Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Flyers - Sat Mar 10 12:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Me. I think the Jets also like Poolman more than Morrow. I think some of it is about Poolman being developed for next season, though I would see him as depth for the playoffs too. I like him a lot more than Morrow.

Agreed & I'm sure the majority feel the same way. Despite this I would hope we've seen the last of him this season. He has no hope of displacing anyone with a healthy lineup.

With regards to next season, the Poolman issue is much larger than drawing ice time away from Morrow. I firmly believe Poolman takes regular shifts at RD next year. The big off season question in my mind is who he displaces at RD. Cap space has to be created for the 8 RFA's on the main roster. We've all crunched the numbers & even with bridge deals we'll be awful close to the cap limit leaving Chevy little wiggle room, not to mention if the Jets end up banged up & become forced to spend serious dollars beyond 23 players due to injuries.

I guarantee you we aren't spending $16 million+ on RD next season.

Trouba, Myers, Byfuglien. I'll seriously eat crow...literal dead crow (although I'll insist to shoot it myself...outside city limits of course), if next season begins with all three still on the opening day roster.

Reactions: STZD

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Ah its a really early afternoon game...

The other fan base are expecting to blow them out of the water and Laine clobbering their team.
Hope the boys are up to the challenge, early afternoon games are always iffy. Depends how you wake up and if you feel energize. Hope the team is well rested.

No Schiefele still right?

Go JETS GO, just win again....

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Agreed & I'm sure the majority feel the same way. Despite this I would hope we've seen the last of him this season. He has no hope of displacing anyone with a healthy lineup.

With regards to next season, the Poolman issue is much larger than drawing ice time away from Morrow. I firmly believe Poolman takes regular shifts at RD next year. The big off season question in my mind is who he displaces at RD. Cap space has to be created for the 8 RFA's on the main roster. We've all crunched the numbers & even with bridge deals we'll be awful close to the cap limit leaving Chevy little wiggle room, not to mention if the Jets end up banged up & become forced to spend serious dollars beyond 23 players due to injuries.

I guarantee you we aren't spending $16 million+ on RD next season.

Trouba, Myers, Byfuglien. I'll seriously eat crow...literal dead crow (although I'll insist to shoot it myself...outside city limits of course), if next season begins with all three still on the opening day roster.
mmm mmmmm fricasseed crow...

No, just kidding. I agree and the smart option would be Myers at or before the draft. As we all know, Trouba is the wild card.
If he holds out until just before his arbitration hearing, what does Chevy do? Try to move Myers after the arbitration hearing? I guess he could but it is a better deal to be done at or before the entry draft.
If it looks like Trouba is staying and they are hammering out a deal, Myers is gone. His play doesn't justify anything near 5.5m AAV.
Buff and Trouba can eat up 48 minutes a game and Maurice can shelter Poolman for the other 12. If Poolman turns out playing as well as Chiarot has the last two weeks, I'd be more than happy. I think he is already as good as Chiarot in his own end maybe just not as experienced.
What we need is a bona fide 1LHD or 2LHDand a center...someone just like Stastny.
I can see Chevy maybe bridging guys like Morrissey and/or KC and really dig in to keep Lowry's and Armia's AAVs down.
I also think it is important to sign Laine this summer before he gets any better.
I think Trouba signs for 5 years tops.
So this isn't too off-topic, the Jets need to shut down the Flyers' top line and the rest should take care of itself. I expect Buff to see about 28+ minutes and Helle to have another good game. I wonder if this is a game where a line like Little's line can feast assuming the Flyers are checking the ESL line more. They've lost their last 5 games, we have to kick them while they're down.

Reactions: Arthur Fonzarelli
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->