Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Blues - Fri Feb 23 7:00pm CT

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Wow. Blues are reeling. Anaheim is nipping at their heels.

IMG_6076.png

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Jets better not give St. Louis another hand up. They’ve been pretty good at bounce back performances this season though so I have faith they don’t repeat the last game vs. the Blues.

Will Lowry ever be back? :(

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Fake playoffs update:

Our round 1 series is now tied at 3 games. So this is the big one. Can we win game 7?

In other words.....the real test

If we win on to round 2

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I want to get some physicality back into the lineup. I think the one thing we are missing right now is to turn the momentum of the game with some really physical play when we're struggling. We could have used it against the Kings.

Lowry, Trouba and Tanev are missed, but we could see more in that department from Buff, Kulikov, Laine, and even Wheeler and Scheifele.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I'd like Hellebucyk to get a break, but it's hard to not give him one for too many reasons, especially in the next few games considering down the three-game stretch. Maybe vs Detroit we start whoever our back-up is, but right now it'd be Comrie.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I want to get some physicality back into the lineup. I think the one thing we are missing right now is to turn the momentum of the game with some really physical play when we're struggling. We could have used it against the Kings.

Lowry, Trouba and Tanev are missed, but we could see more in that department from Buff, Kulikov, Laine, and even Wheeler and Scheifele.

Totally agree. I was saying the same thing in the GDT. A couple of big hits could have changed the look of the Kings game and likely most games from here to playoffs.

Nice new tag line :)

Reactions: Jet

Calendal

May 16, 2016
London, England
I'd like Hellebucyk to get a break, but it's hard to not give him one for too many reasons, especially in the next few games considering down the three-game stretch. Maybe vs Detroit we start whoever our back-up is, but right now it'd be Comrie.

I think we need someone to take one of the b2bs. I’m not so worried about overall fatigue.. our schedule has revently been quite gentle and I think Helle is quite energy-efficient (no big acrobatics, just solid positioning etc).

He has no glaring weaknesses that have been exposed so he can afford to skip practise and just be the starter.

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada

Assuming Helle starts against the Blues, I'd like to see Comrie get the Dallas game. It would give him experience, perhaps inspire the Jets to go for that extra gear when the fatigue kicks in, plus the Stars haven't exactly been shooting up the league lately.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Assuming Helle starts against the Blues, I'd like to see Comrie get the Dallas game. It would give him experience, perhaps inspire the Jets to go for that extra gear when the fatigue kicks in, plus the Stars haven't exactly been shooting up the league lately.

I do the opposite. I figure the Blues are going to kick our butts again anyway so put Comrie in to be the sacrificial lamb, and then we have a better chance with Bucky against Dallas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad