GDT: Jets vs Flyers morning edition (Mar-10th, 12:00pm) - "Six Degrees"

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Takes me back to 2004 and World Cup of hockey. Quite surprisingly my home country Finland made it to the final against Canada. I happened to be on the States and basically middle of a desert on our way from Scottsdale AZ to LA. I remember it was an afternoon game, so it would be televised at a decent time in Finland also. I, of course just had to see the game. So we stopped by a town that seemed to be big enough to have a sports bar. Luckily we did and they had ESPN2 which it was on. Felt kinda weird to be there in the middle of the hot desert on the deserted bar (there was 1 other customer execpt for me and my 2 friends). Watching hockey and screaming my lungs out. Weird but somehow a great experience (although Canada won) :laugh:.

Watching hockey with enthusiasm in exotic places can be a lot of fun and help make new friends...

Had to spend some time on Charlotte Amalie over the New Year a number of years ago and watched the World Juniors at an outdoor Tiki Sports Bar overlooking the bay by the cruise liners dock.

Met a bunch of tradesmen from the islands, they were watching football and basketball until I started yelling and screaming at the hockey game, then they all moved over with me and they learned the game of hockey. They kept meeting up with me for the rest of the tournament - it was really cool. One of them had a beautiful home overlooking the ocean on the hillside with his own private little beach and has invited our family back again. Looking forward to it. I promised him I would do it when the World Juniors was on again. He's now a hockey fan and I have a new bunch of friends of his circle.

Life can be real good and surprising. I hope they all weathered the hurricane ok...

st-thomas-charlotte-amalie.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad