Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Panthers - Helsinki (Nov 1 & 2) Hartwall Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
IMG_0631.jpg

The Winnipeg Jets Hockey Club, in conjunction with the National Hockey League and the Florida Panthers, today announced details about the 2018 NHL Global Series™ games. The Panthers and Jets will face off in a pair of regular-season games at Hartwall Arena in Helsinki, Finland on Thursday, Nov. 1 and Friday, Nov. 2, with both games scheduled for 8 p.m. local time (1 p.m. CST). Tickets to the 2018 NHL Global Series™ games between the Jets and Panthers will go on sale on Monday, March 12 at 9 a.m. local time (2 a.m. CST) at https://www.livenation.fi.
The Winnipeg Jets, in both the 1.0 and 2.0 versions, share many connections with Finland. Four Finnish-born players have featured for Winnipeg since the Jets returned in 2011, including current players Joel Armia and Patrik Laine. Jets. 1.0 also featured a number of Finns, highlighted by Teemu Selanne and Teppo Numminen. In September 1994, the original Winnipeg Jets played three exhibition games in Finland for the 1994 NHL International Challenge in Finland including games against Selanne's Finnish club Jokerit and Tappara, which was Numminen's former team and is based in Tampere where both Numminen and Patrik Laine hail from.
The 2018 NHL Global Series™ will mark the seventh season the NHL has traveled to Europe to play regular-season games. These games reward the legion of loyal and passionate international fans by featuring some of the NHL's biggest stars and generating interest in the League worldwide. The three games this fall will be the 23rd, 24th and 25th NHL regular-season games played in Europe. The two games between Florida and Winnipeg will mark the fifth and sixth NHL regular-season games played in Finland, all of which have been played at Hartwall Arena in Helsinki.

Last edited:

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
I recall a discussion about them a few Laine threads ago. Not sure if they're everywhere

There are at least two "skyboxes" with Sauna at Hartwall Arena (home arena for KHL team Jokerit Helsinki) which is where that Jets vs. Canes will happen.

Though those sauna skyboxes I found are pretty large, for 72 and 30 people. There might be also some smaller ones available.

Towels are included in the price, if you can get one of those sauna skyboxes.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
I’m thinking about going to Europe next year (if not Canada or South America), that’s something I’d definitely be keen to go to.

Swiftt

Jul 3, 2016
Winnipeg
I wonder why they didn’t choose Minnesota. They have Granlund and Koivu, plus it’s a division rival.
I guess they want to have an East vs. West matchup?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I wonder why they didn’t choose Minnesota. They have Granlund and Koivu, plus it’s a division rival.
I guess they want to have an East vs. West matchup?

I think Winnipeg is just the Laine effect for hype.
I think Carolina is at least partly because it will cause the biggest increase to HRR because their home gate is one of the lowest out there.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
Hmm... Flight from Edmonton (cuz I live here) for the Oct 10 weekend (just to pick a date) to Helsinki is $1300 return, with a stopover in Reykjavik. That's... not too bad actually. I wonder if I would be insane enough to try going...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->