Jill-bear, Jill-bear :)

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
Harold_Snepps_Rocks said:
Bla Bla Bla....yes Brule walks on water, yes he will be a superstar, yes the other teams that picked first wasted their picks...Let me ask you....what wins Championships...scoring or goaltending.....

Well, with all due respect, Carey Price's goaltending for the Tri-City Americans sat outside of the playoff picture, while Gilbert Brule's all around play sits him 2-0 in the Championship final of the Western Hockey League.

Whoops!

Hordichuk_24

Fedz said:
Well, with all due respect, Carey Price's goaltending for the Tri-City Americans sat outside of the playoff picture, while Gilbert Brule's all around play sits him 2-0 in the Championship final of the Western Hockey League.

Whoops!

While I understand what you are saying, at the same time you can't blame Price for that. He was the only reason Tri-City actually made the playoffs. Well that and the fact that the US division is one of the weakest in the league.

Rise from the Ashes

Price defies corsi
Sep 13, 2005
Pointe-Claire, QC
Hordichuk_24 said:
While I understand what you are saying, at the same time you can't blame Price for that. He was the only reason Tri-City actually made the playoffs. Well that and the fact that the US division is one of the weakest in the league.

amen to that

atreides

Feb 6, 2006
Brule ... Brule ... BRRRRRRRUUUUULLLLEEEE !

Brule ... 6 points (3G & 3A) last night in the whl final ! :handclap:

So ... Ryan and Pouliot before Brule in the last draft ! :shakehead

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
yeah kyle wanvig was awesome in the memorial cup run!!!

LETS ANNOINT HIM THE NEXT ONE!!!!

I love people who judge things based off CHL stats...

Let them play in the NHL before you annoint him the *next*

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Hi.

I scored 320 points over the stretch of three seasons in the WHL. In 78 NHL games, I have 21 points. Who am I?

Bear in mind that I'm NOT saying that Brule will bust, but you scout players for how well they'll do at the NHL level, which, as we've seen, does not always translate from the CHL level.

atreides

Feb 6, 2006
Chrisd said:

Read my message again ! I never said something like "Brule is the next one" ! :huh:

atreides

Feb 6, 2006
I just wanted to say that Brule is playing very well in the WHL series. Not only last night but in general. :handclap:

I don't know his future in the NHL but I take him before Pouliot and Ryan for sure.

It's my opinion and if you don't have the same ... it's ok guys !

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
Just so you guys know. I am by no means saying that Brule is the next one, or is a for sure Rookie of the year, as you see in the original post.

I just can't stand how people take a good, solid thread about Brule, and how he had a great night and turn it into how people ****ed up, and screwed up, etc, etc.

I like Price, and personally am hoping that next year Bonner can SOMEHOW pry him out of Tri-Cities for the Memorial Cup, since the Americans won't even be close for next year's cup, I just like Brule and his potential more.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Fedz said:
Just so you guys know. I am by no means saying that Brule is the next one, or is a for sure Rookie of the year, as you see in the original post.

I just can't stand how people take a good, solid thread about Brule, and how he had a great night and turn it into how people ****ed up, and screwed up, etc, etc.

I like Price, and personally am hoping that next year Bonner can SOMEHOW pry him out of Tri-Cities for the Memorial Cup, since the Americans won't even be close for next year's cup, I just like Brule and his potential more.

It's just that people hates so much Habs' prospects that it always turn out that way. I agree that we should just acknowledge him and that's it.

But again, nobody from the Habs boards was saying that because Locke won those scoring titles that he would become incredible and nobody started a thread saying something like '' who's better than ''Habs prospect''....''

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Fedz said:

Just wanted to make one thing clear..I am by no means saying i don`t like Brule because i think he is fantastic..the only thing that caught my attention is the bad-mouthing of Price who is only turning 19 in August...hes younger then most kids in that draft and after one year is already being called a wasted pick...give me a break. lets wait a few years atleast before we start to say who should have been drafted ahead of who. But Brule is a great player none the less....

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Fedz said:
I'm calling Brule for Rookie of the Year next year......even with Malkin around!

Even heard of a guy named....Alexander Radulov??? :D

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Chrisd said:

He's probably been more impressive on the ice than on the statsheet. Dominating in pretty much every aspect of the game. Just destroyed Everett and is now doing the same to Moose Jaw. Flat-out awesome.

I had some doubts last year about his team play, and disagreed with people who said he had a Roenick-type upside. I was wrong. He's going to make a huge impact, starting next year. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him score 30-35 goals right out of the gate.

No knock on Price, who is a fine goalie prospect and should have been a top-15 pick, but taking him over Brule right now looks monumentally stupid.

Far easier to find quality goaltending than this sort of impact player.

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I'm wondering how many people here who hate on Brule have actually watched this guy play or if they merely read the stat sheets at the end of the night. I'm not going to say that this is a case of Brule being flat out better than everybody else not named Sidney Crosby in his draft year, but this talk of Brule not being a star in the NHL just because they can quote a long list of other junior stars who piled up points is crap. I don't pretend like I know everything about every prospect and can debate on who's better than who, but I've watched Brule enough times to feel like I know what I am talking about.

There is more to Brule's game than pure offence. He is a better playmaker than he's given credit for and he's a ferocious body checker. His hits can turn momentum by themselves and his willingness to do things like block shots or dive for loose pucks, like was mentioned before, is what sets him apart from the guys who just simply play a skill game and nothing more.

His play in his own end has improved leaps and bounds since returning from Columbus and his feet are constantly moving. His shot is extremely accurate and he's great in tight with his puck handling. There is a lot to like about this guy than just his goal scoring and the number of points he puts up on the board. The fact he's also willing to drop the gloves is another plus. He doesn't do it as often as in the past because Don Hay told him to stop, but he is able to answer the bell if he needs to.

The biggest knock on him before was his size but I've noticed a distinct difference in his body size this season compared to last. He's bulked up a lot more and is thicker, not frail like he was during the 04/05 season.

His performance last night was probably the best performance I've seen in person for quite some time and possibly ever. Brule and Nash will be a leathal combination for a lot of years.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
pei fan said:
They might not be the only ones. Right now, imo ,he's the best player in the CHL.
I have to admit monster ,I'm very impressed and I'm sure Dougies grinning from ear to ear.

Btw, are you impressed with my guy,yet? ;)

Yeah, James Sheppard is a beauty. :D

Alter Haudegen

Dec 7, 2004
Hordichuk_24 said:

If this is the case then why has his 16 year old back-up almost identical stats (and actually a better win percentage)? And before you say it's because he played, as back-up, the softer opponents maybe you should check the teams he started against (Vancouver, Calgary, Everett, Moose Jaw, Kelowna, Kootenay, ...).
I don't think that the Ams were as bad as some people here (mainly Habs fans ;) ) made them to be. I'd say that Stephenson (Second All Star Team), McDonald (First All Star Team) or Gracik are actually very good players.
Don't get me wrong I like Carey Price and I have no problem with the Habs taking him at 5th, but i'm getting a little fed up with the claim how bad the Ams were this season and that only Carey Price was the savior when this doesn't hold up IMO.

Hordichuk_24

Alter Haudegen said:
If this is the case then why has his 16 year old back-up almost identical stats (and actually a better win percentage)? And before you say it's because he played, as back-up, the softer opponents maybe you should check the teams he started against (Vancouver, Calgary, Everett, Moose Jaw, Kelowna, Kootenay, ...).
I don't think that the Ams were as bad as some people here (mainly Habs fans ;) ) made them to be. I'd say that Stephenson (Second All Star Team), McDonald (First All Star Team) or Gracik are actually very good players.
Don't get me wrong I like Carey Price and I have no problem with the Habs taking him at 5th, but i'm getting a little fed up with the claim how bad the Ams were this season and that only Carey Price was the savior when this doesn't hold up IMO.

Fluke? :dunno:

Tri-City was a streaky team. Pickard stepped up to the plate and had a few decent games. That doesn't really mean much at all in the whole scheme of things.

Either way to try and suggest Tri-City is a better team without Price is ridiculous.

Alter Haudegen

Dec 7, 2004
Hordichuk_24 said:
Fluke? :dunno:

Tri-City was a streaky team. Pickard stepped up to the plate and had a few decent games. That doesn't really mean much at all in the whole scheme of things.

Either way to try and suggest Tri-City is a better team without Price is ridiculous.

No one claims that Tri City is better without Price but the AMS have other good players too. The have two players in the Western Conference All Star Teams and neither one is Price. I'm just fed up that a lot of people (and I don't mean you) who have probably never seen a Dub game this season claim that Tri City is probably the worst team in the league and Price is the only reason why they made the play-offs.

Agent007

Mar 22, 2006
i was at the game on saturday night with my girlfriend. Shes not much of a hockey fan but even she was amazed how about great brule was playing. All she kept saying was wow that number 17 can sure hit. The fact he got 6 points on a night where his goaltender forgot to show up is huge. He looked absolutely fantastic every shift and wow i dont go to many junior games but that was the best hockey game ive been to this season and i saw a lot of canuck games. Great hitting high scoring and plenty of fantastic plays. The best player on the ice was no doubt about it brule and this guy is going to be A STAR in the nhl. Really glad i got to see him play here in vancouver and i look foward to seeing him come back with the jackets.

Hordichuk_24

Alter Haudegen said:
No one claims that Tri City is better without Price but the AMS have other good players too. The have two players in the Western Conference All Star Teams and neither one is Price. I'm just fed up that a lot of people (and I don't mean you) who have probably never seen a Dub game this season claim that Tri City is probably the worst team in the league and Price is the only reason why they made the play-offs.

I hear what you are saying. Tri-City did have some players that had lingering injuries and missed most of the season. So that certainly didn't help their chances of being a better team (record wise). And they certainly aren't the worst team in the league. But at the same time Price has stolen many games for the Americans and he is definitely one of the best if not the best goaltender in the league.

And trust me, I'm not one of those fans you are speaking of. I've seen probably 20 or 30 Tri-City games from this past season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->