I hope Buff takes Chris Stewart for a spin. :nod:

tumblr_or234nnQRC1rowenko1_400.gif

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
9ckVLUv.png

... there can be no doubt about it!

BUT, if we're going to have Orlesky and "Rotating Color Guy", surely there's someone in the booth that's missing?

That's right, dis fella:

YC9DJoe.png

"It looks like Byfugulien just hit Clutterbuck with a textbook suplay; of course that is the 297th time in Clutterbuck's career that he has been hit with that move.. and Byfuglien goes down for the pin and only gets the two count.. this now gives Byfuglies 4,319 near counts during undercard matches on prime numbered days"

EDIT: Wait, you already had the Ukranian Cranium on there. Worked too hard on this to let my five minutes go to waste :P

Nice... but I'm pretty sure Mr Solie never worked the AWA territory... I'm a stickler for rules ;)

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Helly isn't taking the day off cuz zammer sure as helly hasn't. Didn't see anything in the rules about no hacking the bone...

Gonna have to admit this was tough (falling asleep in front of the computer). If the Jets played the Wild any time in the near future I would have tapped out. But the AWA couldn't wait until the spring!!!

Reactions: DRC and Jets 31

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Hawk and Animal were AWA? That is awesome!

Gonna be a tough game for me having to cheer against my favorite player in Granny. No idea what to expect just hoping for max effort all around.
Would love to see Ehlers and Frenchie pot a couple, they due.

YES, they famously were the only Tag Team to win the AWA, NWA & WWF Tag Team Titles. They arrived on the scene right after Vince stole Hogan and carried the company for a while.

Reactions: boyko10

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I really appreciated the effort on this one , man did this bring back memories!
Ran into Mad Dog in 81 at the airport, he was very polite and soft spoken quite the opposite of his stage persona.
I actually liked those days of wrestling best.
Anyways let’s take care of the Wild.

And go Vikings

There aren't as many AWA pics on the internet as one would think. Slows the process down quite a bit. But hey my need for authenticity is strong ;)

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Vern destroyed the AWA, had the golden goose in Hogan and let it go.

Vince helped him quite a bit. Some dirty play with buying up TV rights and getting other territories kicked out of their TV agreements. He wanted a Monopoly and he got one (unfortunately for the fans). His insistence on wanting his son Greg to be the NEXT guy was sort of the final straw.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Oh man does this bring back memories. I forgot all about Buck Zumhoffe. When I was a kid I would always root for him or Kenny "Sodbuster" Jay to win a match but of course they never would.

4-2 Jets with an empty netter.

GJG

Zumhoffe won some matches over jobbers. My favorite was his finishing maneuver was a hand stand on the top rope fall into a splash on his downed opponent. One time he accidentally fell the wrong way and all the way to the outside. It took him so long to get up that his opponent actually lifted his head to look around and see what had happened, but still just laid there. 'Ol Buck pathetically climbed back up to the ropes and did his move for the win. This is when I suspected something was "up".

Reactions: HannuJ

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I could be totally wrong but for some reason i always think Helle plays well VS Minny.. Is this true or am i just remembering like a couple games haha

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
:clap:You have a talent for these GDT'S Zhammer that's for sure . Maybe you should be getting paid for these . :laugh: Well the Helly imoji finally lost a game in regulation so i gotta find something else ..... GOOOOO Helly GOOOOO !!! :crossfing

Reactions: Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Great GDT! Gotta love AWA! "Trevor Kidd" is of course Puppy Dog Peloquin who lived in Winnipeg and was in the renovation business when not in the ring. Used to see him driving his old van in St. Vital all the time. I would swear that the Baron lived in Fort Richmond for a short time after his retirement. If it wasn't him it was his twin.

If the Jets play like they did last night but with a little more puck luck they should win tonight. I wonder if they start Hutch?

jets2020champs

Nov 6, 2016
Canada
Great GDT. Brings back memories when my brothers and cousins would play wrestling. I would be the referee. Thanks for the history lesson.

It’ll be a long week if the Jets lose, but there will be plenty of discussion here in HF. This would be a good chance to try Roslovic on 2nd line centre. And Dano deserves another game.

Go Jets Go!!!

Kent C Tugood

Not Quite Dead Yet
Jan 1, 2012
Doontoon
I feel I gotta get a GDT in sometime, but I can't interrupt the hot streak that Zhamnov is showing up with!

Go Jets Go!
They usually win when I'm not there, so I'm glad to report I'm in Winnipeg!

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Great GDT. Brings back memories when my brothers and cousins would play wrestling. I would be the referee. Thanks for the history lesson.

It’ll be a long week if the Jets lose, but there will be plenty of discussion here in HF. This would be a good chance to try Roslovic on 2nd line centre. And Dano deserves another game.

Go Jets Go!!!

Who's Little playing with if Roslovic is at center on the 2nd line?

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I feel I gotta get a GDT in sometime, but I can't interrupt the hot streak that Zhamnov is showing up with!

Go Jets Go!
They usually win when I'm not there, so I'm glad to report I'm in Winnipeg!

No certainly jump in. Perhaps just send me a PM as to what game you are doing so we both don't do one. I've got dibs on the March 8th game. I've been working on that one since I started doing these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->