GDT: Jets vs Canucks - Rogers Arena - Oct 12, 9:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Armia has been my favorite for a long time now , but unfortunately it seems like he's not capable of taking that next step to be a top 6 player. Barely a roster player now. Too bad.

Don’t panic he is banged up right now. I am more concerned with Joel’s durability than his talent. It’s a long season and a healthy Armia is a solid asset we can use.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Don’t panic he is banged up right now. I am more concerned with Joel’s durability than his talent. It’s a long season and a healthy Armia is a solid asset we can use.

TBH his body language wasn't great yesterday

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I won't be posting here the rest of the day. Heading to the airport soon to pick up the Winnipeg tourists.

Will rock my Laine home jersey this morning before switching to my Trouba white for the game.

Wanna see a Poolman goal tonight in a winning effort

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
think he is being shown some tough love. long over due. needs to play harder and more consistent when he gets back in.

Number 204

Oct 5, 2017
Armia has been my favorite for a long time now , but unfortunately it seems like he's not capable of taking that next step to be a top 6 player. Barely a roster player now. Too bad.
i think Armia will do good this year hes just needs to go with the flow has a PK player we have enough guys who can score goals plus when Connor, Petan & Roslovic get there chances to play and prove that they can be top 6 players its gonna push Armia back even more

StiffSquid

Nov 17, 2016
North Carolina
think he is being shown some tough love. long over due. needs to play harder and more consistent when he gets back in.

Yeah I think he deserves the tough love a bit. His highs are really high and his lows are too damn low. He really needs to find that consistency , but I don't think he has many years left to find it. Soon he'll find himself from the outside looking in , and that'd be a shame because of all the talent he has. But it is what it is.

I'd like to see how he would play with Connor though. I don't know why but I always wanted Armia and Connor to play in the same line lol

Reactions: Senorsmooth

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,
i think Armia will do good this year hes just needs to go with the flow has a PK player we have enough guys who can score goals plus when Connor, Petan & Roslovic get there chances to play and prove that they can be top 6 players its gonna push Armia back even more

I love Armia too, but would agree he has to up his game a bit. I think it is Roslovic and Connor that will push him down.

My guess is that Petan never gets the opportunity to ever push anyone out of the lineup, especially Top 6. If he is top 6 on our team, we must have a ton of injuries

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I still have high hopes and expectations for Armia. He was injured in training camp and has had a bit of a slow start, but I think he'll bounce back once he gets another chance.

Reactions: Senorsmooth

Senorsmooth

Wheels is my captain
Jun 27, 2014
Manitoba's Parkland
I still have high hopes and expectations for Armia. He was injured in training camp and has had a bit of a slow start, but I think he'll bounce back once he gets another chance.

Hope springs eternal. I also have a soft spot for Armia. He does look a little banged up and I'm hopeful that's what was holding him back. I still see him as an effective NHLer.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Armia has kind of gone into these funks before where he just isn't the player that impressed us in the first place. I think it's kind of been a pattern through his career. I don't know if it's confidence or nagging injuries that weigh on him, but I imagine he'll turn it around in a bit. He's also at the stage of his career where he's pretty much a finished product and I wouldn't expect a lot of upside beyond what he's shown he can be to date.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
For some reason I can handle looking at the lineup a little better if I mentally picture the Petan/Copp/Dano line as line 3 and the Matthais/Lowry/Tanev line as line 4. I know the minutes won't shake out that way though.

Looking forward to watching Poolman again and seeing if he continues his play. Long shot prediction, I think he's going to score trailing on a rush with a blast after receiving a drop pass. ;)

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Would be nice to see one or more of the trifecta of underachievers club [(Petan, Armia, Dano) PAD] come out and give a full effort and contribute offensively for change. Copp is in danger of joining the club as he is pretty much pitching a no hitter through three games already. For Copp to be effective he needs to crash and bang.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
Great lines. I can't wait to watch the Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler line tonight. I think they are one of the best lines in hockey, the way they mesh.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
Pumped for tonight, hopefully we bring it because I want to see another strong effort.

Monday's game looked like Helle's time with Francilia this summer has been paying off. Looked really calm in net again.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
In another thread (now closed), there was reference to an article by Dellow that cited how bad the Jets 3rd line was last year in goal differential.

I had a quick look at Corsica data to investigate, and thought the results were interesting.

Here are the on-ice goal differentials (5v5) for lines centered by Jets' centres last season. Note, for Perreault and Burmi I only looked at the data for the lines on which they played with two wingers, to isolate lines on which they played C. Occasionally, it was ambiguous (e.g. Copp with Burmi), so I omitted those data from the summary.

5v5 on-ice goal differential (2016/17):

Scheifele +15
Little -1
Lowry -2
Copp -2
Burmi -5
Perreault -11

What's clear is that a lot of the poor goal differential 5v5 happened when Perreault was at C. But GD only tells you what happened, and isn't a very good way of forecasting what will happen. So I dug a bit deeper into Perreault's role as a C and looked at the total raw Corsi (5v5) for line combinations where he was C.

Perreault at C: CF 177 CA 210 CF% 45.7

Given Perreault's remarkable performance on the wing, clearly the most important message is that Perreault should not play C.

Oh, and Little needs a bounce-back season if the Jets are going to make a lot of noise.

Guilty Party

Healthy Scratch 4lyfe
Jan 28, 2013
ThunderBay
Gameday!

Looking forward to tonight's game. Let's get on a roll and keep the winz coming pls.
I believe we get Beyak & Ray Ferraro tonight on the TSN broadcast! I was hoping Ray would do all our TSN west coast games. Suck it sportsnet.

Last game, I liked having a fully rested, non pp, fully intact Lowry line to put on the ice right after our PP to go against the opposition's best. It didn't feel disjointed and they can usually handle a pushback from the other teams best.

Roll 4 lines, make all the saves, score all the goals, take all the points!

Go:jetsGo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->