just like he didn't trade the 2016 1st to Montreal for Subban

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Aaaaaaaaand Jimbob didn't trade the 1st for Lucic, just like he didn't trade the 2017 1st back in the draft to Vegas for their 6th overall pick, just like he didn't trade the 2016 1st to Montreal for Subban

Not through lack of effort... he tried to but failed. That might actually be worse.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.

Thank heavens he failed. The opposite of what Benning believes is usually the best course of a action. The sign of terrible GM.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Hey you actually said something that isn't wrong. It's not a favor to the Canucks though but one to his career.

I question how bad his fitness is. I mean was Tryamkin really out of shape? He seemed more than fine. Before a few days ago I heard nothing of this about Hutton. Then look what our team tried to do for Jake and McCann. They gave they a plan and had them come back way to bulked up.

Can we believe anything these guys say when it comes to the actual fitness level of our players? Or is it just an excuse of some sort?

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

The fact that Benning was out-bid for Lucic in 2015 and that Lucic declined our larger UFA offer in 2016 doesn't change a thing about how catastrophic Benning's thought process and decision-making were, and everyone should be terrified that someone capable of making decisions this poor is still in charge of hockey decisions for this team.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
The fact that Benning was out-bid for Lucic in 2015 and that Lucic declined our larger UFA offer in 2016 doesn't change a thing about how catastrophic Benning's thought process and decision-making were, and everyone should be terrified that someone capable of making decisions this poor is still in charge of hockey decisions for this team.

Yes, and even further we should be terrified that the same player will likely be available this off-season via trade and Benning will certainly be involved.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
When you drill down and actually look at the list of d-men the Canucks have traded for or acquired, and in many cases coughed up draft picks for, it's terrifying. Sbisa, Pedan, Clendening, Larsen, Gudbranson, Del Zotto, Pouliot and Holm to name just some......beginning to believe the Canucks pro scouts couldn't find a decent d-man if he was swimming in their 'shark fin soup'.

Reactions: Robongo01

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
When you drill down and actually look at the list of d-men the Canucks have traded for or acquired, and in many cases coughed up draft picks for, it's terrifying. Sbisa, Pedan, Clendening, Larsen, Gudbranson, Del Zotto, Pouliot and Holm to name just some......beginning to believe the Canucks pro scouts couldn't find a decent d-man if he was swimming in their 'shark fin soup'.
What really kills me is that we still managed to lose Tryamkin and Forsling, the only two actually good dmen that have emerged in Vancouver since Benning got here, for literally nothing.

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
Comets fans should thank him and Johnson for getting them a playoff birth with the amount of man games lost to injury.

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
I question how bad his fitness is. I mean was Tryamkin really out of shape? He seemed more than fine. Before a few days ago I heard nothing of this about Hutton. Then look what our team tried to do for Jake and McCann. They gave they a plan and had them come back way to bulked up.

Can we believe anything these guys say when it comes to the actual fitness level of our players? Or is it just an excuse of some sort?

this is what they were basing his fitness on,too.

Last edited:

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

I remember Tryamkin in the pre season games before the 2016-17 season..He was getting turnstiled,and was having guys fly past him..I believe he only got into a couple of games,before they got him on a fitness program.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Playing Anaheim tonight serving up some transaction memory lane

Anaheim drafts Sideroff with the 3rd we trade them in the Kesler trade

We trade the 3rd Anaheim gave us in the Kesler trade to the Rangers for Dorsett. The Rangers select Iverson with that pick

Who won this little 3-way quagmire?

I'm going with Jimbro Benning
What do you mean? Benning would have drafted some elite prospects who can really hammer the puck with those picks, could have been so much better. Gotta love Jimbo though he did us a favour with Dorset, so many intangibility and leadership, just imagine if we had to have some young punk who doesn’t care about fitness and being swole on our 4th line this whole time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->