Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Flames - Sat. 2:00 PM CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Got impatient! Let's get going already!

Status of Lowry and Tanev?

Schief's progression from upper body injury?

Flames on a roll, this one won't be easy!

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Flames on a roll...
sesame-bun-background-fire-wooden-board-54226523.jpg

Meh, they've had a week off and lost all momentum. Douse those weirdo bun burners and Go Jerts Go!

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Lemieux and Roslovic (as well as Hutchinfon) were all sent back down to the Moose so I assume that means Lowry and Tanev are on the mend.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
I hope the Jets get their act together quickly. It's a real shame they got zero points out of their last 2 games. I know they may have been thinking ahead to their week off but the lack of getting any points out of those 2 divisional games could cost them big time later on. There are only 9 points separating 1st and last place in the Central. Even though they've had a great season so far, it's quite possible the Jets could miss the playoffs since at most only 5 teams from the Central can get in with 2 wild card spots. It's unfortunate for them but they need to play every game with a playoff mindset. They really can't afford to take any night off including long stretches during a game.

:jets

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I hope the Jets get their act together quickly. It's a real shame they got zero points out of their last 2 games. I know they may have been thinking ahead to their week off but the lack of getting any points out of those 2 divisional games could cost them big time later on. There are only 9 points separating 1st and last place in the Central. Even though they've had a great season so far, it's quite possible the Jets could miss the playoffs since at most only 5 teams from the Central can get in with 2 wild card spots. It's unfortunate for them but they need to play every game with a playoff mindset. They really can't afford to take any night off including long stretches during a game.

They have over a 92% chance of making the playoffs based on most odds makers.

I don't see the Jets having a collapse of those epic proportions.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
They have over a 92% chance of making the playoffs based on most odds makers.

I don't see the Jets having a collapse of those epic proportions.

Do you remember earlier in the season when St. Louis was in first place and the Jets were 8 points back of them? Not only did the Jets catch up but they also passed the Blues. Anything can happen. I certainly hope you're right but I would still feel more confident if the Jets went on another winning streak.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Lemieux and Roslovic (as well as Hutchinfon) were all sent back down to the Moose so I assume that means Lowry and Tanev are on the mend.

They all could be easily recalled in time to practice tomorrow and accompany the team to Calgary. Nobody was taken off IR yet.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Outside Looking In
Next 4 games before the asb are very important, if we lose them all we are in trouble, go .500 or better and we are right on track and sailing into the playoffs. Calgary will be a tough start they are playing very good lately 7 straight wins and the Canucks are no push over on a b2b for us, should make for an interesting weekend.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Why so negative? There's very little chance we lose them all.

BTW the Canucks are also on a B2B and we have an afternoon game. The Jets will be back in Winnipeg long before the Canucks even start their game.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Next 4 games before the asb are very important, if we lose them all we are in trouble, go .500 or better and we are right on track and sailing into the playoffs. Calgary will be a tough start they are playing very good lately 7 straight wins and the Canucks are no push over on a b2b for us, should make for an interesting weekend.
Well, any team would be in trouble if they lost 6 straight games.

Except the Leafs, because screw the Atlantic division.

DRC

WestJet
Feb 23, 2015
Vancouver Island
Practice tomorrow? I expect a big push from from KC and Armia out of the gate. This schedule has been very forgiving and we couldn't be luckier with the times of key players going down. It's really galvanized the team. I'm cautiously optimistic for Saturday and moving forward. GJG

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
I'm going to the game on Saturday. Remarkably, this is going to be my 4th Jets game this year (pre-season in Edmonton, 2nd game in Calgary, New Years Eve in Edmonton, then this Saturday in Calgary), which doesn't even count the Dec 27 game in Winnipeg where I had tix, made it into the bldg., but had to leave before puck drop when my son became sick. That's way,w at above my average of 1-2 games per year.

I'm cautiously optimistic. Jets have been playing well, both teams off the break, should be a good game.

Go Jets Go!

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I hope the Jets get their act together quickly. It's a real shame they got zero points out of their last 2 games. I know they may have been thinking ahead to their week off but the lack of getting any points out of those 2 divisional games could cost them big time later on. There are only 9 points separating 1st and last place in the Central. Even though they've had a great season so far, it's quite possible the Jets could miss the playoffs

6-2-1 in the last 9 games, and over a 92% chance of making the playoffs right now. Only need 96'ish points to have an almost locked down chance of a PO spot.

A poor 2 games doesn't worry me that much, especially if we've got Lowry coming back, and Scheif on the mend.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Afternoon game, both teams coming off of a break. Its gonna be a ****ty ****ty game.

At least they are well rested. I'm expecting pretty good game.

Again a prime time match for us Finns. Game starts at 10 pm, Finnish studio at 9.30 pm.

Really nice to see Lowry and Tanev, if they are back on ice. If that's true, Scheifele is the only one missing.

FinJetster

Mar 1, 2015
Kerava, Finland
Do you remember earlier in the season when St. Louis was in first place and the Jets were 8 points back of them? Not only did the Jets catch up but they also passed the Blues. Anything can happen. I certainly hope you're right but I would still feel more confident if the Jets went on another winning streak.

Well yeah, the Jets did. But not the entire division. Which I think is the point here. We certainly might drop a few places, but dropping all the way down so there would be 8 teams ahead of us is highly improbable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->