zjr5vqO.jpg

SJzKgLj.jpg

ohSJaCF.jpg

6m4nrjo.jpg

jNaFVyJ.jpg

WvnSnNA.jpg

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Appears I'm first in! Big fan of Hanna-Barbera. Favourite oldie cartoon in reruns was Quick Draw McGraw & Baba Looey particularly the El Kabong episodes.

Saturday morning cartoons were a rite of passage growing up with Scooby-Doo & it's various spin-offs being any kids "must see tv."

Favourites were Scooby-Doo, Hong Kong Phooey, Captain Caveman & The Teen Angels, Dynomutt the Dog Wonder, Super Friends & of course the Laff-A-Lympics featuring:

- the Scooby Doobies (a collection of the 1970's HB characters)
-the Yoki Yahooeys (all star cast of HB's 50's & 60's)
-the Really Rottens (a mostly all original cast of villains... as well as the name of the best senior mens basketball team in Winnipeg:thumbu:)

Looking forward to a big game tonight. Catching another team playing back to back on the road.

Here's highlights from L.A.'s game last night in Chicago.

Los Angeles Kings - Chicago Blackhawks - February 19th, 2018

Blackhawks made a game of it in the third, so hoping that will have some effect on the Kings tonight. Looks as though Chicago dominated the game possession wise:

NHL.com - Stats

Kopitar also played 24 minutes. Doughty, Martinez, Phaneuf & Brown all over 20.

A win tonight puts the Jets at 81 points. Nashville (in Washington), Boston (in Edmonton), Tampa (in Detroit) all playing. Some luck could leave us tied for 2nd overall & one point back of league leading Vegas by the nights end.

Go Jets Go!

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Ok this time the one that got me was Chipper with the shaker at the bar!! Good Stuff again I am loving these themed GDT's.

Going to be a tough game the Kings are a talented team. I would much rather play them in this situation than any other though, they are on the second game of a B2B and they are without Jeff Carter who always seems to play well against us.

GJG finish this home stand off in style please.........and thank you.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Heavens to Murgatroyd, I love this GDT.

Anyone else who grew up with Manitoba 'farmervision' (CBC and CKY/CTV) in the late 70s/early 80s, will surely remember how CKY endlessly replayed many of these Hanna-Barbara cartoons early weekdays mornings: Yogi Bear, Snagglepuss, Quickdraw McGraw, Huckleberry Hound, Augie Doggie and Daddy, just to name a few!

I remember when we got a TV antenna 'powerful" enough to pick up CKND (Global) in 1984, what a revelation! Modern cartoons like Smurfs and Transformers!

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Kings coming in back to back off a win. Best scenario is happy and tired team .

4-2, Copp unassisted hattrick

Reactions: Jets 31

SoCalJetsFan

Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Temecula, CA
Heavens to Murgatroyd, I love this GDT.

Anyone else who grew up with Manitoba 'farmervision' (CBC and CKY/CTV) in the late 70s/early 80s, will surely remember how CKY endlessly replayed many of these Hanna-Barbara cartoons early weekdays mornings: Yogi Bear, Snagglepuss, Quickdraw McGraw, Huckleberry Hound, Augie Doggie and Daddy, just to name a few!

I remember when we got a TV antenna 'powerful" enough to pick up CKND (Global) in 1984, what a revelation! Modern cartoons like Smurfs and Transformers!

Yep "farmervision":laugh:, good ol CBC and "squeaky Y":thumbu:. Sounds like I was about 10 years ahead of you as it was 60's and 70"s for me. Was a pretty big deal when we got anything other than "The Friendly Giant & Chez Helene"
Another brilliant GDT, you just keep hitting them out of the park:vhappy:

Had completely forgotten about El Kabong, one of my favorites.

Predict a win tonight, the Kings are a good test with experience & size, but Jets are more skilled and faster. Skate them into the ice since they are on a B-2-B.

Go!:jetsGo!

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
So how many 20 goal scorers will the Jets finish the year with if Little picks it up a bit? 7? That's pretty ridiculous in today's NHL.

Maybe its 8 next year if/ when Roslo plays a full year. That, of course, remains to be seen but is plausible.

Reactions: Jets 31
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad