GDT: Jets vs Caps (Mar-12th, 6pm) - Red Glare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andon

Oct 23, 2016
When is the ceremony for Rocket and the rest? Just wondering if it's before or after shave.

DeeQ

Apr 1, 2017
Nothing's good in Helsinki in November. Just go watch the game and get out as fast as you can.

8QCgF8U.jpg

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
That sounds delicious....expensive though...
Are those mushrooms you are talking about wild or store bought?
Are there any animals or birds you can hunt there?
Is the fishing any good around the time the Jets are playing there next season?
Helle played really well last game and I would give him this one and then the backup gets NSH tomorrow. That would give him two full days rest for Chicago.
Or is Maurice going to play him both games and Hutch/Mason against Chicago?

They're wild mushrooms from my in-laws forest. Called Craterellus tubaeformis (funnel chanterelle). These are from last season, we have some in the freezer.

I live pretty north, so there's a lot of woods here where one can hunt. I don't though. I mainly go fishing.

As someone else already pointed out, the weather in Helsinki is not that good when the games are. But you can still figure out things to do. But I'm not on the map in Helsinki anymore, since I live in Oulu. But I hope as many Jets fans can make it to Finland as possible. There is stuff to do and I bet you would enjoy your time. Just plan ahead.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
The talk of reindeer meat is making me hungry this morning!

I wonder if Patrik has a secret deal with Helle/Hutch, in that he'll share some of his bonus money if they can keep Ovi from scoring :)

I know it's a cliche, but in this case being 19 years old, it's just an honor for Laine to be right in the race with Ovi. If he doesn't win it this year, he has a long career ahead of him to win it.

But having said that WIN IT!!! and two more points for the good guys.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
They're wild mushrooms from my in-laws forest. Called Craterellus tubaeformis (funnel chanterelle). These are from last season, we have some in the freezer.

I live pretty north, so there's a lot of woods here where one can hunt. I don't though. I mainly go fishing.

As someone else already pointed out, the weather in Helsinki is not that good when the games are. But you can still figure out things to do. But I'm not on the map in Helsinki anymore, since I live in Oulu. But I hope as many Jets fans can make it to Finland as possible. There is stuff to do and I bet you would enjoy your time. Just plan ahead.
When i was a kid my dad used to make me go mushroom picking with him until i walked through a wood tick nest . Didn't know i did until the drive home and one after another they came out of my sleeve . My dad is laughing and i'm losing it , we stopped at a road side gas station went in the bathroom and i'm telling you they were everywhere . I'm screaming and my dad is laughing , nice eh ? Never went mushroom picking again . :skeptic:

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
I got a pretty good deal. Young reindeer to be exact. It was 15€/kg but it included everything. It's pretty boney so a lot of the weight was bones. But it was super easy. It was straight from a farm, packed in small vacuum bags. All parts separated. Tenderloin, roasts, ribs, etc. stc. IIRC, it was just under 600€. So, not cheap per se, but 15€/kg is a pretty good deal, even if a lot of it was bones. Yesterday I did a roast and now it's beautifully pink inside and refrigerated. Some "jälkiuunileipä" and thin slices of roasted reindeer and mushroom-salad. Can't beat that! :D

That sounds absolutely delicious. Well, minus the mushroom salad. Mushrooms are vile and my eternal nemesis. But the rest is luxurious. Enjoy, man!

Reactions: Plural

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
I don't think I've been this excited about scoring race since Selanne was battling for the Rocket the last time. I love OV and even if I'm in the Laine/Jets camp it would be awesome to see Laine tie the Rocket with Ovechkin. Something fitting in passing the torch.

Lets keep our fingers crossed that Geno doesn't ruin this for all of us. :laugh:

Reactions: thereturn

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
Nothing's good in Helsinki in November. Just go watch the game and get out as fast as you can.

Brutal, but not entirely wrong :laugh:

...nah, the beer is good. Helsinki has a great craft beer scene these days. Also, if you're into blonde women, you'll be in heaven here. Hot blondes galore.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
Got a new job, so last week I'll be able to watch live NHL regularly for a while. Will for sure not miss any of the Jets games!

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
My dad was an avid deer hunter when I was a kid. I could never go with him because of a severe allergic reaction to deer hair which would make my eyes tear excessively and then swell almost shut. Fishing was my thing anyway. I've eaten countless meals of venison and only enjoyed 2 of them. It's no delicacy in my book, much rather have moose meat or good 'ol black angus beef. I wonder if reindeer is the same as those prairie whitetail I used to choke down. Sounds like Plural's was farm raised so that would surely be tastier. Wild mushrooms are fantastic however.

Boy I hope Little doesn't suck again:sarcasm: then maybe I can get through the PGT.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Jan+Davidszoon+de+Heem.jpg

In our circumstance (and I speak of the Rocket),
That we face the Caps and their fragile paper-tiger cachet,
'Tis heavy with Pate, that the Jets contemplate this battle;
To double-up; aye, to take them down and execute the purging of his soul,
When he is fit and seasoned for this passage?
Aye.
Up, stick, with low kick and otherworldly dimension:
When Ovi is drunk with glorious wishes, or in his rage;
Or in some misplaced pleasure at the top of the dot;
Or skating aimlessly, swearing and waiting to gain the zoun
That has no relish of salvation in it.
Then, with sick goals, trip him, that his skate blades may wiggle at heaven,
And that his soul may be as damned and whack
As Helle Boy’s**, whereto his fired pucks are stopped. As PoMo says,
Ovi’s physic but prolongs his sickly days.

**assuming its not Hutch between the pipes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad